Which tires?

DCRZR

Reaction score
I bought a 06 yfz450 off a friend the the rear tires are done and need to be replaced. But I have no idea what to buy. I was told to go with some maxxis rzr's. But thought I would ask you guys first. I dont ride track just trails(sometime mud) and maybe one day some sand.

Just wondering what would be good.

ghglenn

Reaction score
The Rzr's are really good for the track. For all around stuff, the Rzr 2's are what I run. They are a little heavier, but they have a harder compound and better side walls for trails. They are the popular tire for XC racing.

DCRZR

Reaction score
I have a friend running razrs on the front a mud lites on the back (on his raptor 350) Mud tires any good on the trails?

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Razor 2 for the front, best tire for agressive riding, exellent when breaking ,ya don't slide and lasts forever.
For the rear tire Razors are great,nice and wide so in rutts you don't sink as bad,great hook up and last forever even if you do lots of pavement roads. Razor 2s do everything Razors do but more agressive and way heavier and more money ,not worth it.
Mudlites are to soft and don't last plus they slide in corner to much.Hope that answers your question.:cool:

Mikehunt

Reaction score
I have alway's had bearclaws on the back for trails, I would go witha 22 inch tire for more clearance and gear it down 1 tooth on the front

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have alway's preferred the Pure Sport Realtors. I even like them on mine 87 LT250R. They are uni directional. The way the are pictured, are great for sand, and mud. Spin them to the opposite side, and good for hard pack, and and rocks. they have a hard side wall, and I have never puntured a good one.

But they are the worst tire, you'll ever own for snow/ice riding.

Just my :twocents:

Attachments

• DSCN0614.jpg
    DSCN0614.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Top Bottom