Who should you support

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing that most of the business's that we are talking about monitor this site regularily, maybe it would be in there best interests to tell everyone which area's they do volunteer to? Just a suggestion. Then peeps will no who and who is not sharing the wealth so to speak. Lol.

Great idea.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never said all sled outfits, I specifically said Riverside Honda/Yamaha, Specialty Sled and Mountain Magic

I know of 11 guys that are buying new 13 XM's at Riverside, when you figure in spare belts, covers, oil, riding gear and maybe the odd replacement part throughout the season your probably approaching $200000.00 in business. A bronze membership for Varda is $250 so yes, god damn right they should support them
That's MY opinion

I don't want to get into this but I had to bring in one point that your post illustrates. Unless you think that Riverside got those Doo's from BRP for free, they didn't make $150,000 in profit, they probably made more like $25,000?

You should be asking if BRP (and all the manufacturers) support VARDA if your buds are dropping that much dough, and if not, why the hell not when a new sled runs over $13,000? Take $5 from each sale, that right there is more than enough to cover the $250. I know Swenson and Yamaha support the CAC, OH WAIT and so does Doo, they both donated sleds last year.....so they are already supporting the CAC.

Does everyone here donate to every organization that comes to your front door? if u do well you are humanitarian of the year, most of us don't though, there is only so much support to go around. I don't think it should all fall on the shoulders of the local dealers to support all of the organizations, just the way it is.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't want to get into this but I had to bring in one point that your post illustrates. Unless you think that Riverside got those Doo's from BRP for free, they didn't make $150,000 in profit, they probably made more like $25,000?

What I said was probably approaching $200000.00 in business, not profit.I haven't told anyone where to spend their money or where to donate. I just highlighted in a VARDA thread, that a few of the businesses that I know benefit from the work that VARDA does, SHOULD, in MY opinion be supporting VARDA.

So if Riverside honda/Yamaha, Specialty Sleds and Mountain Magic are reading these posts, we should hopefully be seeing them on VARDA'S sponsers list next season.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ride most of the time in Valemount, but do ride blue or Mcbride every now and again, I choose to support Vale because thats were we spend most of our time. I myself know Curtis works vary hard at what he dose so Iknow my money is well spent. If Parkland had nothing but cash laying around than I would help out as much as i could with other clubs but....... not the case lol. I will continue to support Varda because thats were I ride and I know my money is well spent. 10-4

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The GBCA has yet to be kicked out of town so we donate to VARDA.... I like thier vision and dedication....

We're not a business (although we should probably buy a liquor store).... but like Chris said, I'm confident that the donation funds are well managed...best bang for the buck so to speak....

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What I said was probably approaching $200000.00 in business, not profit.I haven't told anyone where to spend their money or where to donate. I just highlighted in a VARDA thread, that a few of the businesses that I know benefit from the work that VARDA does, SHOULD, in MY opinion be supporting VARDA.

So if Riverside honda/Yamaha, Specialty Sleds and Mountain Magic are reading these posts, we should hopefully be seeing them on VARDA'S sponsers list next season.

I can agree with that but imho they should also support the Revy and Mcbride clubs as well as the ASA. Just sayin

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a question? How many on here would object to a $25 surcharge on the price of a new sled that went to club support fund and was split across the various areas they we ride? Or all clubs in western canada? That should be enough for most dealers to be a sponsor of all the major areas.

I know I'd gladly pay it.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a question? How many on here would object to a $25 surcharge on the price of a new sled that went to club support fund and was split across the various areas they we ride? Or all clubs in western canada? That should be enough for most dealers to be a sponsor of all the major areas.

I know I'd gladly pay it.

Why does it have to be a surcharge? What's $25 dollars to a dealership to donate to member clubs of larger snowmobile associations that work as a coordinated unit to keep riding areas open for sledders to keep snowmobiling in? Seems like a sound investment in continued future business to me...

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You should be asking if BRP (and all the manufacturers) support VARDA if your buds are dropping that much dough, and if not, why the hell not when a new sled runs over $13,000? Take $5 from each sale, that right there is more than enough to cover the $250. I know Swenson and Yamaha support the CAC, OH WAIT and so does Doo, they both donated sleds last year.....so they are already supporting the CAC.

Does everyone here donate to every organization that comes to your front door? if u do well you are humanitarian of the year, most of us don't though, there is only so much support to go around. I don't think it should all fall on the shoulders of the local dealers to support all of the organizations, just the way it is.

Modman good point, i can see prices tacked on the sticker to compensate for donations

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T
Why does it have to be a surcharge? What's $25 dollars to a dealership to donate to member clubs of larger snowmobile associations that work as a coordinated unit to keep riding areas open for sledders to keep snowmobiling in? Seems like a sound investment in continued future business to me...

Business is in it for the money maybe they would match it but I wouldn't count on it.

Would you kick 25 a day off your pay for the future of your choosen career? I Think most would not

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
dealer could offer a $25 donation to the club of the buyers choice, write it into the sales contract that the purchaser can choose where to direct the donation, at the end of the year the dealer could present the donation cheques to the clubs on behalf of the dealership and thier customer base.....

Seems to me that this would be a win/win, good PR for the dealer and a grass roots effort to support the comunities that support thier sales....

Just a thought, but then again I don't own a dealership......yet....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealer could offer a $25 donation to the club of the buyers choice, write it into the sales contract that the purchaser can choose where to direct the donation, at the end of the year the dealer could present the donation cheques to the clubs on behalf of the dealership and thier customer base.....

Seems to me that this would be a win/win, good PR for the dealer and a grass roots effort to support the comunities that support thier sales....

Just a thought, but then again I don't own a dealership......yet....

BRP does something similar to that where the consumer puts his choice on a ballot for whichever club he wants to support and BRP then donates I believe $10 to that club to a maximum. It helps out some for the clubs. I think they call it the Million Dollar Club program.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
your right they do... up to a $500 max per club.... but like most programs the clubs normally have to beg their membership to fill out the form...

It would be nice to see the other 3 follow suit...

BRP does something similar to that where the consumer puts his choice on a ballot for whichever club he wants to support and BRP then donates I believe $10 to that club to a maximum. It helps out some for the clubs. I think they call it the Million Dollar Club program.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Speaking of clubs and support, the Alberta Beach Snowmobile club is holding our first General meeting on November 10th in Alberta beach for anyone looking to become involved.

We have an aging membership where a small few take on too much and will not be able to keep up the pace, 120km+ of groomed trails and seeing as I'm no longer the ASA rep but moved into membership I can now have the occasional beer with members out on the trail....

Get out and get involved, we have the opportunity to carry on a long tradition and shape the club into a fun friendly atmosphere.....

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the list if its current you'll notice that lots of other shops in the area are not on here either so why did you feel the need to single out the 3 you mentioned Diamond

Best Western PLUS Valemount Inn and Suites

CMH Heli-Skiing
Martin Motor Sports
Terracana Ranch Resort
Tourism Valemount
Village of Valemount

Platinum

3 Boyz Tank / Vac Trucks

Gold

Absolute Power and Performance Ltd.

AFD Petroleum Ltd.
Alpine Country Rentals Ltd.
ASE Motorsports
Backcountry Access
Canadian Avalanche Centre
Caribou Grill Restaurant
Fountain Tire Argyll
GBCA “A pretty big deal”
Great Escape Restaurant
Klarus Carpentry
Maxwell Family
Outlaw Oilfield Services Ltd.
Parkland Motorsports / OK Tire Stony Plain

Premier Mountain Lodge
Riderz
Shell Mighty Mart
Slave Safety
Summit Grill Restaurant
Summit River Lodge
The Alpine Inn
The Decal Shop
The Moose Pub
Trent Fleming Martin Motor Sports Sales (T-Team)
Underwriters Insurance Brokers / Peter Reimer Notary Public
Valemount Hotel and Liquor Store
Valemount Travel Center Petro Canada / A&W
Wild Rose Shows Inc.

Wild Rows Pump & Compression
Yellowhead Helicopters Ltd
Zacs Tracs Snow and Avalanche Safety

Silver

Chalet Continental

Dream Catcher Inn
Eagletech Electric
Echo Cycle
Glacier Mountain Lodge
Mountain Park Glass
Snowandmud.com
Twin Peaks Resort

Bronze

Angry Gnome Vacation Home

Cold Fire Creek Dogsledding
Cougar Mountain Lodge
Diamond H Donairs
DPFN
Elk Island Sales Inc.
Glacier Inn
Legacy Vacation Rental
Monashee Motors
Oral Health Intervention – Mobile Services
Ramada Inn
Rene’s Vacuum Service Inc.
Rocky Mountain Goat Newspaper
Stone Haven Inn
Travis Automotive Services
Valemount Swiss Bakery
Valley Sentinel Newspaper
Whisper Creek Log Homes
HESS Fishing and Rentals

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Here's the list if its current you'll notice that lots of other shops in the area are not on here either so why did you feel the need to single out the 3 you mentioned Diamond

Best Western PLUS Valemount Inn and Suites

CMH Heli-Skiing
Martin Motor Sports
Terracana Ranch Resort
Tourism Valemount
Village of Valemount

Platinum

3 Boyz Tank / Vac Trucks

Gold

Absolute Power and Performance Ltd.

AFD Petroleum Ltd.
Alpine Country Rentals Ltd.
ASE Motorsports
Backcountry Access
Canadian Avalanche Centre
Caribou Grill Restaurant
Fountain Tire Argyll
GBCA “A pretty big deal”
Great Escape Restaurant
Klarus Carpentry
Maxwell Family
Outlaw Oilfield Services Ltd.
Parkland Motorsports / OK Tire Stony Plain

Premier Mountain Lodge
Riderz
Shell Mighty Mart
Slave Safety
Summit Grill Restaurant
Summit River Lodge
The Alpine Inn
The Decal Shop
The Moose Pub
Trent Fleming Martin Motor Sports Sales (T-Team)
Underwriters Insurance Brokers / Peter Reimer Notary Public
Valemount Hotel and Liquor Store
Valemount Travel Center Petro Canada / A&W
Wild Rose Shows Inc.

Wild Rows Pump & Compression
Yellowhead Helicopters Ltd
Zacs Tracs Snow and Avalanche Safety

Silver

Chalet Continental

Dream Catcher Inn
Eagletech Electric
Echo Cycle
Glacier Mountain Lodge
Mountain Park Glass
Snowandmud.com
Twin Peaks Resort

Bronze

Angry Gnome Vacation Home

Cold Fire Creek Dogsledding
Cougar Mountain Lodge
Diamond H Donairs
DPFN
Elk Island Sales Inc.
Glacier Inn
Legacy Vacation Rental
Monashee Motors
Oral Health Intervention – Mobile Services
Ramada Inn
Rene’s Vacuum Service Inc.
Rocky Mountain Goat Newspaper
Stone Haven Inn
Travis Automotive Services
Valemount Swiss Bakery
Valley Sentinel Newspaper
Whisper Creek Log Homes
HESS Fishing and Rentals

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I think there is alot more to consider here than who a business supports. You won't see us listed as gold, silver or bronze sponsors anywhere. We give a little bit to alot of clubs. We give to clubs we will never ride in. We give to atv clubs and we don't own atv's. We also give to things like Prairie Women on Snow that ride snowmobiles to raise money for breast cancer research. We are also supporting vendors on sites like this who in turn support different causes from money generated from supporting vendors. We support as many groups as we can with what we have. Another thing we do is give out Haber codes so that other groups and clubs can make their own money to do as they see fit.

We are not a big dealership we will never be in the league of some of the others. Some of the things we do, do though is a customer will call me up with a few kids wanting to buy tek vests or goggles for his kids but money is tight and guess what? I get that we have 5 kids but I see the value in having your kids involved so I will sell him the goggles at my cost or just above. Did I make what I could have no.....is that a donation? I don't know?

Another thing to consider is time spent, just because someone gives money sometimes time is just as valuable commodity. As any group that is doing trail maintenance or building a shelter will know.

One more point in my little diatribe we have 5 kids we spend countless hours involved in our own community chairing parent council, working bingos, driving kids to this swim meet/practise or that, coaching more soccer teams than I can count etc etc. is that any less of a contribution than something else because I am investing in my kids and community?

Jan

Last edited:

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
It is against my better judgement that I make this post because I feel that to whom I make donations to is nobodys business but my own and this will be my only public post on the topic. If anybody wants to come to the shop and discuss the topic of donations and what we do to give back to snowmobiling I will be more than willing. I am not looking for fan fare but I will say I donate to the Edmonton Hot Lunch Program because I believe that any kid that makes the effort to go to school deserves at least one decent meal a day. Also my wife fosters for the SPCA and we constantly have abandoned animals on the farm that need to be nursed back to health before they can be adopted. These are personal and private matters and I resent the inference that I do not care about or support our industry.

Bruce

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to donate then donate, but i will continue to just "support" what ever community that i decide to sled in how you may ask?

I buy fuel
I rent a hotel
I leave tips
I buy parts

Etc Etc....

Will i donate to varda ? No i will not but i WILL support the town of Valemount when i sled there and the same goes for everywhere else i ride revy,sicamouse,blue river, mcbride, trout lake etc....

The mayor and council aren't stupid they know how much revenue tourism brings into any town it is also up to the municipal government to help with the local organizations.

So for anyone out there thinks i have to donate to the club because i ride there i say blow it out your ass i support the comminuty and local economy which in a round about way supports the club.

Top Bottom