Sleddecks and half tons in bc?

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a toyota tundra with air bags, I was wondering if id be able to throw a sled deck in it and still be legal in BC ?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Do a search...This topic has been beat to death already!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have a toyota tundra with air bags, I was wondering if id be able to throw a sled deck in it and still be legal in BC ?

The air bags just make the truck look level and the DOT may not check you. As for the deck and truck it all depends on weight. 2 sleds (XP's = 900 lbs; yami's = 1200 lbs, poo's = 1100 lbs, cat's = 1100 lbs) and the gear, fuel, etc. in the truck and you have problems.

A half ton cannot have 2 sleds on a deck and gear and be legal where ever it is.
And as Mikey many numbers says....do a search

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

You will recieve a variety of replies including....

"Use the search button, this topic has been beat to death, there are many other threads with valuable information no need to rehash the subject"

"NO WAY... BC is strict and they will never let it happen"

"You should be ashamed of yourself, that is dangerous and you could kill my dogs and children"

"You'll be fine, the airbags allow you to haul 4X the manufacturers recommended payload"

"you can get your truck re-certified for a higher payload with the bags"

"Even with the bags the other componants of your truck arent built for the weight"

"As long as your not hauling yamahas"

"Are the sleds without fuel and other fluids"

"The average sledder weighs 275lbs, so you must take into account the passengers"

"Longhairfreak beats his wife"

"Buy a real truck"

" you need a F550+ to haul two sleds and a deck"

"BC has hills"

"will you be sobre or 1/2 cut while hauling said load"

"There are far too many drunks wheeling down BC's highways while overloaded and throwing puppies out the window"

"if you see joey, kick him in the nads"

Read up on some of the links below..........

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f77/1500-chevy-two-sleds-22616.html

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/sled-decks-3-4-tons-35195.html

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f3/sled-decks-33398.html

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f77/can-2010-f150fx4-5-46-speed-33171.html

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Ok,don't bother doin a search.Bogger already googled it for you.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will recieve a variety of replies including....

"Use the search button, this topic has been beat to death, there are many other threads with valuable information no need to rehash the subject"

"NO WAY... BC is strict and they will never let it happen"

"You should be ashamed of yourself, that is dangerous and you could kill my dogs and children"

"You'll be fine, the airbags allow you to haul 4X the manufacturers recommended payload"

"you can get your truck re-certified for a higher payload with the bags"

"Even with the bags the other componants of your truck arent built for the weight"

"As long as your not hauling yamahas"

"Are the sleds without fuel and other fluids"

"The average sledder weighs 275lbs, so you must take into account the passengers"

"Longhairfreak beats his wife"

"Buy a real truck"

" you need a F550+ to haul two sleds and a deck"

"BC has hills"

"will you be sobre or 1/2 cut while hauling said load"

"There are far too many drunks wheeling down BC's highways while overloaded and throwing puppies out the window"

"if you see joey, kick him in the nads"

Read up on some of the links below..........

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f77/1500-chevy-two-sleds-22616.html

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/sled-decks-3-4-tons-35195.html

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f3/sled-decks-33398.html

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f77/can-2010-f150fx4-5-46-speed-33171.html

Dont forget Overkill131313 when he said he can load 2 turbo Yamahas and fuel and gear and stop way quicker than if he was empty.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Dont forget Overkill131313 when he said he can load 2 turbo Yamahas and fuel and gear and stop way quicker than if he was empty.

Sorry my bad......:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

He also said you have a small penis... not sure if it's relevant but wouldn't want to leave anything out....

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bogger that was great .. thanks

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05 summit 144,08 summit 154 and a marathon sled deck in a half ton at the weight scales did not pass.that is without gear or fuel.half tons do not pass for b.c.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Havent we discussed this one to death already...who keeps asking these questions??? Why do people buy half tons? Why do people buy Dakotas, Nissans, and Toyotas??? For transportation I assume, so why does everyone think they can haul a deck and 2 sleds. You want a 'work' truck, or a hauling truck. buy one...

I swear, the next guy that asks this should receive a t-shirt...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Havent we discussed this one to death already...who keeps asking these questions??? Why do people buy half tons? Why do people buy Dakotas, Nissans, and Toyotas??? For transportation I assume, so why does everyone think they can haul a deck and 2 sleds. You want a 'work' truck, or a hauling truck. buy one...

I swear, the next guy that asks this should receive a t-shirt...

After reading Bogger's last post you should buy him a t-shirt.....

This is getting funny better bring out the popcorn...gonna be a long night!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05 summit 144,08 summit 154 and a marathon sled deck in a half ton at the weight scales did not pass.that is without gear or fuel.half tons do not pass for b.c.

Its not that they do not pass for BC, they don't legally pass anywhere that monitors or enforces the max payload/GVW of the vehicle. (pretty much all of N.America)

BC or not, if you exceed your GVW with your payload, you are breaking the law. The vehicle was designed to carry up to a certain load. Exceed that and you could run into safety related issues with the truck.

1/2 tonnes are no longer true half's, 3/4 tonnes are no longer true 3/4 and so on. Research the vehicle you plan on purchasing for your intended use.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much beer is stored under the deck and if lite beer you should be good to go right? how about if you lower tire pressure to say 25lbs, you could then add 4 more cases of beer at least. :beer:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

dont recall saying that.......2 yammys...... I would be over weight, and probably blow my rear tires before I left the yard! yes two normal sleds it does stop faster on these gravel roads....oh and it does go up hill better with the weight...... but freak your always right in your own mind! you just never get your info right! I get my info right from the horses mouth! go beat a small puppy!

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
dont recall saying that.......2 yammys I would be over weight, and probably blow my rear tires before I left the yard! but freak your always right in your own mind! you just never get your info right! I get my info right from the horses mouth! go beat a small puppy!

What do you have against puppies?????

puppy tossing.jpg

Top Bottom