forum newbie looking for some good trails!

Miss_Mud

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to the site and am looking for some good ATV trails in the Valemount/Blue River area. I'm wanting to surprise my fiancee with a little mountain getaway for his birthday in October. I was thinking of booking at either Willow Burl Cabins or Bone Creek. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thx!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Snow and Mud! Fiancee, eh? Sorry, only have time for the single ladies. :)

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of those trails are FSR's. The Sea to Sky trial is pretty cool - dress warm, cause it's usually pretty chilli (f'n freezing) up top. The Ptarmigan trail is my favorite so far - totally beautiful and not gravel road. That said, I headed to Valemount a couple years ago just to check out the Ptarmigan valley only to find that the trail was impassible due to a washed out bridge and subsequent rock slide. ...so, you may want to contact VARDA before you go.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on if it's late or early October you might be pretty limited to the higher elevation roads due to snow.

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
canoe mtn is very scenic but the ride up is nothing all that special, very rough slow going rocky terrain. and there will likely be snow up top so?

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
If you head out early enough you could do that range as well as the family trail across the hwy both in one day. I cant recall the exact name of the family trail, but that a bit nicer of a trail run and you end up going past a cool cabin that makes for a nice rest stop on that run.

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
Fraser-Fort George H-20120914-00048.jpg

shredder.fortmac

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have the route saved on my gps. I will check it out later. I am bad with names but it was a logging road for the good part and the ride in total was about 4-5 hours but we were exploring the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss_Mud

Reaction score
Thx everyone for the tips on trails but I ended up booking Cheechako Cabins out by Nordegg. Does anyone know any good trails out there? All I've been able to find is Baldy Mountain; is that a good ride?

Top Bottom