first ride 09 xpx

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hello doo fans put on about 7 hours on my new doo at frisbie on the week end
only one complaint rear shock bottomed down half way up trail and stayed down most of the day only extra wieght other than me was a snow bungie and fuel can
i tip the scales just over the 200 mark (not kilos LOL) anybody else with this issue had the upraded shock on my 08 never had this problem before
looks like maybee a slight shock problem on the 09's ??????:mad:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only one complaint rear shock bottomed down half way up trail and stayed down most of the day only extra wieght other than me was a snow bungie and fuel can
i tip the scales just over the 200 mark (not kilos LOL) anybody else with this issue had the upraded shock on my 08 never had this problem before
Well thought the sag on mine was shock related, because of the 08 complaints and it may be part of my sag problem, but there is definately a problem with the rear torsion springs loosing there tension because I remove the rear shock, and the sag was still there, BRP tech there should be 2 inches of sag but I have way more than that. I'll be getting it looked at during the 10hr service.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no feed back thought it just might be me

thanks for responding

Blair

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What was the clutching like? did it hold rpm on long pulls?

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cranked my springs to 5 for heading up the trail, and after i was in the snow so the shock was cooling i let it down to 3 for the day.I did not bottom out all weekend! I am approx 215 lbs.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cranked my springs to 5 for heading up the trail, and after i was in the snow so the shock was cooling i let it down to 3 for the day.I did not bottom out all weekend! I am approx 215 lbs.

snow flap dragging like shock was froze down just working on the springs seemed fine all day friday this was on sat

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well guys i tried my expesive doo Mxz x shock some 600 hundred dollars worth and same issue the springs in my 09 are chit doo has stiffer springs available but no warrenty program as of yet guess they figure we are all 15 yrs old and wiegh 130 lbs LOL :realmad: dont like rant to much because i like my sled and my dealer service has been AWESOME ( BYRON AT BOW RIDGE COCHRANE) :) doo needs to just pay attention to use and listen if i cant get satifaction i guess i will try standans springs

i will keep you informed

Blair

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tach reads 100 rpm or so high. Ideally you should be running around 8250 on the tach that will be putting engine RPM's at around 8150 which is where you want to be with the 800r. Good Luck :beer:

I don't know about about the 08 tach's but I checked my 09 with a stroboscope and the tach is very accurate within 20 rpm, i use the stroboscope to tune turbine tachs at work. It would of been easier if I had another set of hands I would of liked to see just how accurate it was.
And the rear torsion springs are junk on these sleds, mine sags and I thought it was the rear shock, so I removed it and still had the sag.

snojoe

Reaction score
:)Hey new on this site, have 09 xp 163 same problem I havent even got out yet and my rear suspension feels like mush.I pulled the shock thinking it was that and swaped with my 08 shock and made no difference on the 09.with both sleds without shock the 08 has way more tension then the 09 springs both set on 5 and the 08 will come back up and the 09 will not. I think there might be a problem, have to see what BRP will do.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to here from you newbie ya pretty sure springs are going to be an issue this year if they encounter enough of us demanding warrenty i think they will listen make sure you fill out your gear up and go promotin certificate in time for your rebate check

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the clutching like? did it hold rpm on long pulls?

right about 10 or 11 hours on machine and it woke up 82-8300 on tack on pulls clickers still on 2 expensive shock did not cure sag though just a little dissapointed

Canadian JR

Reaction score
My 09 is doingthe same thing. It looks like a low rider by the time I get to the cabin. Later in the day after riding in the power it seems to come back up like normal should be.
Do any of you guys have the X-models with the piping on the side of the seat that rubs the side of your leg raw?

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 09 is doingthe same thing. It looks like a low rider by the time I get to the cabin. Later in the day after riding in the power it seems to come back up like normal should be.
Do any of you guys have the X-models with the piping on the side of the seat that rubs the side of your leg raw?

ya that too

snojoe

Reaction score
Thanks bhowes, ya I sent my promo stuff in already. I also took my shock in and it only had 60 psi instead of 300, it helped some but still not great on the shop floor but after riding on the weekend it seemed to get stiffer as the day went on and is good now. happy news

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to byron today out at cochrane he has stiffer springs in stock but rh side only no lh side we are not the only ones with problems even though doo does not acknowledge the problem he does good luck i know that if i have to i will buy the springs but will unleash the ultimate bitch session to doo remember guys its not your dealerships's fault this solely rests w/ skidoo

snojoe

Reaction score
I think they should realize that there is a problem since every doo dealership in Edmonton and area have none of the stiffer springs and they are all back ordered

Top Bottom