What y'all think about "The Track Bar"

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found at Princess Auto this morning... For 35 bucks you think its worth a try????

Attachments

• IMG-20121019-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20121019-WA0001.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG-20121019-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20121019-WA0002.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG-20121019-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20121019-WA0000.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 574

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The concept looks good but knowing me, I would probably forget and leave it on the track after undoing the straps and end up raming it into the drivers while driving away.:doh:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it would work good for securing the sled. Not sure about putting pressure on the track as earlier mentioned by Rowdy.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The concept looks good but knowing me, I would probably forget and leave it on the track after undoing the straps and end up raming it into the drivers while driving away.:doh:

I was thinking the same thing. Hell, I've forgotten the front superclamp more than once!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks ok I guess, but with the two ratchet straps and the track bar, your well on your way to paying for a rear superclamp. just way faster and no messing around with wet/frozen straps

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it would work good for securing the sled. Not sure about putting pressure on the track as earlier mentioned by Rowdy.

Its not like the track bar will put the same amount of pressure as the torque of the motor would no??? With the way its situated I don't think too much pressure would be needed to hold the sled down...??? Its not like your putting 1200 pound ratchet straps on each corner... The rig is only good for 500 pounds total... I dunno, just a though as maybe a backup plan if a guy was concerned about cutting straps on the rails of the skid... Normally that's how we strap don is over the rails but you have to worry about the rails sharp edges cutting the straps all the time...

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not like the track bar will put the same amount of pressure as the torque of the motor would no??? With the way its situated I don't think too much pressure would be needed to hold the sled down...??? Its not like your putting 1200 pound ratchet straps on each corner... The rig is only good for 500 pounds total... I dunno, just a though as maybe a backup plan if a guy was concerned about cutting straps on the rails of the skid... Normally that's how we strap don is over the rails but you have to worry about the rails sharp edges cutting the straps all the time...

Good point. I've just been told to not strap over my track. Got in poop my first year sledding for doing that. So I stopped. Figured it was worth a mention.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point. I've just been told to not strap over my track. Got in poop my first year sledding for doing that. So I stopped. Figured it was worth a mention.

Had damage to the track or got in trouble from DOT??? I could see DOT giving you grief strapping OVER the track as it could slip off, but with this contraption you are using s spreader bar (for a lack of a better term) and strapping under the track... locking the bar and straps from possibly slipping.... I dunno, seemed intriguing..

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks ok I guess, but with the two ratchet straps and the track bar, your well on your way to paying for a rear superclamp. just way faster and no messing around with wet/frozen straps

Are your straps gold plated LOL!!!!! 35 bucks and then you got 100= bucks to burn on 2 straps lol!!!!! Not poking fun but at 200 bucks up front and 149 per side on rear that is a steal of a deal!!!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had damage to the track or got in trouble from DOT??? I could see DOT giving you grief strapping OVER the track as it could slip off, but with this contraption you are using s spreader bar (for a lack of a better term) and strapping under the track... locking the bar and straps from possibly slipping.... I dunno, seemed intriguing..

Yeah it looks neat for sure. But no, guys I sled with said NEVER strap over the track. Listened to them, and haven't strapped over it since,

Hey for $35 eff it and give it a try!

Last edited:

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't you want to not put pressure on your track?! :confused:

How would strap the back of your sled down with out putting pressure on the track? I know it's not good for extended periods of time like over the summer but for transport i don't see a way around it?

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are your straps gold plated LOL!!!!! 35 bucks and then you got 100= bucks to burn on 2 straps lol!!!!! Not poking fun but at 200 bucks up front and 149 per side on rear that is a steal of a deal!!!

just talking about the back end. I only use one rear superclamp. not gold plated but they do go missing often enough that you'd think they were.

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year i was pulled over in bc at a check stop i had my sleds strapped down on the skid. The officer informed me i was not in compliance that my machines have to be strapped down so my suspension is loaded so it could not bounce. He let me off with a warning but made me strap down off the back bumper. I haven't looked into the law on this but if this is the case there is a risk of getting a ticket using this product.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy, were you straping over the track with one strap so the edges were getting curled under? If so then I would say dont do that! But this idea looks fine. Now to waht pipeliner said, if thats true then the rear superclamp isnt legal as it doesnt load the suspension, so whats right once again?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would prefer that to compressing the rear suspension by hooking to the bumper.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year i was pulled over in bc at a check stop i had my sleds strapped down on the skid. The officer informed me i was not in compliance that my machines have to be strapped down so my suspension is loaded so it could not bounce. He let me off with a warning but made me strap down off the back bumper. I haven't looked into the law on this but if this is the case there is a risk of getting a ticket using this product.

If this is the case, wouldn't all superclamps be illegal?

Top Bottom