04 800 Loading up

krazy ken

Reaction score
Did the TPI valve air box mod on my 800 ho last year. It's an adjustable valve on the air box to allow you to change the amount of air in under different conditions. Was told to jet up from 380 to 400 mains{stock} and now it loads up. Checked plugs last season they seem to be running clean almost lean but with a RKT head was wondering if the head design does'nt let you check plug condition easily. Possibly have to run exhaust temp sensors to get better idea what engine is doing. What are your guy's thoughts on this? Most likely going to jet back to 380 and close valves and see what happens.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the TPI valve air box mod on my 800 ho last year. It's an adjustable valve on the air box to allow you to change the amount of air in under different conditions. Was told to jet up from 380 to 400 mains{stock} and now it loads up. Checked plugs last season they seem to be running clean almost lean but with a RKT head was wondering if the head design does'nt let you check plug condition easily. Possibly have to run exhaust temp sensors to get better idea what engine is doing. What are your guy's thoughts on this? Most likely going to jet back to 380 and close valves and see what happens.

I'm no expert at all.....but don't those valves throw your dpm for a loop.

krazy ken

Reaction score
Yeah I'll keep them closed and see what she'll do this winter. Some mods just don't work the way they claim.

Top Bottom