Any one use All Trails App?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I downloaded another paid subscription GPS, (because Gaia and Wikiloc just aren't enough).

We went up Lavina look out yesterday. I mapped it with Wikiloc going up. It mapped goofy. Didn't follow the roads. Made a lot of straight lines when there wasn't any.

And I mapped it with All trails coming down. At the bottom I saved it.
But it only shows up in my profile. It doesn't show up as a public map. All my settings are public.
Am I doing something wrong?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I downloaded another paid subscription GPS, (because Gaia and Wikiloc just aren't enough).

We went up Lavina look out yesterday. I mapped it with Wikiloc going up. It mapped goofy. Didn't follow the roads. Made a lot of straight lines when there wasn't any.

And I mapped it with All trails coming down. At the bottom I saved it.
But it only shows up in my profile. It doesn't show up as a public map. All my settings are public.
Am I doing something wrong?
ya, buying apps without doing your home work. There s a lot of ch!t out there

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use it. What do you mean show up as public? Did you link it to the established trail you were on? I think if you're making a 'new' track that isn't in the Alltrails system you have to submit it.

Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use it. What do you mean show up as public? Did you link it to the established trail you were on? I think if you're making a 'new' track that isn't in the Alltrails system you have to submit it.
I mapped my route down from Lavina. But when I look on the map under explore. The tracks aren't there. However they are saved in my profile.

Screenshot_20230802_082801_AllTrails.jpg

So when I go explore map. This is Lavina. The 3 trails shown at the bottom are 3 different trails. I assumed my trail would also show up there.

Screenshot_20230802_082837_AllTrails.jpg

This is my trail. When I open my profile. I can look at it. When I flip through all my settings everything is set to public. Which should mean anyone else using this app should be able to see this trail and follow it should they want.

I did try linking it to a nearby trail. (JUMBO PASS). My review rating can be seen under Jumbo passes reviews. But not my tracks

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine if every track everyone recorded as public showed up automatically? It would be a mess.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's how Gaia kinda works.
I don't find it that messy.
Screenshot_20230802_090539_Gaia GPS.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_090556_Gaia GPS.jpg

But I do get what you are saying.
I played around a bit more in All Trails this morning. Found a suggest new trail button
So I did that
Assuming it goes to the All Trails creaters and they can choose whether or not to add it.

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I was looking at getting the Wikiloc, do you recommend it ?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I was looking at getting the Wikiloc, do you recommend it ?
I'm still learning it.
I like it for pulling maps into Gaia.
Any time I'm taking the Jeep or quad somewhere. I go on Wikiloc and upload the tracks from others to Gaia.
Screenshot_20230730_191256_Gaia GPS.jpg

So the red tracks above are ones I've pulled from Wikiloc into Gaia. I have not tried these trails yet.

Screenshot_20230802_220312_Wikiloc.jpg

My 1st attempt using Wikiloc to build a track. I didn't like that it seemed to loose me. It tracked some straight lines where the roads were curvy. And it cut off a set of switch backs. Not sure why.
The odd time I'd open my phone and it's froze up. Two buttons on read resume tracking. The other said finish track. Neither would work. I'd clear all aps on my phone and it would work again.
Hard to explain. Could be my phones old
Screenshot_20230802_220328_Wikiloc.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_220341_Wikiloc.jpg

I'll keep playing with it. See if I can't learn it better.

I find for Jeeping or ATV trails to me it's worth it. Seem to find the most on it.
But for it to properly work. People need to use it
They need to track and record their tracks. When that stops. It won't be worth it.

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the app last week. Was going to give it a try. Download it to my gps and see how it goes. I never heyof the galia I’ll have to check it out

Top Bottom