goose tower ride

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good times had by all for sure. Really good group of guys out on Saturday. Everyone pitched in when help was needed whether stuck (trucks included) or tuning. A few key notes:

If your name is Trevor you are 3 times more likely to have an "incident".
A Smurff on a 1000 Doo can be quite entertaining. Smurffs like to drive fast and furious.
Corey has a hard time staying on his sled.
There is no snow at Goose Tower so don't bother going ;)

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like im not goin on thursday. buddy has to work now. sooo, sunday it is..and it will be cold. forecast is -22. at least we got some snow here. i may just head out by devon on thursday and do some tuning!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YOUR VID SKILLS ARE GETTIN BETTER THIS YEAR TKO:Happy6:

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any snow updates for goose tower?
How do you get to the stageing area for this place? I will be pulling with a 2-wheel drive equinox. I have been to Swan Hills and you can stage from town there.
Im thinking about heading out for a rip saturday.....

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
You can stage at various areas around swanhills or whitecourt there is maps available from alberta snowmobile clubs. goose tower is 4x4 only road in approx 25km of ice and snow roads.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have they started grooming trails in the triangle yet?

What is the riding like near whitecourt compared to rididng around swan hills? Identical stuff or more elevation and more snow in swan?

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is more snow around goose tower hands down,we are heading out there for a ride this weekend i will give a update when i return.

tony kaos

Reaction score
gonna have to get amap and find goose river cus were headed to whitecourt this weekend and if theres not enough snow there were gonna have to keep gioin i guess lol

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have they started grooming trails in the triangle yet?

What is the riding like near whitecourt compared to rididng around swan hills? Identical stuff or more elevation and more snow in swan?

Right now Fox Creek has a good amount of snow so from Whitecorurt to Fox Creek would be a good trip, the Fox Guys have been making 100km a night or so...
I talk to the Flatoutandfisttailing (one of Fox Guys) and he talk the the groomer guy
and they are starting this week from Fox and Whitecourt,
so be carefull the trails around there are fast:d:d:d:eek:

The New Doo is from fox and break in has been hard on the rider:rolleyes:

Smurff

Attachments

• New Doo.jpg
    New Doo.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 256

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone going up sunday??
looking at directions on how to get there
directions on where we can stage would be awesome!:beer:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
anyone going up sunday??
looking at directions on how to get there
directions on where we can stage would be awesome!:beer:

Mike are you going up with darren?If you guys got room let me know and I may tag along.I heard of this area before and would really like to check it out.Any other groups heading that way let me know if you dont mind me tagging along.Likely be able to go on sunday with a little notice.
catmando!

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No grooming from Whitecourt yet. We have snow but watch the creek crossings and you can not ride from town yet as the Athabasca is not frozen yet. I have not heard of anyone on the trails yet but have seen tracks in the ditches. There is more snow towards Swan Hills.

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike are you going up with darren?If you guys got room let me know and I may tag along.I heard of this area before and would really like to check it out.Any other groups heading that way let me know if you dont mind me tagging along.Likely be able to go on sunday with a little notice.
catmando!

We are going up sunday and i think we are taking the 3 place give darren a call.

Reaction score
Went on Friday (Dec 12), lots of snow (15 to 24 deep) but no base. Roads were graded and in good condition. Snowed all day, good time.

later:cool:

Top Bottom