Winter Tire Decisions

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally found a set of Duratracs. Had to buy them in Vancouver. Is it worth trying to find somewhere that can stud them, or hell with it and run them as is? I plan on these being winter only tires, so if its worth while I will try and find somewhere to do it. Preferably local to Whitecourt.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Finally found a set of Duratracs. Had to buy them in Vancouver. Is it worth trying to find somewhere that can stud them, or hell with it and run them as is? I plan on these being winter only tires, so if its worth while I will try and find somewhere to do it. Preferably local to Whitecourt.

Got mine studded at Fountain tire.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took wheels down to Fountain Tire and got them studded and installed. Have only driven around town, but definitely improved traction over my Terra Grapplers. Much more noise when on bare pavement, but that is no surprise. Tires are 315/70R17.

DSC00862.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
just because they say mud & snow on the tire, doesn't mean it is a "winter" tire or have the "snowflake/mountain symbol"........

...So what you saying ? The Duratracs are not a snow and or mud tire.....

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've said it before and i will say it again, duratacs are the best tire i have had on a truck. Yes they hum a little but not much if you have a good alignment and they wear really good. I have 63000km on mine and should last another 20-30k. I work in the oil patch around lloydminster so i am always goin from a hiway to gravel and back. Love the tires and won't hesitate to get another set.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picture whoring

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

We had more freezing rain here yesterday, and man o man these things are incredible! Love em! Can't believe i waited this long to get a set of dedicated winter wheels/tires.

Top Bottom