162 replacement track options

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My track is racking up the KM's so what are some good options in the 162-165 range for a replacement track? Or is staying with the factory track the best for these sleds? Changing drivers is an option if needed.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I vote for stock power claw

I put a 9220M on my and wish I’d stuck with power claw

Doesn’t feel like it bites as hard and it definitely folds over coming down hill I lost a lot of braking

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_4294.jpeg

I put the the 3.25 on mine it definitely has advantages in deep snow. Has about 2500km no rips or lugs missing so handles the power well. After seeing my friends boost 165 with a lynx track that’s what I would try now. The 3.5 pitch is a better design then a 3inch pitch it just bits better you mentioned changing drivers so that’s what I would do

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard good things about the Doo track and I dont mind changing drivers, just curious how it would have the torque of the 4 stroke.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think with 250 plus horse and going 3.5 pitch. The problem would be getting it in there and being able to still run a 7 tooth driver. I don’t think I would want to run a 6 tooth driver with big horse power. Not enough cogs in at one.
6 tooth 3.5 driver same diameter as 7 Tooth 3 pitch

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think with 250 plus horse and going 3.5 pitch. The problem would be getting it in there and being able to still run a 7 tooth driver. I don’t think I would want to run a 6 tooth driver with big horse power. Not enough cogs in at one.
6 tooth 3.5 driver same diameter as 7 Tooth 3 pitch

This guy swapped the 3.5 pitch into a Cat with 7 tooth drivers, so it does fit.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perfect that’s what I would do and try the 9448m track . No experience with this but that’s what I want to put under my 4 stoke project

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy put a 9220M on his winder last year after ripping a stock track, it folds over pretty good.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy put a 9220M on his winder last year after ripping a stock track, it folds over pretty good.

I have a buddy with that track as well and dislikes it. Said stock track was way better.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also can’t remember number. The 3” 3 pitch fully clipped sawtooth
camoplast works well. It’s a heavy
Track but doesn’t fold. Dad has a 174” on his turbo apex

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 9115M is a turbo specific track, Camoplast made that track for high hp 4stroke sleds using 3" pitch. The lugs are stiff and won't fold under load and weight like most all other tracks.
Unfortunately it only comes as a 174x16. If your running the 9115m it requires cutting to 15"unless your installing under a Doo.
IMO, its too stiff for most lighter 2strokes, even if its turboed and running it will rob the sled of track speed in certain conditions, better suited for a 4stroke turbo.
If your running the OE 162 on a Winder, it will be trial and error unfortunately, look for a fully clipped and stiff lug track and hope for the best results.
IMO forget about the 3.5" lug, unless all you like is climbing, the handling and maneuverability will suffer, the extra 1/2" doesn't allow for enough track slippage turning the sled more into a straight line tractor.

I was given two 9115M tracks as part of their testing program. Chad at CR was sent half a dozen of these to install on high hp 4strokes for testing and I was one of the testers.
The first one I delaminated it very quickly, the second one stood the test of time and I sold the sled with it still in place. I don't believe now Camso will make any track to meet high powered 4strokes in the mountain segment, as 4stroke are no longer makeable for most. I heard that the 9115M is produce in very limited numbers and eventually may no longer be available.
Not that it matters if you have a 162
Yes the 9115m is a heavy track, heaviest mountain track available, about 10lbs heavier then its closest rival. In general a 174 sled running this track will be 20lbs heavier then a 162 equipped one.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found the opposite with the 9220 I put on mine, felt like I was adding horsepower. I never really cared for the powerclaw on the
It’s hard to compare because it’s never apples to apples

Sled mods make big changes
Snow conditions etc

First test ride local I thought the track was awesome at the lake it hooked like nothing else

Maybe I’m hard on it because my winder is a pig 🐽 (heaviest in our group) might play into it

Be nice to be able to run it back to back same sled same hill but that will never happen

I bought my based off your post 😂
No regrets thought I’d try something new because I’d wrecked my power claw

old700

Reaction score
I ran the Composit M770 in my Sidewinder all last season. Was pretty happy with it overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom