What’s a fair price on a new 2019 F350 Diesel?

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did I say any of that? I said depending on options it's close as far as a numbers game, but it's still stupid to be endlessly financing vehicles. It's always better to buy something in cash. Yes buying a new vehicle is a bad financial decision for the average person. It's a depreciating asset.

But feel free to stay on that hamster wheel forever buying new vehicles with someone else's money. The banks don't build those fancy buildings without people like you.

The price of the finance is built into the price of the vehicle. Whether you finance it or pay for it in nickels, it doesn't matter. But for some odd reason, you keep trying to act like you're some sort of financial wizard yammering on about depreciating assets. Do you know what my work and personal financial situation is? No. Do you know what anyone else's is? Not likely. So STFU because you're not making any semblance of sense. You talk so much chit that you can't even keep track of what you're spewing.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2009 it was only 79c though.

trucks are getting way nicer too and more tech in them.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2009 it was only 79c though.

trucks are getting way nicer too and more tech in them.

'09 the US was in the depths of the recession. Auto makers had to hold the line on pricing. Completely agree on what you're getting in a new one now and the trim levels. Performance too. everyone's diesel is way north of 400hp and either past or spitting at 1000ft/lbs.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'09 the US was in the depths of the recession. Auto makers had to hold the line on pricing. Completely agree on what you're getting in a new one now and the trim levels. Performance too. everyone's diesel is way north of 400hp and either past or spitting at 1000ft/lbs.

Yeah for sure. And all the new emissions stuff has to add to the price also.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The price of the finance is built into the price of the vehicle. Whether you finance it or pay for it in nickels, it doesn't matter. But for some odd reason, you keep trying to act like you're some sort of financial wizard yammering on about depreciating assets. Do you know what my work and personal financial situation is? No. Do you know what anyone else's is? Not likely. So STFU because you're not making any semblance of sense. You talk so much chit that you can't even keep track of what you're spewing.

Everyone is purchasing vehicles wrong. (Me included).
If you've (everyone in general) never heard of Dave Ramsey, then have a listen to what he has to say. And yes, he is a financial wizard. https://www.daveramsey.com/askdave/saving/the-car-rule

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This ^^^^
Go on line and build a regular cab 6.2 long box with 4x4 3500 SRW.
You can build a good truck for $40000 ish .
Nobody wants what a loaded truck was 20 years ago . Lol

Yeah we buy plain jane trucks for our fleet and they cost way less.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone is purchasing vehicles wrong. (Me included).
If you've (everyone in general) never heard of Dave Ramsey, then have a listen to what he has to say. And yes, he is a financial wizard. https://www.daveramsey.com/askdave/saving/the-car-rule

Ramsey is making the blanket assumption that everyone who finances a vehicle is over-leveraged in it. I know many are, but you know what they say about assumptions. If I lost my job tomorrow or something drastic happened to my income, I could turn around and sell my truck and have money in my pocket.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is a great counter to the debt adverse. Prime example is a business sitting on a mountain of cash that decides it's time for a big capital expenditure. Instead of borrowing the money, they dump it all into that project. Sitting back looking, "gee, we did all that without borrowing any money." Things turn and all of a sudden the economy starts to go south, they spent all their cash on the capital project and it's next to impossible to borrow money to keep the business running day to day through the rough patch. Perfect example of when it's fine to borrow as you can plan your cash flow around those payments and still have reserve.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of interesting financial thoughts in this thread .
I think I will just carry on as I have for years and let others do the big borrowing .
Wished interest rates would go up FFS .

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Government keeps borrowing and credit rating falls .
It will go up

What time frame you figure? I bet you 50$ we will see negative interest rates before we see them go up significantly.

Top Bottom