Yamafest?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
i still dont understand chute climbs on these modded sleds. I mean if somebody climbs a chute that has never been climbed.... awesome. But after that its just another guy with enough money and balls to get there. Talent goes to the first guy who climbs it not knowing what could happen or if its possible to make.

I guess i find extreme, to be only stuff a small group of people can do with talent, not some guy with enough money to buy it.

On that note I would love to see video of chute climbs on stock sleds. That will show real rider ability.

Not saying these boys in the vids cant ride, just that it hardly looks like they are trying, GIVE THEM A CHALLENGE.
Thats one of the dumbest post's I have ever seen.

Obviously you have never been at the top or the bottom of any of these chutes. If it was easy then everybody would be doing it...even you.

I know a bunch of guys that had full intentions of hitting all of these chutes and just guess what happened when they looked up them from the bottom.

GRD

Reaction score
i still dont understand chute climbs on these modded sleds. I mean if somebody climbs a chute that has never been climbed.... awesome. But after that its just another guy with enough money and balls to get there. Talent goes to the first guy who climbs it not knowing what could happen or if its possible to make.

I guess i find extreme, to be only stuff a small group of people can do with talent, not some guy with enough money to buy it.

On that note I would love to see video of chute climbs on stock sleds. That will show real rider ability.

Not saying these boys in the vids cant ride, just that it hardly looks like they are trying, GIVE THEM A CHALLENGE.

I agree with you to some point. Some guys make it look easy, there is no way that is easy. I also think it takes a lot of talent to climb a chute even after the first guy has claimed a chute. I really enjoy watching it! Ride on.:cool:

Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they guys that make it look easy are just damn good riders. The first time i met the thunderstruck guys was May 2009 at boulder right after we watched Mark Mesinbrink (did'nt know it was him at the time) try to climb this nasy chute and get stuck. It can be a humbling experiance sitting at the bottom and looking up one of those chutes. We have watched them film back in turtle going up things to me looked un-climbable and they shot up them like nothing. It does take talent to manuver a 300hp tank doing 80mph up hill. shat can hit the fan really quick at that speed.

first pic is some chutes we watched them climb in turtle
second pic it mark stuck

Attachments

• revy 002.jpg
    revy 002.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 333

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If any one doesn't think it takes a big set and alot of talent to climb these chutes then they need to quit watching them on video and go stand at the top of Campout or Swenny street and look down as one of these guys come roaring up at 60-70 mph. It will take your breath away. I will vouch for that!

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If any one doesn't think it takes a big set and alot of talent to climb these chutes then they need to quit watching them on video and go stand at the top of Campout or Swenny street and look down as one of these guys come roaring up at 60-70 mph. It will take your breath away. I will vouch for that!

Yeah.....what you said.....seperates the men from the boys...and the talented girls......i know your not out for accolades but really amazing all of you. Great to watch. Thanks

Thunder101

Reaction score
Thx for the vids I love it !!
Some people are always right, there way is best, and if you don't do what they think is right then your just wrong . In there eyes. Oh boy are they fun to be around !

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa Whoa, no need to get so defensive. I agree it takes skill to climb a chute, but Talent is something else. Chute climbing seems to not be progressing at the same rate as the technology is. 10 years ago chute climbing was amazing and very few made it to the top. Today you have guys that would have no chance 10 years ago, flying up to the top with ease because the sled has made up for LOFT.

Compare chute climbing to what Chris Brant does. He's one of a kind and has huge Talent. Huge balls and big money can get you where he goes because the guy can freaking ride. He keeps progressing the sport because every time he gets a new sled, he pushes the sled to the max and finds a hill that was impossible before.

Im not argueing it gives you a rush of adrenaline, but as a spectator, im always looking to watch the best of the best, and based on those vids the bar is set to low for what the best sled and rider can do. So if you cant find steeper, or more extreme chutes, raise the bar by lowering the sled capabilities.

I think chute climbing is awesome, but only when it remains elite for the fans. Just like every other sport out there.

Good or bad, my brain is bigger then my balls, so i dont think i will ever climb a chute, i dont think the risk is worth the reward, but thats just me.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa Whoa, no need to get so defensive. I agree it takes skill to climb a chute, but Talent is something else. Chute climbing seems to not be progressing at the same rate as the technology is. 10 years ago chute climbing was amazing and very few made it to the top. Today you have guys that would have no chance 10 years ago, flying up to the top with ease because the sled has made up for LOFT.

Compare chute climbing to what Chris Brant does. He's one of a kind and has huge Talent. Huge balls and big money can get you where he goes because the guy can freaking ride. He keeps progressing the sport because every time he gets a new sled, he pushes the sled to the max and finds a hill that was impossible before.

Im not argueing it gives you a rush of adrenaline, but as a spectator, im always looking to watch the best of the best, and based on those vids the bar is set to low for what the best sled and rider can do. So if you cant find steeper, or more extreme chutes, raise the bar by lowering the sled capabilities.

I think chute climbing is awesome, but only when it remains elite. Just like every other sport out there.

Good or bad, my brain is bigger then my balls, so i dont think i will ever climb a chute, i dont think the risk is worth the reward, but thats just me.

Sorry man I still have to disagree. It takes a damn good rider to go up those chutes whether he is on a '72 elan or a 400hp Apex. You seriously need to look down the chutes from the top and see firsthand the ruts and hazards that make it as tough as it is. This is pretty serious business and the risks far outweigh the rewards. JMOH.

NM

Reaction score
Sorry man I still have to disagree. It takes a damn good rider to go up those chutes whether he is on a '72 elan or a 400hp Apex. You seriously need to look down the chutes from the top and see firsthand the ruts and hazards that make it as tough as it is. This is pretty serious business and the risks far outweigh the rewards. JMOH.
Your right Kenny, he still has no clue. Who cares what the fans think, these vids are of people who have day jobs and do this for fun.

I don't get people that bash someone for doing something then in the next breath say they would never try it themselves because they are to smart?????????? I guess the people who climb chutes are stupid then?

Burandt can ride but it's a horrible comparison because everyone at Yamafest paid for there own sleds.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think chute climbing is awesome, but only when it remains elite for the fans. Just like every other sport out there.

Chris Burandt is far from one of a kind...Not saying that he isn't talented or skillful, but there are LOTS of guys that can ride as good or probably better than him...they just don't get the press that Chris does.
Go sling yourself over a 300+ HP sled and head into the guts of a chute and see how much skill/talent it takes. I bet you'll have a different opinion at the end of it all:D It may take ballz to start climbing chutes, but once you have the skill and talent...I would think that your ballz don't need to be quite as big:)

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right kenny, he still has no clue. Who cares what the fans think, these vids are of people who have day jobs and do this for fun.

I don't get people that bash someone for doing something then in the next breath say they would never try it themselves because they are to smart?????????? I guess the people who climb chutes are stupid then?

Burandt can ride but it's a horrible comparison because everyone at yamafest paid for there own sleds.

obviously etecheaven has never climbed a chute. And to compare a sidehill artist like burandt to what u do. Sorry to say it takes more balls and talent to do chutes then sidehill through the tree's!!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ride what you want, where you want. ride with an attitude that "I could do that if I only had the money", or with the attitude of "no guts, no glory". Doesn't matter who you are, where your ride or what you ride - just fawkin' ride and don't worry about how long your dick is compared to everyone else. These vids posted do not show how steep these hills really are, and from far away you do not get a sense of just how fast these sleds are really moving at the top. Its a world of difference when you see them in real life.

Been on 300+ hp sleds, if you think you've gone fast you ain't seen jack until you've piloted something with a 1:2 power to weight ratio, but it just wasn't for me. Chute climbing isn't my thing, I don't have the guts to risk my sled, I like it in one piece, not in garbage bags, only direction to go is up in a chute :D, I prefer the path less followed and a 300 HP sled does not work with my riding style (mainly they burn too much fuel! LOL), but who cares. For these guys its an adrenaline rush that they live for, so good on them, whatever gets them off and no one should take that away from them.

Nice vids guys.

boostbaby

Reaction score

Let me reliterate... WE DO NOT CLIMB THESE HILLS FOR SPECTATORS... If we arent "extreme" enough for you then dont watch the videos, its not like we are making you pay to watch them so.... We are just proud of each others accomplishments and thats why we post the vids not to prove we are the best of the best.
"Chute climbing is only awesome when it remains elite for the fans??????" COMMON, no one pays us to ride and if we break a sled thats on our own bill.. our group does not care if we have "fans" we ride to ride and have fun THATS IT!!! So sorry to all the elite fans out there that think we are getting boring to watch :rolleyes:...

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't climb chutes in the kakwa area as we don't know what is on the other side. But I ride in deep powder almost every ride and the 270 to 300hp works awesome for breaking open pretty much any trail you want and really fuel economy on mine is still better than my 170hp vmax4 was so I never complain. I just live to ride and summer comes way to quick. The videos are awesome keep them coming!!!!

NM

Reaction score
when it looks like they are hardly trying things went good... the plan is never to " get squirlley and scratch over the top"
Exactly!
So if one guy at the Xgames aces a backflip on his sled and makes it look easy then I guess no other guy at Xgames should attempt a backflip because it's not extreme enough.

Like I read in another thread...trying to get the point across to some people is like trying to nail Jello to a tree.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right as a guy who doesnt ride chutes, i dont know what its like

But as a spectator i would like to see a standard for what classifys as a real achievement. All i see is everybody climbing the same chutes one after another, with most barely even trying.

I would love to see different mod classes and power classes to help show who has the real talent.

My first comment " i just dont get chute climbing" is because i dont understand what makes a great chute climber as there is no rules, or standards to judge by besides the fact he made it. Its seems to an outsider that if you lack the talent you can make it up with money (bigger track, more hp, ect) and still be classified as a chute climber.
I guess im competetive and i look at everything as how it could be competetive. At this point i just dont see a competeition, as almost everybody wins.

Like i said i dont have the balls to climb a chute, i like my sled in one piece. And i didnt say chute climbers are dumb, i just think you need big balls to risk what you do climbing those things. High risk stuff requires your nuts to bigger then your brains, because humans are naturally wired for self preservation.

If you guys want the public opinion to be that you all a bunch of redneck, idiots climbing those things thats fine (which its not), but i think if you all get organized it would make the sport look much better in the end, plus make the sport more progressive.

As for Brandt, the number of guys that can do what he does is far far far less then those that can make it up those chutes.

Top Bottom