Video camera options?

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for input on a good video camera for sledding. What do people have and what are good? Thanks for the input. PS. Hand held, not a Go Pro.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just bought a contour plus...... we'll see how it fairs when i put it through its paces this weekend

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't go wrong with anything sony, just have to decide if you want a hard drive model or flash memory. they make a few models with a super slo motion feature that lets you record at 300 frames per second for 5 or 10 seconds, and plays it back in a 30 second liquid smooth "mythbusters" slow motion clip. awesome for jumps and cornice drops, etc....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
can't go wrong with anything sony, just have to decide if you want a hard drive model or flash memory. they make a few models with a super slo motion feature that lets you record at 300 frames per second for 5 or 10 seconds, and plays it back in a 30 second liquid smooth "mythbusters" slow motion clip. awesome for jumps and cornice drops, etc....

When I bought my newest camera, Canon SX30IS, I actually brought home a Sony first. It was sweet with all the nice features but a pain to work with after the day was done. Special card, special cables, hell the salesperson didn't even sell me a card that fit the camera.

If you're willing to work with the Sony "system" then go for it as they doo have great cameras.....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I bought my newest camera, Canon SX30IS, I actually brought home a Sony first. It was sweet with all the nice features but a pain to work with after the day was done. Special card, special cables, hell the salesperson didn't even sell me a card that fit the camera.

If you're willing to work with the Sony "system" then go for it as they doo have great cameras.....
I'm a sony mark....I have 3 sony camcorders, 3 sony digital cameras, 2 sony computers, 2 sony flatscreen bravia tv's....I'm down with the sony "system" :D

if I didn't have a sony camcorder, canon would definitely be my next choice. I believe they are the only company that builds their own lenses, and exclusive to them.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm a sony mark....I have 3 sony camcorders, 3 sony digital cameras, 2 sony computers, 2 sony flatscreen bravia tv's....I'm down with the sony "system" :D

if I didn't have a sony camcorder, canon would definitely be my next choice. I believe they are the only company that builds their own lenses, and exclusive to them.

that's what makes the world go around, eh!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Canon point and shoot this past spring here. Can't remember the model number, but its a 16 gb camera. Takes amazing pictures, and is really slim. Don't even notice it in my pocket.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a canon t2i dslr, I like it. Takes some getting used to but it rocks.

---
- Sent from my white iPhone 4

gdvross

Reaction score
Just wondering how you like your Contour Plus what_next? I've been thinking about the Contour HD, that would be fancy enough for me .And I'm a computor bone head so simple is good !

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Canon HF200 and the image stabilization is terrible...go Sony!

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a little FUJI water proof camera/video that works great!

Last edited:
Top Bottom