08 m1000 air intake

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like BDX one. Just one question , will this work with a belly pan? It doesn't show one in the instructions?

sleliuk1

Reaction score
I like BDX one. Just one question , will this work with a belly pan? It doesn't show one in the instructions?

i'm guessing no but you can make it work. drill holes through the bellypan and the front bumper plastic with the pan on, then take it off, silicone between the bellypan and bumper plastic, then put it back on and put those vents on that bdx gives you and there should be no problem at all, i guess it depends how much drilling/cutting you wanna do!

Bummer

Reaction score
Seems to me that the if the Cat gurus? (sorry for the spelling) or going to use the stock modified intake I dont think I would purchace an aftermarket airbox! I would modify the one I allready had!! There is a picture of what guy are doing on this web site I will look and give you the link for it.
They are just using the 2 1/2 inch frog skin circles and adding them to the top or sides of the airbox and cutting holes in the bottom below the air box. hope that make sence! Picture will make it all clear.
I am going to add the same holes to mine with the B&D and see if that helps!!:beer:

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool , thanks! Being an electrical contractor I have every size of hole saw known to man lol , I am thinking I am going to go this way. Thanks for your input.

J

Bummer

Reaction score
I have been looking and off course I cant find the pictures of it BUT when I do I will PM you. Just measure how big of holes you can get in the sides of the air box and the top and buy the SLP flow rites in the right size! When you take the air box out they where cuting 2 to 2 1/2 holes in the aluminum plate below the airbox. I would buy the B&D vent kit and do the belly pan and that should give a guy tons of air.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been looking and off course I cant find the pictures of it BUT when I do I will PM you. Just measure how big of holes you can get in the sides of the air box and the top and buy the SLP flow rites in the right size! When you take the air box out they where cuting 2 to 2 1/2 holes in the aluminum plate below the airbox. I would buy the B&D vent kit and do the belly pan and that should give a guy tons of air.

I wouldn't depend solely on the BDX vents to hold back snow, as it only takes on stick to punch a hole through and you're getting a bunch of snow inhalation. Also, for those that give a damn, by modifying the stock intake the way you say, you WILL be pulling hot air.

GPsnownut

Reaction score
Seems to me that the if the Cat gurus? (sorry for the spelling) or going to use the stock modified intake I dont think I would purchace an aftermarket airbox! I would modify the one I allready had!! There is a picture of what guy are doing on this web site I will look and give you the link for it.
They are just using the 2 1/2 inch frog skin circles and adding them to the top or sides of the airbox and cutting holes in the bottom below the air box. hope that make sence! Picture will make it all clear.
I am going to add the same holes to mine with the B&D and see if that helps!!:beer:

I drilled and installed 4 of the bullseye's from D&D racing into the top of my airbox(2 each side of factory intake). This was very inexpensive and got rid of the bog when riding in deep powder. Snow will block the intake by headlights and engine will bog from lack of air, not fuel problem.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I added frogskin vents on both sides of guage and added guage cage. This is supposed to work very well... Don`t have enough time on mine in deep snow to say for myself, but it gives you another option. I can say for a fact it does let out a decent amount of heat. For the guys that add the `bullseyes`on the box, aren`t you wonrried about getting water in airbox. The top of my air box has snow on it alot of the time, I would be worried about getting water into it.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried SLP ARCTIC CAT High Flow Air Horn Intake Kit M8/M1000 any opinions on this kit , is it good or bad.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried SLP ARCTIC CAT High Flow Air Horn Intake Kit M8/M1000 any opinions on this kit , is it good or bad.

POS! i had that originally on my sled when everything was stock. The foam on that intake gets wet, freezes, and then when you open the hood it rips off.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool thanks for letting me know , I knew it looked too easy. Someone had posted to put those bullseyes in the air box , what`s your take on that

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 ... i like my bdx one, and all i ride is deep. its great but i do run it without the shelf. Im not to worried about sucking hot air either as ive got tons of venting and ceramic coated exhaust. Worth a look.

I have the same deal , havent run it in the deep yet , but glad to hear someone else has done it without the shelf cover deal.

Did you remove all the insulation ?

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes it is what i had before the BDX. Didnt notice any difference with it .... but it is shiny.

If you want to just test it to see if it the path you want to take.. borrow mine.. it is still attached to the air box so it would be just a matter of swapping the air box

sleliuk1

Reaction score
cool thanks for letting me know , I knew it looked too easy. Someone had posted to put those bullseyes in the air box , what`s your take on that

i would try that because its by far the cheapest! if the sled is vented i wouldnt worry about sucking in hot air either. Whats the worst that can happen by putting in those bullseyes?

sleliuk1

Reaction score
oh were you talking about the actual intake horn kit? or the "hi flow intake"? i've never tried that horn. i was talking about the hi flow kit that goes onto the underside of your hood.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking about the high flow kit , the one with the foam. I have a set of bullseyes sitting on the shelf so I might try them , I will eventually do the BDX kit just don`t have time. Theres snow to track up!! lol

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I added frogskin vents on both sides of guage and added guage cage. This is supposed to work very well... Don`t have enough time on mine in deep snow to say for myself, but it gives you another option. I can say for a fact it does let out a decent amount of heat. For the guys that add the `bullseyes`on the box, aren`t you wonrried about getting water in airbox. The top of my air box has snow on it alot of the time, I would be worried about getting water into it.

The frogskins and gauge cage idea didn't work. Just installed the 2" frogskins on top of nose cone to see if this helps. Getting frustrated with this bog. My old MachZ was better in the powder.:mad:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the D&D Firebreather. I cut the side pieces off my skid plate and installed a set of MoFlo intake vents in the nose of the sled, a set of MoFlo vents on either side of the guages, a Madsigntist guage relocation/vent kit,and a set of 2Cool side panel vents. I've never had a single issue with bogging in over the hood powder. It only makes sense that if you run the shelf on a "BDX style" kit that is dependant on getting ALL it's air from the nose of the sled that when the front vents get packed you are going to get a rich bog. I wouldn't run the shelf on any kit. I do like the pics of the mod Linderman is doing to the stock air box; looks like a set of the MoFlo's I have on either side of my guage, installed on either side of the intake horn. If a guy could lose all the weight of the intake/insulation on the underside of the hood and vent the stock airbox in the nose like that I think it might be the way to go. :beer:

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the D&D Firebreather. I cut the side pieces off my skid plate and installed a set of MoFlo intake vents in the nose of the sled, a set of MoFlo vents on either side of the guages, a Madsigntist guage relocation/vent kit,and a set of 2Cool side panel vents. I've never had a single issue with bogging in over the hood powder. It only makes sense that if you run the shelf on a "BDX style" kit that is dependant on getting ALL it's air from the nose of the sled that when the front vents get packed you are going to get a rich bog. I wouldn't run the shelf on any kit. I do like the pics of the mod Linderman is doing to the stock air box; looks like a set of the MoFlo's I have on either side of my guage, installed on either side of the intake horn. If a guy could lose all the weight of the intake/insulation on the underside of the hood and vent the stock airbox in the nose like that I think it might be the way to go. :beer:

Could yo give me a link to the pics you are talking about? Thanks

Top Bottom