Boss Noss for the PRO RMK

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought it, now I just need to put it in. I will be posting pictures for everybody to see. Nice kit with an easy install by the looks of it.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well its done, easy------not really hard but not easy to work on the PRO would be a better answer. The install is straight forward, had to buy a can to make room for the jug but other then that everything you need comes with the kit. Enjoy the pictures. Video on the hill to come later.

Attachments

• Nitrous install 001 [iPod Photo].JPG
    Nitrous install 001 [iPod Photo].JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,068
  • Nitrous install 003 [iPod Photo].JPG
    Nitrous install 003 [iPod Photo].JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Nitrous install 007 [iPod Photo].JPG
    Nitrous install 007 [iPod Photo].JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,053
  • Nitrous install 009 [iPod Photo].JPG
    Nitrous install 009 [iPod Photo].JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,048
  • Nitrous install 012 [iPod Photo].JPG
    Nitrous install 012 [iPod Photo].JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,058
  • Nitrous install 014 [iPod Photo].JPG
    Nitrous install 014 [iPod Photo].JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,060
  • Nitrous install 016 [iPod Photo].JPG
    Nitrous install 016 [iPod Photo].JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Nitrous install 017 [iPod Photo].JPG
    Nitrous install 017 [iPod Photo].JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,058

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey thinking of going the same route with my pro. trying to decide between boondockers or boss. hows yours working? what mods did you have before you did the noss? stock just with the can? do you change the clutching at all or how does it handle the extra ponies? and how many extra ponies are you getting? is it push button noss or like the boondocker where it kicks in after a set rpm.

My friends m7 with noss bogs down if you let off the button for a few seconds i was wondering if you have the same issue.

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks!!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have yet to push the button do to the fact that I was hitting rev limiter with the new can, just got my dalton weights today. I was bone stock before this mod, the can was needed to make room for the noss. The Boss Noss should not be confused with the boondocker, it is a stand along system that they claim is 100% safe. It does not run a fuel programer so it is a push button operation. here's the web site
Your buddys sled is it the Boss Noss system with the extra gas can?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey thinking of going the same route with my pro. trying to decide between boondockers or boss. hows yours working? what mods did you have before you did the noss? stock just with the can? do you change the clutching at all or how does it handle the extra ponies? and how many extra ponies are you getting? is it push button noss or like the boondocker where it kicks in after a set rpm.

My friends m7 with noss bogs down if you let off the button for a few seconds i was wondering if you have the same issue.

Thanks!!

I can't see this being a problem as the Boss Noss meters gas with the noss so the mix is the same all the time, no fuel pumps. The sled is stock when not on the button.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the Boss Noss system seems to work. I have used about a half bottle with no issues, running 69.5 grams of weight. On Noss it will Rev to 8450 at 6000ft and 7800 off. I have no videos to show because of weather conditions the snow has set up in Mcbride and quite frankly you don't need the bottle but when you do it gets you where going in a hurry. :)

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks!!

No issue with this that I have seen.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have put through 9lbs of NOS and have had no problems at all. I would reccomend this kit to anyone looking for a little extra. No worry you don't need a seat belt.

tyanlambert

Reaction score
Well the Boss Noss system seems to work. I have used about a half bottle with no issues, running 69.5 grams of weight. On Noss it will Rev to 8450 at 6000ft and 7800 off. I have no videos to show because of weather conditions the snow has set up in Mcbride and quite frankly you don't need the bottle but when you do it gets you where going in a hurry. :)
Is that safe letting it rev to 8450?? I was told the peak should be around 8200. I had mine revving at around 8300 before, and it pulled awesome. But was later told that wasent good Thanks!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that safe letting it rev to 8450?? I was told the peak should be around 8200. I had mine revving at around 8300 before, and it pulled awesome. But was later told that wasent good Thanks!

The rev Limiter is set around 8500, so I believe it doesn't matter. We used to rev the older motors way over the recommended RPMs with no issues, same motors just fuel injected so your going to have to build your own fuel map via a controller. I have since brought the rev down to the 8200 mark as the power band drops off sharply past that, peak Rpms can vary quite a bit depending on your setup. The more you tune your engine into a race engine the more power is made and possibly more rpms will be obtainable to reach more hp. Such as porting your engine on these polaris motors may allow you to have higher peak RPMS.

If your running a stock motor my recommendation to you, is to run it around 8100. These sleds love to lug down and pull. This is a set up I used in the mountains, remember that track speed doesn't always mean that you will be the king of the hill. I believe that the M1000 would only have about 48mile/hr speed in comparison to the Pro at 42mile/hr track speed while climbing and thats with about a 15 hp spread.

Last edited:

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pro with the boondcoker turbo kit is designed to rev at 8350-8400 ideally apperantly so im sure it can handle 8200 as stock and on mine 8200 definitely seems to be the best. been as high as you can get at allan and was only pulling 8000 and it was a noticable difference. i get 44-46mph track speed usually. but i only weigh 170 and pack pretty light.

destroyer66

Reaction score
I have a 2012 800 pro RMK, just bought the Boss Noss, does look simple, my kit is only the 30hp kit, I thought it was supposed to come with the 45-60hp nozzles as well? Did you order yours specific for 45-60hp? Another thing, did boss mention about how the Nos bottle is supposed to be mounted (valve up, down, on its side), i've seen pics of all three so far. I thought there might be a tube from the valve to bottom of the bottle, or no tube and have to mount the bottle valve down? Thanks for your input.

Bigredd

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I just bought a Pro and am planning on installing nitrous, where did you get the kit?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I just bought a Pro and am planning on installing nitrous, where did you get the kit?

The Kit was bought from Specialty in Edmonton. I might be interested in selling mine if you can give me some time to think about it.

Top Bottom