What’s a fair price on a new 2019 F350 Diesel?

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you read what you write? I said no one is financing a vehicle at a TRUE 1.99%, which is fact. Because most people financing vehicles just have that money around and are investing it? Doubtful. Most do it because they want something right away and won't save, and end up in a endless loop of buying new vehicles every few years and never have any equity. Smart money people don't buy new vehicles unless they have a high net worth and the bad financial decision to buy a new vehicle isn't a big hit.

So you've been proven wrong that the actual cash credit to buy that vehicle isn't enough to warrant using cash, now you're arguing that new vehicles are a bad financial decision? Alrighty then, Skippy.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Look at the MSRP of those trucks!!! 101K for a SRW short box?? That truck on ford's build and price was only 85-90K to order new, let alone a year after its been sitting on the lot. If they raised the MSRP to $175k would you brag that you got it for $100k off??

I guess if you walk into a dealership totally uninformed, you might think that you're getting the deal of the century, but in reality..... far from it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's what they all do. ford, Chevy, dodge.

option for option, they are all about the same price...

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at the MSRP of those trucks!!! 101K for a SRW short box?? That truck on ford's build and price was only 85-90K to order new, let alone a year after its been sitting on the lot. If they raised the MSRP to $175k would you brag that you got it for $100k off??

I guess if you walk into a dealership totally uninformed, you might think that you're getting the deal of the century, but in reality..... far from it.

Nope your wrong, those are Limited edition F350,s they are a step up from my 19 Platinum F350 that listed for over 96k - I did not pay that tho.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope your wrong, those are Limited edition F350,s they are a step up from my 19 Platinum F350 that listed for over 96k - I did not pay that tho.

Neither one of those trucks pictured are limiteds.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I really can't tee this up for you any better.

https://www.niskuford.ca/inventory/New-2019-Ford-F-350-Super-Duty/374322

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And the platinum.
So what were you say about being uninformed?

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Here’s the window sticker you moron $100,194.

Attachments

• A8F7748C-61E8-4FCA-82B4-2E29BA405AB6.jpg
    A8F7748C-61E8-4FCA-82B4-2E29BA405AB6.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 118

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you've been proven wrong that the actual cash credit to buy that vehicle isn't enough to warrant using cash, now you're arguing that new vehicles are a bad financial decision? Alrighty then, Skippy.

Where did I say any of that? I said depending on options it's close as far as a numbers game, but it's still stupid to be endlessly financing vehicles. It's always better to buy something in cash. Yes buying a new vehicle is a bad financial decision for the average person. It's a depreciating asset.

But feel free to stay on that hamster wheel forever buying new vehicles with someone else's money. The banks don't build those fancy buildings without people like you.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here’s the window sticker you moron $100,194.

Since we’re name calling here, only some as stupid as you would pay that for a year+ old truck. The original post was from someone saying they could walk into the dealer and order exactly what he wanted in a current model year truck and get $20k off the price. We weren’t talking about a year+ old lot queen.

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$100k for just a pickup is ludicrous no matter what brand. Added taxes, documentation fees etc it skyrockets even more.
I don't understand why they cost so much, they are really nothing special, and made of the cheapest parts, by the lowest bidder, not good quality. Read about F350s with worn out front ends at only 20k kms so bad they death wobble regularly.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$100k for just a pickup is ludicrous no matter what brand. Added taxes, documentation fees etc it skyrockets even more.
I don't understand why they cost so much, they are really nothing special, and made of the cheapest parts, by the lowest bidder, not good quality. Read about F350s with worn out front ends at only 20k kms so bad they death wobble regularly.

Whoa there.. I agree with you the price of these trucks is through the roof.. as far as the nothing special? The new ford 350 is the most comfortable best handling F350 I have had ever. My brothers 2011 diesel had 340km on it with no front end work. 2017 is the new alumiduty and takes it to a new level. For reference I have owned every major development ford has had since 1986. I am currently working in a oilfield construction camp and if you need a picture of the parking lot let me know. 75% ford all day long.

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa there.. I agree with you the price of these trucks is through the roof.. as far as the nothing special? The new ford 350 is the most comfortable best handling F350 I have had ever. My brothers 2011 diesel had 340km on it with no front end work. 2017 is the new alumiduty and takes it to a new level. For reference I have owned every major development ford has had since 1986. I am currently working in a oilfield construction camp and if you need a picture of the parking lot let me know. 75% ford all day long.

Wasn't meant as a Ford bash, my company pickups are ford F350 pickups. They just don't seem special enough to cost 100k is all. Now if they had fold out wings and flew to, then hell ya.
But it's just a pickup.
And glad he got 340k kms on the original front end, I seem to be doing front end work regularly to mine. I gave up on buying diesels and now have the 6.2 in most of them, looking forward to good reviews on this new 7.3 and if its reliable in a year or so, I will probably start ordering them instead of the 6.2

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since we’re name calling here, only some as stupid as you would pay that for a year+ old truck. The original post was from someone saying they could walk into the dealer and order exactly what he wanted in a current model year truck and get $20k off the price. We weren’t talking about a year+ old lot queen.
Lol.
Oh no I have to drive this ****ty left over limited f350 for the same price I could get a 2020 xlt.

How many km on your 2020?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you the 6.2 is disappointing on many levels IMO. Hopefully the 7.3 is better. Myself I really like my 6.7 diesel. What is your line of work that you go through front ends so frequently?

Wasn't meant as a Ford bash, my company pickups are ford F350 pickups. They just don't seem special enough to cost 100k is all. Now if they had fold out wings and flew to, then hell ya.
But it's just a pickup.
And glad he got 340k kms on the original front end, I seem to be doing front end work regularly to mine. I gave up on buying diesels and now have the 6.2 in most of them, looking forward to good reviews on this new 7.3 and if its reliable in a year or so, I will probably start ordering them instead of the 6.2

Top Bottom