Dash camera suggestions please.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a cover your ass thing for me. Besides, if you can catch a dramatic incident you can make some money off the clips. This one's made me a few bucks.

Realized you were driving a big boys truck too. Not many roads are three lanes wide.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Realized you were driving a big boys truck too. Not many roads are three lanes wide.
Especially logging trucks many don't know that the small guy has to move not the big guy. I come to a stop myself as i have has a few close ones, but these trucks must use the crown of the road and are unable to move over due to top heavy loads. Wish many urbanites that venture out in the back country would understand this though as ,
many do not. Could have went sideways in that video very fast, there were some angels on drivers sides that day amen.:)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It could have went a lot different. All season long they have truck loads of gravel at the steepest part of the hill on my side going up on the shoulder of the road, the grader takes a swipe out of it to drag some up onto the road every time he makes a pass. The piles were all used up, and it was a nice smooth extra lane for me to drive on pretty much in the ditch to avoid having to put her in the rhubarb to avoid the collision. It was the passing log truck drivers first day. It also ended up being his last.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would the guy he was passing give him the all clear to pass? That much blowing snow he was taking a chance just trying it in the first place.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would the guy he was passing give him the all clear to pass? That much blowing snow he was taking a chance just trying it in the first place.
No, the guy passing was was lost in the snow dust and didn't realize he was approaching the hill. It's pretty steep, trucks are usually slowed to about 30-40 kph going down at the steepest part and he broke over the top doing 80 kph. it's a right hand curve coming down and then a sharp-ish left curve at the bottom onto a single lane bridge. Any faster than 60 kph loaded and you can't make the corner at the bottom. This guy came flying up behind the other guy and got hard on the binders when he saw him, he made it by between us and got it slowed enough to make the corner onto the bridge, but couldn't get it back into gear. He coasted across the bridge, came to a stop on the hill, had no brakes left, came down backwards, and put the rear of the trailer into the rhubarb just before the bridge and blocked the haul road. They had to walk a loader 17 kms to unload some logs to get him off the road to open it up again. Road was shut down for about 4 hrs...if he'd have made the shift, there would have only been three of us that knew what happened.

Top Bottom