Water Wetter?? Any good???

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 brute force.
It gets pretty hot sometimes so does water wetter make a difference?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My pal uses it and he says it seems to run cooler. I have the same machine and mine DEFINATELY runs cooler than his and I run Engine Ice Coolant. Engine Ice - F.A.Q

Speederz

Reaction score
Something like this?
yhst-62631657248580_2098_119404

loffelbein88

Reaction score
i use something thing similar to water weter,its made by DEI and called radiator relief.claims to lower temps up to 30 degrees cooler,I put it in my banshee and before i did riding in mud/trail low speed i would over heat.after installin it.quad does not over heat anymore.So i woul say it works.

loffelbein88

Reaction score
het honda310r.do the yfz a arms just fit in the stock mounts.or what do you have to do to fit them.also what about in the spindle

hihi962

Reaction score
it's doesn't make it run cooler then water, it is equal to deionized water, all it does is raise boil over temp of the water to above 100 degC. has a way better co-efficient for cooling then glycol, but it does freeze at 0 degC.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run some in my rhino, and a friend runs it in his BF650,..

Before adding any of that stuff,. you should thoroughly clean the rad and make sure it is free of dirt.

mudhunter

Reaction score
Best way to flush a rad?

Any opinions? Should I remove it or just do it in position?

I've considered silmilar products but am worried about winter... I've read that it dilutes the freeze temp (I know it's spring butdon't want to get caught freezin in freezin temps....been there with a trailer)

Mudhunter

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best way to flush a rad?

Any opinions? Should I remove it or just do it in position?

I've considered silmilar products but am worried about winter... I've read that it dilutes the freeze temp (I know it's spring but don't want to get caught freezin in freezin temps....been there with a trailer)

Mudhunter

I just removed my rad and cleaned the outside good with a pressure washer, but don't spray too close and bend your fins,.. use common sense

Last edited:

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never tried the additive i learned by experience that the best way to clean a rad is to take it out soak it for awhile in your wifes best tupperware tube this started to be a pain in the arse so we mounted the rads on the front we did 5 polaries 2 kawis and a suzy no more problems

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

not to rain on your parade but did you happen to read any of the comments following this "test". sounds like it provides benefits on cars that may be outside of this test. mainly to race cars that cannot run antifreeze. maybe do a little more reading, before putting this test forward as the gospel.

water wetter performance with anti freeze is close to nil, it's made to run with straight water. engine ice, is an anti freeze solution, that will add cooling to your vehicle, athough come winter you had better drain it, as it's only good to -26 F, did i say cracked blocks. they do not recommend adding antifreeze, but engine ice is the better product by far.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
engine ice, is an anti freeze solution, that will add cooling to your vehicle, athough come winter you had better drain it, as it's only good to -26 F, did i say cracked blocks.

I started using engine ice in my Grizz's and haven't overheaded since. However, I didn't really pay attention to the freezing point. ...better keep an eye on the temperature in my garage - sounds like I may have gotten lucky during that cold spell this past winter.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only said it because I have seen people do it. Most people know this. Not directed at you.:eek::beer:

mudhunter

Reaction score
Every body learns from mistakes.... Some, how to. Some, how not...

I've learned a lot from experience.... Good and bad...

Mudhunter:beer:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a wand for car rads from snap on it goes on a garden hose and works great.

It is like a 1/4 inch pipe and the water sprays 90% to side of pipe.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah yes Snap on:rolleyes: Cool tools at a king price:d No I am not bashing Snap on I just wish I was a KING!!;):d

Top Bottom