Who should you support

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HagmanMod1

I'm only one guy. I singled out Riverside Honda/Yamaha, Specialty Sleds and Mountain Magic because I have spent decent amounts of money at Riverside Honda/Yamaha, Specialty Sleds and Mountain Magic and because I know that Riverside Honda/Yamaha, Specialty Sleds and Mountain Magic all sell products to a lot of people that sled in Valemount, i feel Riverside Honda/Yamaha, Specialty Sleds and Mountain Magic should be on the VARDA sponsorship list.
Its my opinion.
I don't care how much they donate to any other cause, I commented on the sledding industry. Casting dispersion on the original topic by referencing other very worthy causes, Some of which I personally donate to does nothing to change my opinion. But hey I'm just one guy, who gives a fawk what I think?

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cant believe no one said it yet!! support your local red and white!! lol! they know how to do "fundraisers"!!!!!! just kidding!!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not trying to say it, I'm saying it.

I know it's not good form to only point out the negative so I'll point out that I have shopped at Martin Motor Sports over the years as well and they ARE at the top of the list of VARDA sponsors
Way to go Martin!
Oops. Another name drop.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:deadhorse:

I know it's not good form to only point out the negative so I'll point out that I have shopped at Martin Motor Sports over the years as well and they ARE at the top of the list of VARDA sponsors
Way to go Martin!
Oops. Another name drop.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think people(business) that make a lot of money from mountain sledders should support the clubs in the destination towns that we go to.You cant tell me any of the mentioned businesses could not afford to give $250 to Valemount, Blue River,Mcbride, Revy, Sicamous and Golden(probably the most poular spots for Albertans). Thats $1500 a year.I bet some of these shops make more profit on one machine than this amount.
It doesnt matter if we go to town and spend $1000-$2000 a trip . These shops are stiil making money from us and should still support the clubs.(this i believe is Generals point)

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a little different train of thought going on with this thread!Why should the businesses donate to the clubs of the towns that some of their customers go to!It should be up to the customers to donate to who they want to!What if the owner goes to one of the towns that his customers insisted on donating to and gets treated like crap or doesn't like the area!Not really fair for them to still have their money go to said place!If they keep going to the same area then fine they should be no different than anyone else and donate to whoever!Just saying!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to donate then donate, but i will continue to just "support" what ever community that i decide to sled in how you may ask?

I buy fuel
I rent a hotel
I leave tips
I buy parts

Etc Etc....

Will i donate to varda ? No i will not but i WILL support the town of Valemount when i sled there and the same goes for everywhere else i ride revy,sicamouse,blue river, mcbride, trout lake etc....

The mayor and council aren't stupid they know how much revenue tourism brings into any town it is also up to the municipal government to help with the local organizations.

So for anyone out there thinks i have to donate to the club because i ride there i say blow it out your ass i support the comminuty and local economy which in a round about way supports the club.

your income or profit does not come from sledders. this is not about specific people. no one expects everyone who rides in valemount or wherever to drop 250$

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a little different train of thought going on with this thread!Why should the businesses donate to the clubs of the towns that some of their customers go to!It should be up to the customers to donate to who they want to!What if the owner goes to one of the towns that his customers insisted on donating to and gets treated like crap or doesn't like the area!Not really fair for them to still have their money go to said place!If they keep going to the same area then fine they should be no different than anyone else and donate to whoever!Just saying!

like mentioned previously. what if all the organizations collapsed because of government pressure overwhelming there lack of funds and support. how many mod sleds do you think aftermarket shops will be building? how many new units do you think dealers will be moving? my bet is none since it could be highly illegal to backcountry snowmobile in the not to distant future. 250$ is basically insurance for your snowmobile related business. no matter where it goes, valemount,sicamous, blue river, revy etcetc

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like mentioned previously. what if all the organizations collapsed because of government pressure overwhelming there lack of funds and support. how many mod sleds do you think aftermarket shops will be building? how many new units do you think dealers will be moving? my bet is none since it could be highly illegal to backcountry snowmobile in the not to distant future. 250$ is basically insurance for your snowmobile related business. no matter where it goes, valemount,sicamous, blue river, revy etcetc

Exactly it's really insurance for their business. Just like many on here have said membership and sponsorship of the areas, are what keep the areas open. Another great option, would be for every sled sold the dealer purchases a membership in the name of the purchaser to the group of choice! I believe VARDA's $30. Not sure what other area memberships are.

Not saying only people who buy a new sled should have memberships because everyone that rides that area should have one. The incentives with these memberships alone pay for itself in 1 weekend!!! This is what really keeps the areas open!

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The GBCA has yet to be kicked out of town so we donate to VARDA.... I like thier vision and dedication....

We're not a business (although we should probably buy a liquor store).... but like Chris said, I'm confident that the donation funds are well managed...best bang for the buck so to speak....

I thought GBCA did own a liquor store. It just makes so much sense.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Way to go Martin!
Oops. Another name drop.

now that is the post that we wanted to see, that gets your point accross, les martin know that their donation money is appreciated etc. better to post those that donate or support because that gets your message out loud and clear.

the biggist joke i hear all the time is " oh that is a right off" for everyones info every dollar spent from a business is a right off, but you have to make money first.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in an ideal world every one who rode in an area would buy a membership, would buy all there gas at the local retailer, there groceries etc at the local reatailer etc, but it seems people are people, they go to the bigger cities and spend most of there money, and fiqure they are supporting the local area by buying a pack of smokes.

better to praise those that support in my opinion.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in an ideal world every one who rode in an area would buy a membership, would buy all there gas at the local retailer, there groceries etc at the local reatailer etc, but it seems people are people, they go to the bigger cities and spend most of there money, and fiqure they are supporting the local area by buying a pack of smokes.

better to praise those that support in my opinion.

Yup...

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
ALL snowmobile clubs need your support, wherever you happen to ride, BC or Alberta. We do not make any money on your memberships. Of the 25.00 membership fee we charge here in McBride.. 24.00 goes to the Association of BCSnowmobile Clubs for insurance and for their ongoing work for the snowmobiling community. The remaining 1.00 does not go very far.

Of your 20.00 McBride trail pass - 17.00 + HST is for actual grooming cost. The remaining. 96 per trail pass goes to the club for cabin and trail maintenance, cleanup, snow removal and propane for heating the cabins. Once again our money doesn't go far. I'm using McBride as an example, since I dont know the fee split for any other areas. I can bet that all the small clubs in BC and Alberta will tell you the same type of story.

The small clubs have fewer active members and no paid employees to go after sponsorships and grant monies. Many of the businesses here are struggling to stay open and we cannot ask them for significant donations. These small clubs need your support. Wherever you ride, talk to someone there that is active with the snowmobile club, and see what you can do to help. The snowmobile show is a great place to start, as many clubs have booths there.

Last edited:

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a question? How many on here would object to a $25 surcharge on the price of a new sled that went to club support fund and was split across the various areas they we ride? Or all clubs in western canada? That should be enough for most dealers to be a sponsor of all the major areas.

I know I'd gladly pay it.

Works for me and to take it a step further the sled show is coming up in Edmonton shortly where a considerable amount of money will be spent on sleds, sled decks, clothing, trailers, aftermarket parts, etc. It would not be unreasonable to ask the merchants where you are making a purchase whether they support our riding areas, be they flatland or alpine, through ASA, ABC, BCSF or any of the respective member clubs. As stated earlier any support for these organizations is certainly voluntary but at least it get's the merchants that do not support those organizations thinking about it. No matter what anyone say's that is not an unreasonable question to ask a merchant. They may choose to tell you it is none of your business but it is your business if you want to see some of your hard earned money going to keeping our riding areas viable as without those riding areas your purchase is almost pointless. Just going to the sled show supports riding areas as the Edmonton sled show is the largest single source of revenue for the ASA but there is nothing wrong with taking it a step further to ensure those merchant's benefitting from your purchases are also supporting the riding areas, no matter how small as I realize not everyone is BRP.

Top Bottom