tying dogs to bumpers in staging areas

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with everybody on hear, the one thing about sled dogs is that people that own sled dogs would not be up here sleeding. There are times and places for pets to tag along, watch out for this guy on the hill. View attachment 118045lol

Looks like a horse for a hobbit. Where's Bogger when you need him?

SnowMudder

Reaction score
I had my dog stolen this fall by construction workers that were re-building the highway out front. it's a long drawn out story, but they thought it was best for him. I say....mind your own fawking business, and if you think there is wrong, call authorities and let them decide instead of taking it upon yourself. very touchy subject with me at this point.....

That freakin sucks. And I have heard of that happening that before. I love dogs they are a big part of my life. In the 6+ years that I have been working in rescue I have had almost 1000 dog go through my place. 80% of them come off the reserves the rest have been owner surrender or from the pound when no one picked them up. I have been lucky that only one was actually stolen and given to the pound under false pretenses. I did my due diligence and got in touch with the owner and asked if they wanted their dog back (it had been gone for 2 years)...they said no (they had two others by that time) but thanked me for trying and for finding them and the dog.

I know that dogs get stolen for lots of reasons mostly due to either the "bleeding hearts" like that chick (who looks really familiar...) or the jerks that are getting rid of their problem. I still get calls all the time about dogs getting stolen from peoples own back yards, it happens a weekly or monthly basis. I agree, people should call the proper authorities if they think an animal is in danger. Most of the time the dog is perfectly fine, NOT ALWAYS but most of the time.

It comes down to this...People just see what they want to see and they forget that stealing is stealing and it is punishable under law.

mason1000

Reaction score
Ya mine loves to go sledding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324307562.501443.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324307562.501443.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 195

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
somebody report this guy. he is inhumane, subjecting nice GS to a kitty cat. not right poor dog.

anyone watch nat lampoons vacation, didn't they tie poor shep to the bumper.

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just have to say it depends on the breed as far as the snow and cold is concerned. I would never tie my dog up for starters because he would break the leash but he is trained to stay by my equipment and not stray. There would be food and water for him of course. as far as shelter goes, he would rather be out in the elements than inside any day. Might throw a blanket down for him but chances are he wouldn't use it. Best security around.. 170 lbs. of gentle kindness............ But I do have to say that there is definately some chachies out there that are reeaaalllllll cool (or think they are) That need to b treated like garbage. 3 foot leash!!! What a $@#^#$ moron!!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol awasome....

whats everyones thoughts on leaving it in the trailor??? i dont own a dog but seen this a couple times, mayby a better alternative

Potentially a great theft deterrent. :) Personally I think its up to the dog, as many have said their dogs would rather be at the staging area than sitting at home. My issues lie with pet neglect or the potential of the animal to get harmed by someone, or someone to get harmed by the animal.

Negligence- the owner should be dealt with in the same manner.

Animal could be harmed by someone who thinks "barking" is harmful - you peeps need to give your heads a shake - fawk sakes! You are riding a big loud sled and you are worried about a dog barking - LOL fawkin' hypocrits! Same comment for the peeps squawking about kids...how the fawk do you think you got to be an adult? You started as a yappy kid so get over yourself and deal with it, its part of life.

Animal might harm someone - potential that if the animal gets loose it might harm someone, lots of loud noises and sleds running around, might frighten the dog. I don't have pets because its just not my thing but I'm an animal lover as much as the next guy. That being said.... if your dog bites me or my family...you will have a dead pet on your hands.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quite the same comparing kids and dogs!Some people shouldn't have kids because they have no clue on how to raise them and care for them and some people shouldn't have pets for the same reason!I think it would just be easier to leave the dog at home or with a friend instead of risking the headache of someone not liking you leaving him at the parking lot!And I agree if your dog gets loose and bites me or one of my kids it will be the last thing it does!Sorry at the end of the day it is still just an animal!Leave them at home,no problems!:twocents:

Dragin

Reaction score
So I don't speak dog and neither do you. I'm pretty sure if leaving the dog in the trailer was something they didn't like I wouldn't have to drag them out of it every time they see it hooked up to the truck. And for people that don't like dogs barking I agree but not all breeds bark at everything mine will only bark if they sense something wrong or they're being provoked (aka your probably trying to steal my chit!)

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u got a malamute ldog? I had my boy for 12 1/2 years n that dog would stay outside all the time.I had a insulated dog house that would never get used.It could b -15 and puking and hed lay in the middle of the yard all covered in snow..sure miss that good ol boy..
I just have to say it depends on the breed as far as the snow and cold is concerned. I would never tie my dog up for starters because he would break the leash but he is trained to stay by my equipment and not stray. There would be food and water for him of course. as far as shelter goes, he would rather be out in the elements than inside any day. Might throw a blanket down for him but chances are he wouldn't use it. Best security around.. 170 lbs. of gentle kindness............ But I do have to say that there is definately some chachies out there that are reeaaalllllll cool (or think they are) That need to b treated like garbage. 3 foot leash!!! What a $@#^#$ moron!!!

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Got a springspanial that thing won't leave my side when i go sledding she stays in my van,but i leave my side doors open so she can come and go as she pleases, oya and everyone knows me here so no theiven.I'm a little nerves now that more and more people are starting to find are mountains,Even been the odd albertain seen up there.Lol

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I don't speak dog and neither do you. I'm pretty sure if leaving the dog in the trailer was something they didn't like I wouldn't have to drag them out of it every time they see it hooked up to the truck. And for people that don't like dogs barking I agree but not all breeds bark at everything mine will only bark if they sense something wrong or they're being provoked (aka your probably trying to steal my chit!)

Pretty sure I didn't say anything about leaving a dog in the trailer, where its safe and secure from anything and anyone.

As mentioned the breed of dog can play a role as to what the dog can handle. What I posted was an observation, and if were a cold weather dog like a Malamute, which I used to have, there might be less of an issue. I don't have a bleeding heart either. I have seen some dogs fully capable of being left at the staging areas and given they are conditioned for such. It doesn't take a lot to be able to identify the family pet being left tied up for the day vs. a dog which is accustomed to being left outdoors in the elements. Personally I wouldn't trust anyone enough to leave my dog there.

I am against approaching an unknown dog, especially when tied up. I don't want to be bit, and I am sure you don't want people around your dog. The dogs at which I directed my original comments were left in unfavorable conditions and were certainly not taking the dogs safety into consideration. Some riders ran their sleds past the dogs and the dog would stand there with its tail between its legs. The riders likely weren't expecting the dogs to be there when they pulled into the staging area. Some people approached the dogs and they were welcomed by a very excited dog.

There is a variety of info in this thread, some of which I can say, yeah your right about that. But I am still more in favour of leaving your dog at home or atleast in a secure vehicle/trailer than tied up outside the vehicle.

I find it amusing people comparing children to pets. You wouldn't tie your kids up to the bumper for the day (okay some of you might) so why tied up the dog there? Oh right, its just a dog. :rolleyes:

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are my thoughts.. if you care lol

one leave the dog at home if possible
if you have to bring it dont park in the middle of the parking lot go into the back corner and tie him up properly leave some water the dog will be fine

now for those who have to mind everybody elses business ... dont look at the dog , dont go and try being budies cuz if you get bit its your own damn fault , basically mind your own business

dogs love there owners its in there dna they cant help it so if it means they sit around and wait for them at the truck till they come back just to see you again guareented they will be happy to sit and do it all over next time

anyways just my thoughts on the manner

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would bring my dogs on an extended trip like a week or more just because i have no one to look after them for that long. They would be more than happy to hang out at the staging area and perfectly protected from the cold as they are German Shepards that are outdoor dogs ie. never inside. The leash may not have been for the dog but for the people. My dogs off leash would have stayed with my truck but they might have claimed the staging area as their teritory while I was away and the other sledders may have had trouble getting back into their vehicles.

I would probably leave them in the canopy of the truck as opposed to outside but again it wouldn't be because they needed it it would be for the other people using the area.

cjay

Reaction score
well said .some people should were shirts that say

IM IGNORANT YOU CAN T TELL ME NOTHING

its easy to see that some people don t respect other people so how can we expect them to respect and treat animals fairly aswell

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is the dognapper. her name is Shannon Lee Booth and lives in Camrose and works for Inline Construction. if you see this kunt befriending your dog and it disappears, it will be at her home in Camrose.

shannonleebooth.jpg

I would rather my dog be outside for 10 hours.....rather then sit with this animal ohhh my!!!! Im scared fak.....

I agree touchey subject some dogs can handle it some dogs like it,, there should be water but we dont know the whole story,, i have seen locals tie their dogs up but maybe they only ride for 2 hours un like us travelers who drive 4 hours and ride for 8....
if you guys are worried about animals just go to the local shelter they need your help trust me.....
if someone took my dog like this beast above you bet someone gonna hurt real bad!!!!
I owned a Doberman and unfortuneatly was constantly stero typed as a bad killer dog,, even had some lady with a 2lb piece off fluff come up to my house and spokes my dode so he starts barking and some how the lady call ths RCMP and Im at fault my dogs on leash beside my house, I almost went to jail that nite but that cop called me and treated me like a criminal from the first second threatening me to list my dog as a danger and making me go to court,, ya all on the phone never even seen my dog,, after having to go into town hall I learned this was the crazy ladies 3 rd complaint in 2 months so who is the fawked up one,, the cop appoligized

long story short sometimes.... MIND YOUR OWN FAK N BUSINESS or it could backfire......

If I lost my dog because of that lady.... I dont want to threaten but trust me I would have done something and it would have been significant enough to leave a mark lets put it that way,, becareful when medling in others personal life one thing ya dont fak with is someone's family and that includes my animals

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bababahaha too funny look at crazy girl pic above the dog lover,,, with the great big CAGE in the background .. ya dogs love those man oh man peoples children

I could only imagine your frustration Troy man oh man

Chunk

Reaction score
No shortage of self righteous do gooders on this site. They love to tell everyone what they're doing wrong
here are my thoughts.. if you care lolone leave the dog at home if possible if you have to bring it dont park in the middle of the parking lot go into the back corner and tie him up properly leave some water the dog will be fine now for those who have to mind everybody elses business ... dont look at the dog , dont go and try being budies cuz if you get bit its your own damn fault , basically mind your own businessdogs love there owners its in there dna they cant help it so if it means they sit around and wait for them at the truck till they come back just to see you again guareented they will be happy to sit and do it all over next time anyways just my thoughts on the manner

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No shortage of self righteous do gooders on this site. They love to tell everyone what they're doing wrong

hmmm I have read this a few times in the last week,,, quick observation from Mexico in only one month or have you been here before?

I do agree with your post!!!!

Top Bottom