Looking for skinny nasty water in Western Canada

Stryker

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking for some nasty skinny water in British Columbia and the Yukon. I am wanting to do a video running 10 or 15 rank, rivers, late spring or early summer this year. I am wanting to film the trip for promotional purposes. Any good location suggestions?
Thank you.

RBS145

Reaction score
Red Deer River upstream of Coal camp road towards Yaha Tinda, Castle River up to the Beaver mines area.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sugar lake up towards greenbush can be fun and skinny
and below mable lake can be shallow seen a few wrecked boats in there

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look on YouTube, the boys from Bentz came up to the NW a few years ago and found some great water that I guarantee no boat has been on before or even since. The Nass from start to finish is wild but more of a canyon than it is skinny water, skid mentioned the Telkwa and yes a good option there, Kildalla out of kitimat can be fun same as the upper morice after August

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come up Mad River Rapid on the North Thompson by Clearwater

aadbb2090efa8c64ef156800ce72d905.jpg

She’s pretty skinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mad River bridge on the North Thompson River where the Mad River comes in, just north of Vavenby, BC

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top end of the clearwater river running east of fort mcmurray, 60 miles upstream from town, all limestone and shale. 12 miles from the start to the bottom of whitemud falls.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Given your requirements, i would suggest the Blaeberry river and the Kicking horse. we have plowed both on the 17' jet but it can get skinny fast for that. Your promo video of that type of boat can go a long way.

Blaeberry river, put in abouve the waterfalls. from there you can probably go as far as thompson pass which would put you into Jasper park.

Kicking horse river, put in are the 10mi rest stop and go up stream from there. i would suspect you could go as far as the cascade falls.

With that type of boating in your promo video, theres a ton if rivers like that around Revelstoke and golden.

IMO alberta has the best big boat (alum haul +15') rivers to hit though with all kids of experiences

Top Bottom