Quartz Creek 2011/12

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a feeling u just did it on ur own ...

not just to be cool in front of us...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i usually leave all the good stuff for an audience. no sense in not getting all the glory. hehe

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been out in the past few days? Looks like Kicking Horse got a few inches in the past few days and the 7 day snow shows 10.5 inches.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been out in the past few days? Looks like Kicking Horse got a few inches in the past few days and the 7 day snow shows 10.5 inches.

my buddies rode yesterday at quartz said some fresh came threw but its also windblown a fair bit,, its ready just needs a bit more,, so I wouldnt rush out to any mainstream area's just yet.....

xmas eve its coming.... maybe boxing day its go time

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddies rode yesterday at quartz said some fresh came threw but its also windblown a fair bit,, its ready just needs a bit more,, so I wouldnt rush out to any mainstream area's just yet.....

xmas eve its coming.... maybe boxing day its go time

Yeah looking like some precip for the next week (below shows 23 to 28 snow). I'm heading out tomorrow for a ride, not expecting great conditions but I need to get out before I head away for a week...

Conditions
6am - 6pm
Variable cloudinessLight snowWet flurriesFew flurriesScattered flurriesLight snow
P.O.P.20%60%40%40%60%60%
High-5°C0°C3°C-1°C0°C1°C
Low-10°C-6°C-1°C-4°C-4°C-8°C
Wind SW 10 km/h SW 5 km/h SW 5 km/h W 5 km/h SW 5 km/h SE 10 km/h
24-Hr Snow close to 1 cm close to 5 cm close to 1 cm 1-3 cm 5-10 cm 5-10 cm

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode today, as said only had a few inches in the past few days and it's windblown. I found the "good spot" where all the snow was blown and it was 1-2ft powder. ;) Quartz was mostly pounded out, but head to 51 and there was decent snow still back there.

It was light snow all day and it was looking like the snow was moving in as is forecasted.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear we got a re-set!! Thank you santa!

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has been out to quartz in the last few days? Headed out there Friday and the weather is calling for snow!

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back last nite, rode 2 days both with fresh snow..was socked in and quite windy, rode the trees it was awesome..at least a couple feet of fresh! Highway was closed from golden to revvy all day yesterday, what a gong show in golden..when it clears up theres gonna be some good riding up high

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up in here today. Bluebird day and a little cooler. Trail in was nice. So for snow.... The last 5 days it has been cloudy/snowing so the lower stuff is pounded out abd you could see it. Anything above the cloud line was great snow, deep POW. Never ventured into the trees but it looked nice. Lots of fresh still left in the upper bowls and beyond. But it is being taken up quick with the sun out.

Squiggy

Reaction score
Was considering driving out for the day tomorrow, saw a bit of snow in town on the drive bc webcams but just looking for some honest feedback on the snow conditions out in the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't really want to do a bunch of driving for nothing.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Considering golden has a snowfall warning in effect, I'd say you can at least double what there supposed to get.I know I'd be heading out there If I wasnt headed to cancun tomorrow morning! Enjoy the cold snap!!!

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was considering driving out for the day tomorrow, saw a bit of snow in town on the drive bc webcams but just looking for some honest feedback on the snow conditions out in the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't really want to do a bunch of driving for nothing.

if you watch the Kicking Horse conditions and advanced weatehr data you can get a feel for what the surrounding areas are getting. They detail the snow fall amounts.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out there on Saturday, and there was some fresh snow to be had, the place is very tracked out. Makes it pretty hard underneath. It was dumping in Golden today when I left, and more snow in the forecast. All light and fluffy. I'd be heading back if I could.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz Jan 14th snowmobiling - YouTube
Quartz on Saturday the 14th. My buddy (did the filming) and I. This was my first real day up in the mountains. The beginning is a great way to use your friends as anchors to get out of an unbelievable steep tight chute in the trees. Not sure why he wanted to head into those trees, but it was sketchy on a sled. Would have been great on my skis though. It's a roughly put together video over lunch hour.
Enjoy!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz Jan 14th snowmobiling - YouTube
Quartz on Saturday the 14th. My buddy (did the filming) and I. This was my first real day up in the mountains. The beginning is a great way to use your friends as anchors to get out of an unbelievable steep tight chute in the trees. Not sure why he wanted to head into those trees, but it was sketchy on a sled. Would have been great on my skis though. It's a roughly put together video over lunch hour.
Enjoy!

Just FYI if the first section of the vid where you are stuck in the trees is off to the right of the trail above the cabin then you can just follow the ski tracks down to the creek and get back on the trail to the cabin. The lower section of the trees is tighter so you might have to walk the line first, but nothing on that side is too crazy steep that you can't make it out if you need to. The skiers drop off the ridge on that side and ride the trees back down to the cabin for a pick up. In case you didn't get to see it due to the clouds, here is the upper part of quartz (....after we tore it up!). :d

Attachments

• April 2009 004.jpg
    April 2009 004.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 388
  • April 2009 003.jpg
    April 2009 003.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 393
Reactions: oly
Top Bottom