03 rev 800

1hellion

Reaction score
I have a 03 rev 800 with new motor had carbs gone thru, not evertime but most when I turn it off after a ride then go to start it 5 to 10 min later it dont want to start,When the sled is cold it firers rite up. Anyone with a idea....:confused:

1hellion

Reaction score
Last time i checked its like 140

1hellion

Reaction score
Its a short block from skidoo, it has done this senci I put it in, its werd i have to hold it wide open to get it going. ( good thing i have eletric start lol )

1hellion

Reaction score
would it still run good if it was on its way out?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like typical Doo Doo fat bottom end. The longer you idle before you shut it down, the more it loads up. Acts flooded on restart, hence the WOT needed to restart. What pilots are in it? Maybe drop a size....or open the air screw a 1/2 turn. Problem is, that DooDoo midrange is usually lean....so if you get the bottom end nice, the midrange gets even leaner.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hAD A 98 670 X FLOODED ALL THE TIME IF YOU LET IT SIT W/O SHUTING OFF THE FUEL VALVE LEARNED TO LIFT THE HOOD AND SHUT VALVE NO MORE PROBLEMS SKIDOO NEVER FIQURED OUT THE PROBLEM W/ MY OLD 670 SOME TIMES YOU JUST LEARN TO LIVE WITH THINGS

1hellion

Reaction score
Sounds like typical Doo Doo fat bottom end. The longer you idle before you shut it down, the more it loads up. Acts flooded on restart, hence the WOT needed to restart. What pilots are in it? Maybe drop a size....or open the air screw a 1/2 turn. Problem is, that DooDoo midrange is usually lean....so if you get the bottom end nice, the midrange gets even leaner.

It has stock jets in it. So if I leave the jets alone and just turn air screw out you think that would be ok?

1hellion

Reaction score
hAD A 98 670 X FLOODED ALL THE TIME IF YOU LET IT SIT W/O SHUTING OFF THE FUEL VALVE LEARNED TO LIFT THE HOOD AND SHUT VALVE NO MORE PROBLEMS SKIDOO NEVER FIQURED OUT THE PROBLEM W/ MY OLD 670 SOME TIMES YOU JUST LEARN TO LIVE WITH THINGS

The 03 rev has no fuel shut off.
If your sled was flooding all the time it would be more of the needle and seat holding up and flooding the motor.. I had a old xcr 600 that did that all the time!
My sled acts like its not getting a nuff fuel....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your carb heater valve open? Boils all the fuel out of the carbs when you let it sit hot, takes forever to restart.

1hellion

Reaction score
Is your carb heater valve open? Boils all the fuel out of the carbs when you let it sit hot, takes forever to restart.

I never thought of that!! I think I have it open all the time!!

Top Bottom