Most are paying above sticker price for new vehicles

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to two ford shops in my area about buying my truck. They said with the kms (244) they couldn’t buy it but they’d take it on trade.

I thought that was kinda weird but anyway, I decided to entertain a new rig for a split moment, I mentioned to both salesmen I have xplan. They both pretty much said discounts like that are not really a thing right now. Perhaps in a few years it’ll come back.

Side note anyone know of any brokers that buy deleted trucks?
Most will do xplan on a factory order and a few will do it on inventory but have to get away from Edmonton or Calgary big city dealers. I called all over Alberta and if you are a serious buyer ready make a deal some will give x plan.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most will do xplan on a factory order and a few will do it on inventory but have to get away from Edmonton or Calgary big city dealers. I called all over Alberta and if you are a serious buyer ready make a deal some will give x plan.
Thanks man, I’ll keep that in mind.

Def not needing to get into a 100k* rig anytime soon haha

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been riding this wave for the last 3 years. Flipping out a truck each year. Factory ordered each one. First two they still offered decent discounts. Last one, not as good, but the deal was still a money maker for me. Took about 4 to 5 months to get latest truck but in that time the value of the older truck kept going up. Making seriously good money each step of the way. Just took delivery of my 2022....was already worth about $2,000 more the day I drove it off the lot. Insane! My gut tells me this will be ending in the fall. Dealer too said he figures come November the ride is done. This could be my last truck....I'll see again in 6 months. Lol.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve been hearing the same for the last year… in 6 months it will be over. I see no signs of it being over. It’s actually gotten worse.

BTW China just locked down a city of 8 million the other day and there is WW3 in Ukraine…. By fall, the 6th wave will be here.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered a new suv for the wife on the weekend we paid msrp, I asked a few dealers if they were charging over they all said no but I have no idea if that's accurate, the wait time on her suv is 4 months and the other model she liked was 12 months. We bought new as the couple used models they had were more expensive that ordering new. What a time to be alive. Out of the 3 different manufactures we looked at not one of them had a vehicle in stock or one they could bring in, everything was order and wait or pay more for used and even the used was slim pickings.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered a new suv for the wife on the weekend we paid msrp, I asked a few dealers if they were charging over they all said no but I have no idea if that's accurate, the wait time on her suv is 4 months and the other model she liked was 12 months. We bought new as the couple used models they had were more expensive that ordering new. What a time to be alive. Out of the 3 different manufactures we looked at not one of them had a vehicle in stock or one they could bring in, everything was order and wait or pay more for used and even the used was slim pickings.
what did you order?

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what did you order?
We went out almost certain it was going to be a Ford Explorer ST and at the end of the day she ordered a Kia Sorento. Didn't think I would ever have a Kia in the driveway but I gotta say I was impressed.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went out almost certain it was going to be a Ford Explorer ST and at the end of the day she ordered a Kia Sorento. Didn't think I would ever have a Kia in the driveway but I gotta say I was impressed.
Kia is building some nice stuff now….and the warranty is tough to beat!

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uh no fleets don't buy Dodge's cause they don't work on the program for shipping south in 6 mnths . Serial number starts with 3 made in Mexico so they have to pay more tax to ship them
Talk to the brokers moving trucks south and they’ll tell you that they’re not interested in dodge because they don’t sell in the auctions down south. Nobody wants them. There’s a certain amount of interest in diesel duallies but only if they have a buyer lined up.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same. Wife wanted something smaller so just traded in her 7 passenger Sorento and bought a Forte5 GT Limited. Wasn't my first choice but after comparing options and performance and looks to other similarly priced, I was good with it. Paid MRSP and took 2 weeks to get it as it was already on the water.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to the brokers moving trucks south and they’ll tell you that they’re not interested in dodge because they don’t sell in the auctions down south. Nobody wants them. There’s a certain amount of interest in diesel duallies but only if they have a buyer lined up.

Still upset your wife left you for a Dodge owner?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know any brokers I could talk to about my deleted 6.7 psd?

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a Exporter. That is absolutely not true. Late model Ram product is tough for 2 reasons. 1. NO warranty . 2. 2500 and 3500 are built in Mexico and have a 25% tariff since USMCA replace Nafta. I buy a lot of 1/2 ton Ram product with a Vin that starts with a 1. and they are a great seller down south. If anybody has a late model truck (any brand) they want to sell call me. Ron 604 354 6061

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a Exporter. That is absolutely not true. Late model Ram product is tough for 2 reasons. 1. NO warranty . 2. 2500 and 3500 are built in Mexico and have a 25% tariff since USMCA replace Nafta. I buy a lot of 1/2 ton Ram product with a Vin that starts with a 1. and they are a great seller down south. If anybody has a late model truck (any brand) they want to sell call me. Ron 604 354 6061

Why you gotta destroy fireman's terrible argument with cold hard facts?

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That funny Ron because I talked to you about exporting some trucks and you told me that you weren’t interested in dodge trucks of any type…..and that was back in 2018 before USMCA…. you were $3k below what the other brokers were offering for the same trucks….

Last edited:
Top Bottom