08 m1000 air intake

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did the slp high flow kit allow snow to come in at all?i am sealing my air box up and already installed that kit (so the airbox is cut out) other than the foam ripping any other problems? i dont have the bog due to lack of air i have abog due to ingestion. thanks

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good set up Shredder! I have the SLP in combo Speedwerx set up on a 09-M8 and 0 issues with this, comes in around $140. But now looking at converting a buddies air intake on a 08 M1000 with a PowCom due to bog issues in deep Pow. On my 09-M8 I went with SLP High Flow Part #14-305 and modified it, ditch the foam connect the stock rubber boot to the SLP High Flow and to Speedwerx Part ACHFI this coupling opens up the diameter into the air box and connects to the stock boot .Your still drawing in air up top, I also like to run a float plate so was looking to avoid the front air intake set up.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the D&D Firebreather. I cut the side pieces off my skid plate and installed a set of MoFlo intake vents in the nose of the sled, a set of MoFlo vents on either side of the guages, a Madsigntist guage relocation/vent kit,and a set of 2Cool side panel vents. I've never had a single issue with bogging in over the hood powder. It only makes sense that if you run the shelf on a "BDX style" kit that is dependant on getting ALL it's air from the nose of the sled that when the front vents get packed you are going to get a rich bog. I wouldn't run the shelf on any kit. I do like the pics of the mod Linderman is doing to the stock air box; looks like a set of the MoFlo's I have on either side of my guage, installed on either side of the intake horn. If a guy could lose all the weight of the intake/insulation on the underside of the hood and vent the stock airbox in the nose like that I think it might be the way to go. :beer:

I believe mine now would be similar to Linderman mod you are referring to. I basically just used 2in round frogskins instead of the moflo vents installed on either side of the intake horn. I haven`t had a chance to test yet. The D&D firebreather is pretty much the same as the Timbersled correct?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe mine now would be similar to Linderman mod you are referring to. I basically just used 2in round frogskins instead of the moflo vents installed on either side of the intake horn. I haven`t had a chance to test yet. The D&D firebreather is pretty much the same as the Timbersled correct?

Yep; same chit different pile.

Top Bottom