Spark plug colors and piston wash 101

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a little 411 for all. I found this info on another awesome site.

Attachments

• sparkplugchart.gif
    sparkplugchart.gif
    78.3 KB · Views: 564
  • pistonwash.gif
    pistonwash.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 462

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just a little side note: As in the pictures the proper firing plug color along with a fine white ring around the edge of the center electrode is the ideal firing plug..... You can use magnifying glasses to really get technical about this.

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
The best way to get the sled runing great is my tried and true method. Keep leaning it out till you get a coating of Aluminum on spark plug replace melted part or parts then jet up one stage two stages if you are a chicken works every time but can get a little pricey.:nono::beer: While its apart you might as well do more mods and repeat the tuning untill you get it right or your broke. I know some of you use this method or is it just me.:confused:

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best way to get the sled runing great is my tried and true method. Keep leaning it out till you get a coating of Aluminum on spark plug replace melted part or parts then jet up one stage two stages if you are a chicken works every time but can get a little pricey.:nono::beer: While its apart you might as well do more mods and repeat the tuning untill you get it right or your broke. I know some of you use this method or is it just me.:confused:

Not everyone has the aluminum coated hardware mounted to a plaque on their shop wall - more chickens than those willing to boldly go where no man wants to - gotta know where 'the edge' is though right???? :)

94fordguy

Good info, looks like my plugs and wash are pretty much spot on then:D

Dr. Meatman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that pic looks awfully familiar....should be a sticky :D theres a great read about finding the correct egts for your sled also on SJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom