Who should you support

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have given donations out to different charities the funny thing was there was very little mention of donation, etc, and they were never heard or seen again until there smiley faces came knocking the same time next year, plus then there other friendly charities started knocking,

i find you'll get more response by praising those that give than to beotch at those who haven't given. just my opinion.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I make 1500 dollars selling sleds all the time!!!! Then... It goes to the head office with the rest of the money to cover the bill of sale........and off to the manufacturer haha.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To boostmonkey, imdoo'n, and others. It is very admirable that manufacturers and individuals have made donations to many worthwhile charities and I hope they continue to do so. However, these donations do absolutely nothing to preserve the sport that we all love so much. The reality of the situation is, if we all (individuals, businesses, manufacturers) don't start giving a lot more financial support to the people that fight for our right to ride, then our sport is going to die a painful death. The anti's have a lot of financial backing and they've already shown they will not quit until we're shut down. Do we roll over and die, OR provide the much needed ammo to the many volunteers fighting on our behalf ?

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To boostmonkey, imdoo'n, and others. It is very admirable that manufacturers and individuals have made donations to many worthwhile charities and I hope they continue to do so. However, these donations do absolutely nothing to preserve the sport that we all love so much. The reality of the situation is, if we all (individuals, businesses, manufacturers) don't start giving a lot more financial support to the people that fight for our right to ride, then our sport is going to die a painful death. The anti's have a lot of financial backing and they've already shown they will not quit until we're shut down. Do we roll over and die, OR provide the much needed ammo to the many volunteers fighting on our behalf ?

So let me get this straight, you are telling me to support the club(s) whose trials and cabins I use on my sledding adventures to help keep these areas open, correct? If so I agree, but at the same time you are telling me that the donations these manufacture make to the same clubs don’t do anything to help keep these ridding areas open????

I understand the 10, 15, or 20 bucks I leave at the parking lot is just for the groomer and parking but how does the money from my yearly membership get to the people that are fighting to keep these areas open? I am not trying to be a d!ck but come on, You and I both now 99.9% of that money does fawk all for the people fighting for our sport.
Please tell me if there is a way I can help keeping these mountains open, I mean show me a cause that uses the monies collect to fight for us. Last time I read the fine print when I donated money to a charity less than half actually when where it was needed.

I don’t follow politics of any kind and I don’t vote for that reason I don’t bitch about them other than saying there just like most used car sales men, they will tell you whatever then need to get what they want. Again JMO.

Who are these groups trying to shut down snowmobiling?

FYI, 95% of my ridding is done off the hiway into the trees to a ridding area that no one but the people ridding there look after. No groomed trail, No cabins and very little traffic IMO it’s perfect that way.

Last edited:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that bone head their just a little more power tripping assholes then most towns where I ride. Mcbride Sicamous etc...

bone head? If you know that the RCMP doesn't answer to the town, Why then would you associate a negative experience with them to Valemount?

and whats with the name calling? use your big boy words

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

exactly, but you'll get more flies to honey than with vinegar, if people don't see some acknowledge ment or return, they just don't give or volunteer.
good luck getting money from anyone unless they see some sort of return, and yes $250 is not a lot of money, so why haven't those that ride there not been on the donation board, don't see your name, or the generals for that matter, seems like the kettle calling the pot black to me.

so is $250 a lot of money for you to keep your sleding area going?

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

exactly, but you'll get more flies to honey than with vinegar, if people don't see some acknowledge ment or return, they just don't give or volunteer.
good luck getting money from anyone unless they see some sort of return, and yes $250 is not a lot of money, so why haven't those that ride there not been on the donation board, don't see your name, or the generals for that matter, seems like the kettle calling the pot black to me.

so is $250 a lot of money for you to keep your sleding area going?

excellent point! so we'll be seeing imdoo'n and thegeneral on the list next season for sure. ( too late to make the list this year but I will put my money where my mouth is on my first trip this season! )
oops maybe your already there, sorry

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my reply to everyone on this thread is

WHY DO YOU EXPECT ANYONE TO PAY FOR YOR FRIGGIN FUN

your money for gas, smokes food lodging pays for your immediate friggin needs, if you want the area you ride to stay open, get off yer fat azz and volunteer and donate money or time , whatever you can afford. otherwise your just flappin your lips.

in other words lets see your names on the varda donation list

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a BC sledding foundation?
Who is fighting for our ridding area as a whole?
Is there a way to help the whole province fight these guys? Or is every club just trying to cover their own location?
Like I said before I maybe get 3-4 rides a year at places with club support and there usually different locations each time.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much each club fights for their own areas....with support from their provincial organization and other clubs when they can. Occasionally though, as is the case with Caribou, we manage to get together and present a united front.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last season was my first time riding in the valemount area, and to be honest I'm not quite sure what VARDA is. Does the VARDA funds go the the Nice cabins and out of bounds signs i see. How about the groomers? Are they operated by VARDA I can't remember what was on my trail passes.
I've only met Curtis twice on the hill and the second time I met him he said we was working and wished he had his etec, but did not get a chance to ask him.
Maybe he/ Maxwell, etc can pm me and fill me in some more, or I can stop by the VARDA booth at the sled show next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Recommends
Reactions: win

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
imdoo'n, you do not see my name on the list of VARDA sponsors, but last year, I was a member of both the Valemount and Blue River clubs. I did not intend to insult anyone. My point was that we should all contribute financially in some way. If every sledder that rode in the mountains was a paid member of at least one club in the areas they ride, that would be a lot of help for those fighting on our behalf. I still maintain that the manufacturers and other businesses profiting from mountain sledders should support these clubs and associations as well. The future of their business could well depend on us being able to ride.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last season was my first time riding in the valemount area, and to be honest I'm not quite sure what VARDA is. Does the VARDA funds go the the Nice cabins and out of bounds signs i see. How about the groomers? Are they operated by VARDA I can't remember what was on my trail passes.
I've only met Curtis twice on the hill and the second time I met him he said we was working and wished he had his etec, but did not get a chance to ask him.
Maybe he/ Maxwell, etc can pm me and fill me in some more, or I can stop by the VARDA booth at the sled show next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes plz do! Ill be at the booth all 3 days. I don't work for varda but have a good idea of how things operate.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm concerned about so many comment that business pay because they are for profit.

I agree that being good corporate citizens is important to further the market in which they sell into, but should the focus not be mostly be directed to the users that actually use the areas?

Everyone has their choice of where to buy, and what price they are willing to buy for. I don't think ill of anyone that doesn't want to support a business because they don't support what's important to them. That's our choice as consumers. My issue is vilifying any business for not doing it. Everyone has choices.

Top Bottom