07 summit X issues

jimmyjames

Reaction score
My 07 summit X will not start and the track will not turn, pulls over fine, Nothing!! Ive changed the plugs. The engine is brand new 200 miles. I am new to the game, any advice would be great before I haul it off to the shop, not easy I live in Blue River. The machine just bogged out and stalled.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 07 summit X will not start and the track will not turn, pulls over fine, Nothing!! Ive changed the plugs. The engine is brand new 200 miles. I am new to the game, any advice would be great before I haul it off to the shop, not easy I live in Blue River. The machine just bogged out and stalled.

You gotta clear some things up. Does the track turn if you try it by hand? If so then its just the motor. If the track does not turn by hand then you got other problems. Bog out and stalled? What were you doing when this happened? Did you pull the plugs and have a look at them to see if they are sparking when you changed them? can you roll the motor over by hand with no sticking spots and smoothly?

Check your DESS cord (tether cord), make sure it is firmly attached first off, also check your kill switch to make sure it's "up". Then check spark at the plugs. If you got spark then its fuel related. Start there and let us know.

hihi962

Reaction score
check to see if you have spark and is it getting any fuel

make sure your kills switch is off.. haha! jk.

do what hill climb said, if there is spark, then pour a little gas into the spark plug hole if the plug is dry, put the pug back in and see if it sputters a few times or runs for 3 seconds. if so, then it's definitely not gett'n fuel.

p.s. since you are new to this, to check spark, an easy way is to just pull the plug out, put the plug wire back on it but rest the plug bottom against the head or something metal. you should see/hear it firing in the plug gap... during this time you can see if the plug is wet with fuel or not... if really wet, then you flodded it. hold the throttle wide open (with no choke, plugs in) and pull over lots 'n lots.. it'll dry out and catch after 10-15 pulls.

do all this and then let us know how what you found.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so few things.

engine stuff
1. check for compression (or when u pull it over is it really easy with no resistance at all)
2. spark
3. fuel.

track.
will the track when lifted turn by hand? ( if not chain case is piled)

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my 07 summit, i had some issues with the dess . they were quite common to this sled. what i had to do was press in the dess and turn it 90 degrees. this seemed to give good contact between the dess and the sled. Pretty much had to do this every time i started the sled.

a few weeks ago, a buddy was trying to start his 07 summit and it had the exact same issue. I don't think it is worth spending the money to fix this, just got to learn to live with it. Part of the sled's personality.

hihi962

Reaction score
Yah there is spark and fresh feul.

then it should run no question... you must have flooded it somehow.

unless altitude compensation is buggered and is really flooding it.. there is a vent hole on the dpm unit, make sure it's not forzen over or plugged with snow... it looks like a raised bump with a tiny foam filter in there.
maybe jets are frozen or stuck... could be a few things flooding it..

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have spark to both cylinders, then all your switches etc are working. are you getting fuel to plugs, are they wet, if dry, start checking from carbs back to tank. fuel in carb bowls?

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your dess switch. If it barely making contact, it will give you spark but it is inconsistent. The machine might start and run rough or sometimes it won't start.

jimmyjames

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. I put a little feul in the park plug hole and it turned over ran for 3 seconds then quit. The belt has been pulled but still no luck turning the track. Might it of froze up( I'm working outside with 150cm of new snow not fun), its not sticking to the sliders and seems to be free. Could my feul lines be frozen. I will be getting it defrosted today

hihi962

Reaction score
yea.. might be water in the fuel.. froze a fuel line most likely, if a carb was frozen, it should still run on one cyl. track is probily just frozen.. thaw it out for a day or something..and check it again. and make sure your fuel tank vent line is clear/on.
p.s. i don't recommend adding wood alcohol or something to the fuel, i don't really trust that stuff, or what it does to your gaskets/fuel pumps.

Top Bottom