Nakusp Utv trails

bigjeffh

Reaction score
We are planning a trip to Nakusp this summer for an UTV getaway. We were looking to stay at the Bear Ridge Cabins just outside of town. I'm looking for advice on awesome scenic atv trails. I've been told that we should do the Huckleberry Trail (abandoned rail line) but I cant find any information on it. I also searched on here and found information on the Ghost Town of Sandon which is about 60km's away. Does anyone else have some pointers or any other information on trails in the area?
Thanks,
Jeff

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nakusp is an awesome little town my wife and I went up there dirt biking a couple years ago my best advise is buy a bc backroad map found at gas stations an visitor info centers best 30 bucks you will spend on the trip. It Will give u good info in trails In the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are planning a trip to Nakusp this summer for an UTV getaway. We were looking to stay at the Bear Ridge Cabins just outside of town. I'm looking for advice on awesome scenic atv trails. I've been told that we should do the Huckleberry Trail (abandoned rail line) but I cant find any information on it. I also searched on here and found information on the Ghost Town of Sandon which is about 60km's away. Does anyone else have some pointers or any other information on trails in the area?
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff, Take a trip over to quads.ca. out of the Vancouver Area. lots of BC stuff on there.

Bruce.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bigjeffh, I have never been in this area but this is what I found some time ago talking with the group at quads.ca. The Trout Lakes Area looks real good. A GPS unit would work well for you for this trip. I have a pdf file for this area but is is too large to post on this forum, do a search for Trout Lake, BC.

Bruce.

Attachments

• SILVER CUP RIDGE,TROUT LAKE AREA..jpg
    SILVER CUP RIDGE,TROUT LAKE AREA..jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 438
  • Sivercup 2.jpg
    Sivercup 2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 421

bigjeffh

Reaction score
bigjeffh, I have never been in this area but this is what I found some time ago talking with the group at quads.ca. The Trout Lakes Area looks real good. A GPS unit would work well for you for this trip. I have a pdf file for this area but is is too large to post on this forum, do a search for Trout Lake, BC.

Bruce.

Thanks for the info Bruce! I printed off numerous maps in the area. It seems there are a lot of awesome trails. Now I just need to find one with some abandoned mines that we could explore!!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Sorry to bust in, but we are planning on spending some time in BC and have been doing some research into where really good trails are for quadding and if there are any random camping spots in this area. Thanks in advance

Top Bottom