08 Ford Diesel Blues

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For all you Ford drivers Princess Auto has '99 thru '06 Ford Super Duty REPAIR Manuals on sale for 14.99 starting May 20th - June 8th.....:D:D:D

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
For all you Ford drivers Princess Auto has '99 thru '06 Ford Super Duty REPAIR Manuals on sale for 14.99 starting May 20th - June 8th.....:D:D:D

....... Hey Wheeler.... U Know you really want a SUPER DUTY !...... Now just say it ! :ha_ha::alarm::perfect10::thumbsup2::beerchug:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Geez now its the rad leaking. I learned one lesson, don't by a vehicle on the first build, (Built before June 30) after that they retool the factory and fix any problems. Im a guinea pig. But I love the truck except for the glitches. At least all happens before the warantee is up. Its booked in at the dealer for May 30 for the rad replacement as well as my regular oil change. Man the dealers make alot of money on fixing these things. But all new vehicles have problems not just because it says ford.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah; I think the '08's are a new animal for the diesel market with all the new emissions BS. I know that a bunch of guys that idled their GMs this winter lost their trannies due to the fluid not circulating; and the Dodges were sending alot of wellsite programmers home in "limp mode" after idleing all day to run their laptops and heaters. They're all junk, I guess we just pick our junk and hope for the best. What more can we expect for only $70,000.00. :)

GNP

Reaction score
If you're tired of electrical BS you could fix the problem once and for all like I did with my 99 F450... swap a 12 valve Cummins in and call it good :D

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
If you're tired of electrical BS you could fix the problem once and for all like I did with my 99 F450... swap a 12 valve Cummins in and call it good :D

..... Drop the electrical problems ... OK ! :) Then open another can of worms ! :eek::D

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
ron there is a couple of real good deisel techs at city ford call dwayne the service advisor and tell him you want danny to work on your truck. The man is a genius. I use him for the trucks that i run at work.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Tonight my turbo line blew off, the line that exits the intercooler that returns back to the engine. I drove for about 4 km to get to the closest place so I can figure what was wrong, there was a loud bang from the engine. My rad was just replaced and it could be from a careless repair, but im not sure. Sledderglen came out and fixed for me. Im not sure about engine damage yet but I just fired a nasty email to the dealer. Any one know if I will have future issues because of this. The engine was sucking in unfiltered air.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Intercooler came off to change the rad. I have a link to the Super Duty online service manual at home if you need the replacement procedures.

I would be having the dealer check Sledderglens (not doubting sledderglen) work just so there is a work order in OASIS showing the line came off after the rad change.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
It is actually a fairly common thing......on a Freightliner!!! usually a few a month hose blows off or it splits. If you hear a high pitch whistle under load that will usually be a hole in an intercooler.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ron you need to phone the giness book of records.oh better idea...you deal with fires right?......sorry just my inside voice..never mind.you could get a dodge?:d:ramsfan_small:

Top Bottom