leave the throttle lever alone !

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Albertan Blip I call it

Local trails with no grooming stay pretty nice!!
I was bullchiitin with the trail collector at Owlhead one day when we couldn't hear each other over the loud can brappin guys headed out blippin their throttles through the parking lot. He just looked at me and said "fuckin Alberta brappers" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Brap away I say

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed hearing people claim that dumping more fuel into the combustion cylinder (by stabbing the throttle) results in lower temperatures. You guys realize it is the fuel burning that generates the heat, right? And the more fuel you burn, the more heat? And on a cooling system that has a limited and at-times underpowered capacity on a hard trail, more heat from the motor results in higher temperature.

Lol I hope your joking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly...

Throttle blipping all day long,,, especially on the groomed trails all the way in...

Its good trail ethics...

That way We find out who has bullet proof suspension... lol

Pounding over Volks Wangon size moggals is the best...

Better fuel mileage when 1/2 the ride in is air born ...

Plus it prevents ice build-up on the running boards...

Good times for sure

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can watch the EGT temps on a Cat gauge. The midrange temps would have made my toes curl back in my Racepak days. I just hold it right there. She was under warranty and the engineers better know what they're doing.
Whatcha talkn’ bout Willis….

You mean to tell me that the Cat gauge shows you the EGT temp?
And a Polaris gauge locates where your stuck friends are?
But the $2500 Skidoo gauge is the best because Skidoo and muddders here say so….

Strange group, sledders are….

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Egt were awesome back in the jet changing days lol

Cats fuel injection was worse than a carb up until the ctec. I can see why theyd need them.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago there was an article in one of the sled mags. Some University students actually studied the phenomenon of how a snowmobile, with a flat track and flat skis, could turn a flat trail into a moguled mess. It all starts with that first little bump. Don't brapp on the trail. Only Revy grooms daily.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, that’s guys an idiot lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago I was in Darryl Bakers group at Keystone and we were crossing the goat trail and the guy in front of Darryl was blipping his throttle all the way across the goat trail leaving piles across the whole way. When they both got across Darryl grabbed the guy by the shoulder, spun him around and reamed him up one side and down the other. I thought the guy was going to cry! :ROFLMAO:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago I was in Darryl Bakers group at Keystone and we were crossing the goat trail and the guy in front of Darryl was blipping his throttle all the way across the goat trail leaving piles across the whole way. When they both got across Darryl grabbed the guy by the shoulder, spun him around and reamed him up one side and down the other. I thought the guy was going to cry! :ROFLMAO:
Was that guy nicknamed the "Rut King"?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neighbours we’re loading sleds heading for vale the other day. His son always needs to show everyone how cool he is. He was loading the sled. My thumb got a cramp just listening to him. The hundred yards at most he drove he hit that throttle 100 times. Trails in vale probably got rutted up.

Top Bottom