Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No no no !!!

Blip the throttle often !!!

Way more fun then being a limp donker... Ha

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess Im guilty of wide open bursts on the trail up too. Doing adjustments to my Boondocker or quite often to drop cylinder temps on the way up. Blipping is the guy leaving the cabin or setting up for a climb doing the constant flipping of the throttle…must have a nervous twitch or scared or something…Lol.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed hearing people claim that dumping more fuel into the combustion cylinder (by stabbing the throttle) results in lower temperatures. You guys realize it is the fuel burning that generates the heat, right? And the more fuel you burn, the more heat? And on a cooling system that has a limited and at-times underpowered capacity on a hard trail, more heat from the motor results in higher temperature.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed hearing people claim that dumping more fuel into the combustion cylinder (by stabbing the throttle) results in lower temperatures. You guys realize it is the fuel burning that generates the heat, right? And the more fuel you burn, the more heat? And on a cooling system that has a limited and at-times underpowered capacity on a hard trail, more heat from the motor results in higher temperature.
More fuel does not mean more heat, lean conditions (less fuel) is when seizures happen. Rich conditions (more fuel) foul plugs.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I’m not a doctor but I had EGT that said different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A pencil torch is hotter than a pallet fire, but what produces more btu's?

Interesting subject. We need bill nye on this haha

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without the cooling effect from the "fuel being dumped into the combustion cylinder" and evaporating 2 stroke gasoline engines don't run very long

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A pencil torch is hotter than a pallet fire, but what produces more btu's?

Interesting subject. We need bill nye on this haha
Different wood types have different heating values too. Hardwoods burn longer than softwood. Science 🤓

slopok

Reaction score
You know the great thing about sledding off trail it’s pretty much doo what you want and if blipping , ripping the throttle and barking the can make someone feel better and a little freer in is this damn ever closing in restricting world .., let her rip , as far as on the trail each there own I guess , I could care less about the sound just like the feeling of the sled trying to rip out of my hands lol Cheers

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont care much about different BTU values from different wood but I pay to ride the groomed trail up so I am dam well gonna brap away if I feel like it. Its usually rough as ch!t anyway lol

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Air super heats, fuel cools. When you are lean you are running hot. When you are rich you are running cool. My turbo xmpert last weekend was running to rich which then the afr was coding too cool for parameters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can watch the EGT temps on a Cat gauge. The midrange temps would have made my toes curl back in my Racepak days. I just hold it right there. She was under warranty and the engineers better know what they're doing.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most everyone I know rides for pure enjoyment. Do what makes you happy as long as it puts no one else in danger and enjoy. Too many freedoms being endangered now. LIVE LIFE WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY. I did my first 5 minute ride today and by god I blipped it.

It brought a big azz smile to my face.
Loved it!!!!!

Top Bottom