Who should you support

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a lot of guys:)nono:THEGENERAL) not supporting buisnesses cause they dont support VARDA, Varda is awesome and no bashing of VARDA but I don't support them because I ride Blue river and support them. Do I need to support every one???? No. I gladly pay my fee at allen when I do ride there. Just because I live in the edmonton area does not mean 90% of my riding is valemount. Some guys seem to think VARDA is the only area that needs support. If I was to ride valemount all the time Curtis would see my cheque Oct 1 every year and I suggest if you do ride Valemount all the time you support them with more than just trail fees.
Lots of clubs, lots of areas and lots of expenses when sledding so I choose to only support my most visited riding area. thegeneral I hope I never see you at any area but Valemount.....:treaten:OR SUPPORT THAT AREA OR S##T UP.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Storch.
Its not about riders supporting the local clubs that I have a problem with. It makes nothing but sense for a rider to do tthat my group will drop 2-3k on a good weekend from gas, meals, booze , sled parts etc. we support the local economy. The point that seems to have eluded you is that there are companies in the edmonton area where Thegeneral lives and shops that draw a very large portion of their business from the people that sled in Valemount yet they don't support Varda.

Btw buying a trail pass isn't supporting anyone, your paying for the trail grooming which I'm sure is one of the areas where most clubs lose money ( just my thoughts not fact )

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a lot of guys:)nono:THEGENERAL) not supporting buisnesses cause they dont support VARDA, Varda is awesome and no bashing of VARDA but I don't support them because I ride Blue river and support them. Do I need to support every one???? No. I gladly pay my fee at allen when I do ride there. Just because I live in the edmonton area does not mean 90% of my riding is valemount. Some guys seem to think VARDA is the only area that needs support. If I was to ride valemount all the time Curtis would see my cheque Oct 1 every year and I suggest if you do ride Valemount all the time you support them with more than just trail fees.
Lots of clubs, lots of areas and lots of expenses when sledding so I choose to only support my most visited riding area. thegeneral I hope I never see you at any area but Valemount.....:treaten:OR SUPPORT THAT AREA OR S##T UP.
Well said

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you feel every edmonton sledding outfit should support Varda???? BS, Half the guys I ride with who shop in edmonton never ride in Valemount. TUNNEL VISION

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Since Maxwell rides there so much (80 days a yr) I wonder if he drops his token $20 000 to VARDA?

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to even bring VARDA in to this but it just happens to be the club thats been brought up. I think they have done great things for valemount but as said before
they are not the only club that need buisnesses to help them out. The Maxwell's support VARDA because they ride and live their and good on them. Maxwell tell me I'M wrong in my rant and ill shut up

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never said all sled outfits, I specifically said Riverside Honda/Yamaha, Specialty Sled and Mountain Magic

I know of 11 guys that are buying new 13 XM's at Riverside, when you figure in spare belts, covers, oil, riding gear and maybe the odd replacement part throughout the season your probably approaching $200000.00 in business. A bronze membership for Varda is $250 so yes, god damn right they should support them
That's MY opinion

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here is a question: When you buy sleds, parts, clothes, whatever, should the business ask how many days you plan to ride in each area and donate accordingly? Because what if I don't want my money going to VARDA, since I've never been there?

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never said all sled outfits, I specifically said Riverside Honda/Yamaha, Specialty Sled and Mountain Magic

I know of 11 guys that are buying new 13 XM's at Riverside, when you figure in spare belts, covers, oil, riding gear and maybe the odd replacemnt part throughout the season your probably approaching $200000.00 in business. A bronze membership for Varda is $250 so yes, god damn right they should support them
That's MY opinion
What about Revy and McBride should they not support them also? How many sleds total
you think they sold. I live in Edmonton and don't ride valemount. Just sayin

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here is a question: When you buy sleds, parts, clothes, whatever, should the business ask how many days you plan to ride in each area and donate accordingly? Because what if I don't want my money going to VARDA, since I've never been there?

These businesses know where their customers are riding.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you have your opinion. I'm sure these company's have one too, I'm sure they give 2cents to your opinion. I'm sure they also contribute in ways you will never know and VARDA is just one piece of the pie. I suggest keeping your 2 bits to yourself before bashing a buisness for not supporting one club, there are a lot out there.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I know of 11 guys that are buying new 13 XM's at Riverside, when you figure in spare belts, covers, oil, riding gear and maybe the odd replacement part throughout the season your probably approaching $200000.00 in business. A bronze membership for Varda is $250 so yes, god damn right they should support them
That's MY opinion

Then maybe they should have bought from Martin's. LOL

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about Revy and McBride should they not support them also? How many sleds total
you think they sold. I live in Edmonton and don't ride valemount. Just sayin
Toyboy, that's my point exactly. They should support them if their product is being used by a large number of their customers. I brought this up originally about Varda in a thread about Vard

Top Bottom