aluminum shovels @ costco

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good deal on shovels at costco. two for 19.99 for anyone interested. alot like black diamond, extendable, removable T handle. no saw or probe, but still a really good deal.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take your new shovel out to the nearest hockey ring and dig around in the snow piles for 10 minutes. Dig like nyour trying to save your buddies life. After report back on how shovel stood up to the pounding. Just wondering I seen them there today and I say you get what you pay for $20.00 for 2 shovels

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. Would be good to dig a sled out when stuck, But I would only use my bca to dig out a life.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
avalanche safety solutions sells an identical shovel.
oh well, if anything like underdog said, good for the sled.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would it not be better the have two cheap shovels then nothing at all?
gotta agree with that as well it is far better than the plastic ones you see a lot of.
but that being said i think the main point of the statement was that if your planning on saving a life with this shovel/ or planning you might have to, make damn sure you are getting a shovel that i capable of the task.

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its always good to have a second shovel tied to your sled for digging it out. If you are stuck way up , that is not the place to be taking your abs off to get your shovel out.Keep your good shovel on you for when you need to dig a life out.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
avalanche safety solutions sells an identical shovel.
oh well, if anything like underdog said, good for the sled.

I bought one of those (ASS) at the Saskatchewan sled show last year for $20. Only used it for digging out machines and never had/took the opportunity to see how tough it was. I will test it this year with the snowplow berm in the front of the house.

But generally, I believe you get what you pay for!

Top Bottom