Yamafest?

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly!
So if one guy at the Xgames aces a backflip on his sled and makes it look easy then I guess no other guy at Xgames should attempt a backflip because it's not extreme enough.

Like I read in another thread...trying to get the point across to some people is like trying to nail Jello to a tree.

I think if we saw a backflip as the biggest move in the x-games year after year, its would get a little boring. So what do they do...... a front flip.

With chute climbing, it looks like we are seeing a backflip over and over again, while the sled is making it easier and easier over the years and more and more guys are joining in do the same thing.

Still cool to do a backflip, but seriously..... whats next.

Last edited:

boostbaby

Reaction score
But as a spectator i would like to see a standard for what classifys as a real achievement. All i see is everybody climbing the same chutes one after another, with most barely even trying.

I would love to see different mod classes and power classes to help show who has the real talent.

My first comment " i just dont get chute climbing" is because i dont understand what makes a great chute climber as there is no rules, or standards to judge by besides the fact he made it. Its seems to an outsider that if you lack the talent you can make it up with money (bigger track, more hp, ect) and still be classified as a chute climber.
I guess im competetive and i look at everything as how it could be competetive. At this point i just dont see a competeition, as almost everybody wins.

I know I shouldnt be feeding the "troll" but you are making the red head come out in me..... WE CHUTE climbers ARE NOT DOING THIS FOR YOU!!!!! We are doing this for personal achievement not acheivement classified by people like YOU! Who are you to judge what is an achievement to someone or not? There will never be different mod classes etc, this is not a hill climb event we are all just trying our best to get over the top and make OUR personal goals, not put on a show. In order to be competitive you need to be involved, which your not so you have no rights as to telling us what we are doing is the wrong, boring way to do it.. way to wreck a good thread on peoples accomplishments...

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I shouldnt be feeding the "troll" but you are making the red head come out in me..... WE CHUTE climbers ARE NOT DOING THIS FOR YOU!!!!! We are doing this for personal achievement not acheivement classified by people like YOU! Who are you to judge what is an achievement to someone or not? There will never be different mod classes etc, this is not a hill climb event we are all just trying our best to get over the top and make OUR personal goals, not put on a show. In order to be competitive you need to be involved, which your not so you have no rights as to telling us what we are doing is the wrong, boring way to do it.. way to wreck a good thread on peoples accomplishments...

Im just suggesting an avenue for competition for others when it comes to chute climbs. Making a competetion out of any sport has done nothing but great things for the sport both in image and in progression.

With your attitude you will continue to have people misunderstand what you do and why you do it. Ask around (and not your chute climbing buddies), and you will find chute climbers are known as reckless idiots.

Now make a sport out of it and suddenly your an athlete......... which carrys over to unprofessional events like yamafest as well. And for your one brain cell that works...... thats a good thing for everybody involved.

btw I think there is a page on here somewhere for hurt feelings.

oh and finally, having this "i dont give a fu*k, ME ME ME" attitude is exactly part of the reason why sledding has the poor image it does.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just suggesting an avenue for competition for others when it comes to chute climbs. Making a competetion out of any sport has done nothing but great things for the sport both in image and in progression.

With your attitude you will continue to have people misunderstand what you do and why you do it. Ask around (and not your chute climbing buddies), and you will find chute climbers are known as reckless idiots.

Now make a sport out of it and suddenly your an athlete......... which carrys over to unprofessional events like yamafest as well. And for your one brain cell that works...... thats a good thing for everybody involved.

Thats a great idea!!! We'll get all the big boys and girls to have a competition climbing chutes. We will have different classes for engine displacement, track lengths, boosted/non boosted. We'll advertise it and have prizes. We will tell the Revy club we are doing this whether they like it or not ....................................WAIT A MINUTE!!!! Didn't Ozone guy try this. Sure worked out great for him. Are you really living up in the clouds or am I just imagining it?? :rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

oh and finally, having this "i dont give a fu*k, ME ME ME" attitude is exactly part of the reason why sledding has the poor image it does.

I personally love watching the vids members post of shredding pow, hittin' jumps and killin' tight lines in the trees. Its all for fun with with no competition. I also love watching vids of the boys and girls pullin the chutes. Why does it need to be a competition other than with themselves and friends? If it doesnt turn your crank dont watch i guess.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a great idea!!! We'll get all the big boys and girls to have a competition climbing chutes. We will have different classes for engine displacement, track lengths, boosted/non boosted. We'll advertise it and have prizes. We will tell the Revy club we are doing this whether they like it or not ....................................WAIT A MINUTE!!!! Didn't Ozone guy try this. Sure worked out great for him. Are you really living up in the clouds or am I just imagining it?? :rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things..... the whole ME, ME ,ME Attitude rose its ugly head and put itself before the sport. A professional competetion would have cancelled and at the same time in doing so sent a message to all that safety comes first.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if I climb monster chute on my 79 moto ski super sonic, mountain mod edition.... Is that extreme???? If so you will see me there next year giving NM run for his money :)

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a right way and a wrong way to do things..... the whole ME, ME ,ME Attitude rose its ugly head and put itself before the sport. A professional competetion would have cancelled and at the same time in doing so sent a message to all that safety comes first.

so will you pay the insurance for this sanctioned event?

p.s. I snowmobile in the backcountry to get away from all this chit,, last thing I want is some sanctioned event in the mountains every weekend ya see..... but I do enjoy seeing random groups do their thing!!

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clearly im misunderstood in this thread.

I just wanted to have a way to appreciate chute climbing in the same way those that do it. I figured if i cant compare climbers to myself, i could compare their climbs to each other.

Problem is the factors involved are far to different with different hp and track combinations, and im unable to appreciate a good chute climber for what he is.

You show your vids to showcase your accomplishments, i just want to know whether i should high five you or hoist you on my shoulders.

im done

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Listen up jack ass, I would love nothing more then to see you in person right now so I can smash your face in for the DISRESPECT you have shown to our sport and some very good peeps on here. You should seriously SHUT UP! Go be a jack ass on a ski doo thread or something. You just ruined my day and this thread. These are great people who love what they do. You are clueless PERIOD. Now please let this be so the people who want to enjoy this thread may enjoy it without some ass like you ruining everyones day.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I THINK I understand what your saying etecheaven (minus a few things). Now I don't want to take anything away from guys who climb chutes, but IMO (remember MY opinion) it is a lot more balls, and courage over talent.

I've climbed a few big hills (not chutes) and I don't find it hard at all, I find it nerve wreaking. Sure I turn out sooner than I could have made it, but that's when the balls come into effect and also the added courage from 300hp.

Chutes are a bit different, as they take even more balls to do over a steep,open hill because there is no turning out.

I do know that climbers get the exact same thrill that I get playing/sidehilling through dense trees. This sport would be very boring if there wasn't so much variety involved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clearly im misunderstood in this thread.

I just wanted to have a way to appreciate chute climbing in the same way those that do it. I figured if i cant compare climbers to myself, i could compare their climbs to each other.

Problem is the factors involved are far to different with different hp and track combinations, and im unable to appreciate a good chute climber for what he is.

You show your vids to showcase your accomplishments, i just want to know whether i should high five you or hoist you on my shoulders.

im done

fair enough,,, go do your homework then,, do some reading most these guys talk about their builds and they also usually give quick recaps of all their goodies its not that hard to figure out..... the point is its not a competition,, well kinda lol but in a different way,,

and if you want to appreciate these chutes you must stand at the top and bottom of these things to understand,,, most peeps wouldnt even walk down into them hahaha

p.s. Im no chute climber lol,, not saying I dont want to give them a go but it takes skill, practice and knowladge....

I will be in revy for easter maybe I will try something little with the stocker haha NM will ya take me out?? I love the rush ya get, just most my crew likes the tree's more.. me I like it all

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Listen up jack ass, I would love nothing more then to see you in person right now so I can smash your face in for the DISRESPECT you have shown to our sport and some very good peeps on here. You should seriously SHUT UP! Go be a jack ass on a ski doo thread or something. You just ruined my day and this thread. These are great people who love what they do. You are clueless PERIOD. Now please let this be so the people who want to enjoy this thread may enjoy it without some ass like you ruining everyones day.

hahahaha agressive but very true ah men!!! and fak I have a doo damn it hahaha

these quote "chute climbers" are the core of this sport in western Canada and the USA and we have some Burandt stroker telling them how to roll... faking entertaining I say

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: jbb

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahaha agressive but very true ah men!!!

These quote "chute climbers" are the core of this sport in western canada and the usa and we have some burandt stroker telling them how to roll... Faking entertaining i say

lmao..........

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
obviously etecheaven has never climbed a chute. And to compare a sidehill artist like burandt to what u do. Sorry to say it takes more balls and talent to do chutes then sidehill through the tree's!!!

really.,...?. they are 2 different styles of riding with equal talent required. i have no interest in bombing up chutes...(actually i do but cant afford it) and i can guarantee you i can take someone who only climbs chutes and never rides trees into the trees and make them extremely uncomfortable/scared/nervous. just like chute climbing there is lines through the trees that if you fawk up....well by by sled. maybe not the trees you ride in but they exist.

ive climbed a few minor chutes before on my stock sled in the spring. and it is a rush and i find it WAY harder once 50 sleds have gone up. trenches,ruts, turnouts etc just make it that much tougher to navigate. ive always believed the best riders were the ones who can truly handle a sled in the absolute crap shoot snow that is rutted to hell and looks like bombs were dropped.

just like any style of riding chute climbing requires throttle control and serious skill. but dont discount tree riding as something that the talentless sackless riders doo. its not so.

Last edited:

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
80% of my riding is in trees but when I was in Revy the sun was out and the conditions were right for climbing a few chutes...so I did...and I had fun doing it! The more technical climbs require sidehilling and strategic line choices while some are point and shoot. They're all fun though and I guarantee they would get the adrenaline pumping on anyone.

To say chute climbing doesn't require talent is wrong. Yes, it does require horespower...a stock sled didn't have a chance making it up those chutes last weekend but it is a combination of skill, confidence and horsepower.

I say ride what you have and have fun doing it! If you don't understand why people like riding tight trees or climbing chutes...go try it for yourself. If you still don't like it then maybe take up skate skiing.

Haha have fun and be safe out there!

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some great pics and vids on this thread. I think it would be awesome to spectate people climbing chutes.

Sent from my mobile telephone

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the Vids. NM's Polaris sure seems to carry alot more speed all the way up than alot of the other sleds shown? Looks like a killer set up he has going.

Top Bottom