Vechicle backup camara

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many of you have installed a vechicle backup camara? Do the after market ones work well, which ones are recommended. I saw Costco had a Winplus system on sale, any feed back.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't comment on the aftermarket ones as mine is OEM. I can say they are worth every penny if your backing up to trailers often; once you know what it looks like, you will be able to park the ball under the hitch every time on the first attempt.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a Costco/C-Tire special (about $99) and it was crap. Narrow filed of view. Do yourself a favour and get a good one with a wide angle lens so you can really see what's there.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I can't comment on the aftermarket ones as mine is OEM. I can say they are worth every penny if your backing up to trailers often; once you know what it looks like, you will be able to park the ball under the hitch every time on the first attempt.

Garry, My truck was first build and I guess that was not an option so early. Dragonlady has that on her truck and its slick. Ive almost got it down pat backing up to the enclosed trailer, Know exactly when to stop and ususlly come withen 1" of the pin on the first try. It would still help though. With the fifth wheel hitch this wouldn't help, but thats simple to back into.:d

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I have that on my truck, only been used twice for trailer hauling but more in the future [when I get a trailer]. It came installed from the dealership, with the clearest camera in the rear view mirror. Its 800.00 option. I think its a great feature, Now loading a trailer is sweet.!!and easy so I should be able to do it.LOLOLOL

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is off the subject what about a camera on the back of the fifth to watch over our toys when heading down the road

Top Bottom