08xp Wobbly ski's, what to do?

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, looked back a bit and didnt see a thread for this. My 08xp has done me well over the years but the ski's are getting a bit wobbly as they are getting worn. I tightened the bolts up but there is gaps in between the spacers thats causing it. Just wondering what the best fix for this is?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey, looked back a bit and didnt see a thread for this. My 08xp has done me well over the years but the ski's are getting a bit wobbly as they are getting worn. I tightened the bolts up but there is gaps in between the spacers thats causing it. Just wondering what the best fix for this is?

Gaps in the bolt spacers just add a washer. Wobble is more likely bushings.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup....no grease zerk as we had on the old sleds....I slide mine out every few rides and smear some grease on em.

jimxp

Reaction score
replace bushings and if you tap a grease nipple in the front of the spindle they will last way longer!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep!
My dealer didn't even grease them when they assembled it.

Luckily I checked, you should grease them twice a season;

Grease zerk is a good idea.

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep, replaced the bushing on the 08 this fall, compleatly worn out. easy fix, it only took about 1-2 beers,,,,, per side plus parts of course. :d

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep, replaced the bushing on the 08 this fall, compleatly worn out. easy fix, it only took about 1-2 beers,,,,, per side plus parts of course. :d
Proper lubrication of the bushing AND the mechanic is very important.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So looking into getting these. On the microfish im looking up it shows that labeled as the axel? It look like I would only need 2 of these, one per side. But everyone keeps saying 4....?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
505070954 x 4 - bushings
505072101 x 2 - axel

you may aswell order the axels aswell because they could be worn and when you put the sloppy axel back into the new bushings you will have the same problem over again.

have you taken this assembely apart yet? i hate to say it but you need to check first before you order because sometimes its to late and the axel has worn through the bushing and right into the spindle making it impossible to replace just the bushings.

if you find that both your spindles are ok then go ahead and just order those parts i listed.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much maxwell! I will take it apart this weekend and see what the dmg is...hopefully didnt wear into the spindle...$100 each!:eek::eek:
The updated part # for the axel is - 506133300
And for some reason they call the bushings cushions...didnt know my sled was a couch lol

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
On my 04 I changed the spindells to the ones from the MXZX as they are wider and take up all the space between the ski. Havent had any issues with the bushings anymore. was thinking of doing that to the wifes 08. Are the mxzx spindles wider like they used to be? Seems to take alot of torque off thos bushings and spread it more evenly across the spindle.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give another BIG thank you to Maxwell and everyone who replied!! Got the bushings and axels put in this weekend! Was SUPER easy to do and now she handles like new!:d:d:beer::beer:
Our mechanic in town said a big culprit to these going like mine did is jumping cause the bushings are brittle and break. Out of the 4 bushings there was about .3 of ONE left lol!

Top Bottom