What’s a fair price on a new 2019 F350 Diesel?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The price of the finance is built into the price of the vehicle. Whether you finance it or pay for it in nickels, it doesn't matter. But for some odd reason, you keep trying to act like you're some sort of financial wizard yammering on about depreciating assets. Do you know what my work and personal financial situation is? No. Do you know what anyone else's is? Not likely. So STFU because you're not making any semblance of sense. You talk so much chit that you can't even keep track of what you're spewing.

I am just going to be nice here, though i'm not sure why. Funny thing if you liked Cardon's advice you'd listen to me ;)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

He's taking Ramsey's advice out of context. He never says not to borrow to buy a house. He never says people who borrow to buy multiple properties are wrong. His biggest no is about stupid debt, like vehicles. His advice is more geared towards stupid people who fit into the 99%. The 1% who are actually smart don't need his advice anyway.

Cardone's advice is just common sense, or so I thought.

This is a great counter to the debt adverse. Prime example is a business sitting on a mountain of cash that decides it's time for a big capital expenditure. Instead of borrowing the money, they dump it all into that project. Sitting back looking, "gee, we did all that without borrowing any money." Things turn and all of a sudden the economy starts to go south, they spent all their cash on the capital project and it's next to impossible to borrow money to keep the business running day to day through the rough patch. Perfect example of when it's fine to borrow as you can plan your cash flow around those payments and still have reserve.

So you're going to try and compare an individuals financial situation to a large companies? First off, no company would EVER dump all their cash into anything and not have a good reserve in the bank to cover expenses. That is the dumbest thing to say ever. Guess what the really successful companies do? Hoard cash then in slow times they build chit for cheap, buy up smaller companies etc at pennies on the dollar. Yes debt is a part of most companies, but too much debt kills them. Ramseys advice is towards individuals and small business owners, that's it. Which large amounts of debt if not done properly will kill you.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's taking Ramsey's advice out of context. He never says not to borrow to buy a house. He never says people who borrow to buy multiple properties are wrong. His biggest no is about stupid debt, like vehicles. His advice is more geared towards stupid people who fit into the 99%. The 1% who are actually smart don't need his advice anyway.

Cardone's advice is just common sense, or so I thought.

If Cardones advice were common sense more people would be buying cash flow real estate. Specifically Mutli family homes, not single units....

But if you are a financial idiot and live pay check to pay check, then yes Dave Ramsey is the man...lol

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Cadones advice were common sense more people would be buying cash flow real estate. Specifically Mutli family homes, not single units....

But if you are a financial idiot and live pay check to pay check, then yes Dave Ramsey is the man...lol

Well I personally like that it's not, means more money to make for me. Single units have done me well. But thinking an apartment building will be in the works for the next one.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Cardones advice were common sense more people would be buying cash flow real estate. Specifically Mutli family homes, not single units....

Timing is everything , especially in Real Estate. And multi unit investments aren’t for everyone , except of course property management companies , they love them. Not everyone can handle managing multi unit issues, some can , some do better with sing,e family , depends on you. Far different animal managing properties with suites or multi tenanted units, double the nipumber of tenants quadruple the number of expected problems eventually . Way way oversimplified to just say multi unit real estate is the best investment for everyone. Long term ownership of properties managed by property management can usually be identified by experienced investors quite quickly over something managed by the owner, and usually will realize far less on resale. Some investors look for monthly income over accelerated debt repayment , some look to use the income to offset the debt repayment , sometimes even causing a longer repayment with the goal of full repayment at retirement , then sell,and enjoy the proceeds of sale or the monthly income during retirement. But reality , there have been a lot of people who have done very well with real estate revenue properties , both commercial ,industrial and residential , but there are a ton of folks and corps that have lost huge also. Especially in Western Canada with the volatility in O & G and lumber industry . Talk to the people who had leveraged properties in the early 80’s , the people who,presently own Calgary office space, Ft Mac real estate, Dayton Valley . Timing and location is everything !

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timing is everything , especially in Real Estate. And multi unit investments aren’t for everyone , except of course property management companies , they love them. Not everyone can handle managing multi unit issues, some can , some do better with sing,e family , depends on you. Far different animal managing properties with suites or multi tenanted units, double the nipumber of tenants quadruple the number of expected problems eventually . Way way oversimplified to just say multi unit real estate is the best investment for everyone. Long term ownership of properties managed by property management can usually be identified by experienced investors quite quickly over something managed by the owner, and usually will realize far less on resale. Some investors look for monthly income over accelerated debt repayment , some look to use the income to offset the debt repayment , sometimes even causing a longer repayment with the goal of full repayment at retirement , then sell,and enjoy the proceeds of sale or the monthly income during retirement. But reality , there have been a lot of people who have done very well with real estate revenue properties , both commercial ,industrial and residential , but there are a ton of folks and corps that have lost huge also. Especially in Western Canada with the volatility in O & G and lumber industry . Talk to the people who had leveraged properties in the early 80’s , the people who,presently own Calgary office space, Ft Mac real estate, Dayton Valley . Timing and location is everything !

definetly not the best investment for everyone. my dad invests in his company, my grandparents invested in there farm and buisiness.

grant cardone say multi family is the way to go.

most people don't invest in chit. that's why are guys keep coming back to work. cause they need the pay check.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Timing the market as far as buying rentals isn't as big of deal as you should be it in for the long game, at least 20+ years. Hiring a management company is stupid IMO as it's not that much work to do yourself and they charge a fortune, and I doubt many do a good job. I've been managing my 3 single family units for 4 years now and haven't had much for issues. Had to track down and sue one tenant for rent/damages but found them. Multi-unit has one big advantage, vacancy rate. With my 3 houses it's either 100%, or 66%, thankfully never had less. That is a pretty big hit. Say you have even 10 units, 90% isn't a bad, even 80% and if it's an apartment it's likely you have 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom units so you can advertise them for rent more of the time and keep vacancy rates low, can't do that with single family. The other benefit to apartments is you are onsite or have a manager who is around a lot so you can see problem tenants easier/quicker. Also easier to evict tenants who don't want to leave. The other thing I like about rentals in general is if you buy low or even decent price, you can rent and if the market goes insane you can sell them all and wait until the bottom falls out and buy basically the same units again at 15-20% discount. Don't have to, but it's always an option. I plan to dump all mine if the market ever goes crazy again.

I wouldn't ever consider any sort of rentals that weren't residential. In most cases you're only renting to a company who can just close up and move leaving you on the hook, all you got is a damage deposit and in some cases they just don't pay last months rent and skip out. Plus you're always tracking down rent. Talked to my landlord for my yard and he says probably 5% of tenants it's nearly every month or two they are late. Even if you have a personal guarantee from owner it's still hard to re-coup the money. Harder to rent them, harder to finance to purchase, and it's a lot of money to get started. I know of a few who bought the property years ago for nothing and make insane amounts on it, but trying to buy now? I wouldn't consider it. I rent my yard, I couldn't buy it for what I pay.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timing the market as far as buying rentals isn't as big of deal as you should be it in for the long game, at least 20+ years. Hiring a management company is stupid IMO as it's not that much work to do yourself and they charge a fortune, and I doubt many do a good job. I've been managing my 3 single family units for 4 years now and haven't had much for issues. Had to track down and sue one tenant for rent/damages but found them. Multi-unit has one big advantage, vacancy rate. With my 3 houses it's either 100%, or 66%, thankfully never had less. That is a pretty big hit. Say you have even 10 units, 90% isn't a bad, even 80% and if it's an apartment it's likely you have 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom units so you can advertise them for rent more of the time and keep vacancy rates low, can't do that with single family. The other benefit to apartments is you are onsite or have a manager who is around a lot so you can see problem tenants easier/quicker. Also easier to evict tenants who don't want to leave. The other thing I like about rentals in general is if you buy low or even decent price, you can rent and if the market goes insane you can sell them all and wait until the bottom falls out and buy basically the same units again at 15-20% discount. Don't have to, but it's always an option. I plan to dump all mine if the market ever goes crazy again.

I wouldn't ever consider any sort of rentals that weren't residential. In most cases you're only renting to a company who can just close up and move leaving you on the hook, all you got is a damage deposit and in some cases they just don't pay last months rent and skip out. Plus you're always tracking down rent. Talked to my landlord for my yard and he says probably 5% of tenants it's nearly every month or two they are late. Even if you have a personal guarantee from owner it's still hard to re-coup the money. Harder to rent them, harder to finance to purchase, and it's a lot of money to get started. I know of a few who bought the property years ago for nothing and make insane amounts on it, but trying to buy now? I wouldn't consider it. I rent my yard, I couldn't buy it for what I pay.

so how much of the gain on your residential investment properties is negated up by the rent you pay for your yard ? And yes I realize that it’s a business expense, but I assume you are the sole owner of your business.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol that and if people were as good with money as they portray in this thread they probably wouldn't be posting and arguing about youtube videos on finance and telling people how to spend their money.

could be some truth to that?

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine his a deer with his. He showed me the pics and I thought it was not bad. He told me tonight its 10g to repair. The headlight is 2g and the grill is 4g.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep old lumber wagon,,, lots of gear oil and diesel fuel on frame and panels to slow down rust...

Hopefully i get another 30 years out of it... Ha...

My old friend has 7 new trucks in his shed,,, he bought them incase his old unit goes down...

His 1968 Ford 1 ton is still his daily driver,,, $900 used he paided in 1970 for it... 2.7 million miles,,, bent and twisted on all 5 corners,,, most of it is laying on the roads across western Canada... lol

51 years and its still running...

Best $900 he ever spent,,, did you know that $900 dollars was alot of money back then...

His pops bought the family farm 1/4 for that same price in 1928,,, the next year it was worth nothing when the great deprestion hit...

I keep my old unit running,,, best bang for my buck...

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol that and if people were as good with money as they portray in this thread they probably wouldn't be posting and arguing about youtube videos on finance and telling people how to spend their money.

well I don’t think anyone was “telling “ you how to spend your money , just sharing ideas and experiences. If there’s nothing of value in any of the discussions in your opinion, that’s unfortunate but maybe it’ll help someone else trying to decide what’s right for them .

Top Bottom