Cabin Booked in Nordgg, any good trail maps?

Kramsuitnop

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a cabin booked up shunda creek road near nordegg in a few weeks, my question is, where can i get decent maps for all the trails there? i have used the "bighorn backcountry" map in the past, but have found it doesnt actually show all the trails, i use the polaris rider x app to track my ride but no trails are actually programmed on there from other riders..
if anyone could point me in the right direction to find good trail maps or an app that has routes pre marked on it, that would be great, i would love to be able to take a trail to a waterfall or something senic, as i am going with 5 others who have never been and they will be looking to me to show them where to go, which i have only been 1 time so i am extremely new to the area as it is, thanks in advance,

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I will be there the first two weeks of August. Maybe we can explore together !

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Is this the road pretty well straight north of Nordegg? If it is there are trails all in that area, I think most are kind of random, don't really go anywhere. It has been almost 10years since we last rode there, things may have changed. There was a trail that goes around Baldy and Coliseum mountain that takes a casual day to do. You can also trailer the quads west about 15 minutes and ride the Bighorn Dam area. There is also Crescent Falls that you can ride to from across the Bighorn Dam area( access the trail west of dam entrance along highway and then trail starts on north side, just follow the tracks along highway. If you end up on the correct trail, you do cross Bighorn River you will eventually end up by the Crescent Falls parking lot. from there you walk to see falls, all day ride, the first 10 kms on this trail straight from the highway is pretty rough. After that pretty easy.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do a search on rocky nordegg rail line. Hadster on here has some great trail maps he made pm him.

rens27

Reaction score
Stop at the gas station in nordegg. They have free trail maps up by the cash register.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't done it yet, but you can ride right from the Nordegg to the dam. Pluz maps show the trails to the dam:

You can also head East towards Rocky. You can hop on the old rail line right from the South, East end of town and explore.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see linda at upper shundra camp ground,she has trail maps,we just spent 10 days there lots of trails,lots of skeet

Top Bottom