08 Ford Diesel Blues

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have an 08 F350 6.4L diesel, 1st build.(Before Jul 31/07). Early this week the truck went into limp mode. I had some people in a Toyota Corrola 4 dr, that were behind me at the intersection change lanes and pass me and gave me the look :eek:. I could get out and push my truck faster at times. Going up hills I would go from 90 km hr to 40 km/hr and would have to put the hazards on. I guess thats what the trucks do to protect themselves from any damage to the engine/transmission. So now I dropped it off at the dealer (koch) on Tuesday morning and am now waiting. They have no Diesel Mechanic till later Thursday, so Im stuck waiting. Paying for my rental car, ya Car, not heard from Ford if they pay for that or not, but thats adding up.
They will look at the truck today and I'll let you know.

Too much electronics and emmision control on these new vehicles. And this is happening to more than the Fords its that DPF filter.

GRD

Reaction score
I find Ford service is good for GAS jobs, no complaints when I had a 1/2 ton.

I had some minor service on my 06 SD that took for ever... Reason was the limited number of Diesel Mechanics...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I Feel For Ya Ron:(. There Is A Lot Of Diesel Mechanics, But They All Work In The Oil Fields, Or "big Truck" Dealerships Etc..... Hard To Employ & Keep A H.d. Mechanic In An Automotive Dealership. Most Of The Diesel Techs In Dealers Are Gas Techs That Had The Diesel Side Pushed Onto Them. Good Luck Nytroknight With Your Sd..... I Would Suspect The Pdf Filter Myself.... Let Us Know As Soon As You Know.:(

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here in Calgary, all of our powerjokes go to Crowfoot Ford. Outstanding service from the first vehicle taken in. Never has a vehicle had to go back for more work or issues. I'm not a Ford man but I'd consider buying one just because of their service. As well not one of our trucks were purchased from them..

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:

GRD

Reaction score
Here in Calgary, all of our powerjokes go to Crowfoot Ford. Outstanding service from the first vehicle taken in. Never has a vehicle had to go back for more work or issues. I'm not a Ford man but I'd consider buying one just because of their service. As well not one of our trucks were purchased from them..

Cheers
Chris

Good to know!

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem in Alberta is very few dealers have good diesel mechanics, and some have no diesel tech's.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Smaller towns like Drayon Valley, Edson and Whitecourt have pretty good diesel mechanics due to the fact that most of their sales are diesel trucks for the patch. I have had good luck here at Eagle River Chrysler. Mind you I drive a Dodge and don't seem to need a mechanic that often :eek: J/K Sorry about your luck Ron and I hope your back on the road soon.

700WFO

Reaction score
I feel sorry for anyone with a newer diesel these days, especially the ones equiped with a regen DPF. It's bad enough seeing the fuel prices where they are, let alone to see the mileage of the new diesels falling so far down. Makes me love my '02 Fargo 4.7l even more. Averaging 27-29 mpg and a respectable 19 mpg when pulling the trailer!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
well, lets hope that they replace that EGR sensor fast and get his truck back.....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We should get a pick of the 2 monster 08 f350's side by each tonight!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We should get a pick of the 2 monster 08 f350's side by each tonight!

THE DRAGON'S BROOM IS BETTER LOOKIN'..... SORRY RON!!! BUT I CANNOT TELL A LIE!;)

Attachments

• DLT1.jpg
    DLT1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 256
  • DLT3.jpg
    DLT3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 257
  • DLT7.jpg
    DLT7.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 256

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ssshushh Summitric your teasin' the poor guy...:D....It's bad enough that them fords spend half their expected life at a service department let alone tell a guy that a chicks ride looks better......:p

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had to pay for a rental car from the dealer. Come to think of it, i have never had to get a rental...I drive a CHEVY!!!! LOL sorry had too.

Top Bottom