Tips for rebuilding an etec?

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point, I think a lot of guys overlook this. I use a diamond hone to file my rings if needed. Remember to only file one direction, toward the piston.

For sure cheap insurance.

I think the Etec Rebuild kit comes with these, no?

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm taking my mono block to Mot's Machining once apart to hopefully get it re honed. If its in that good of shape. But given how its currently running I dont see how that will be an issue.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Generally "Girly" type Riders like you should have no problems with the cylinders lol:cool:

I think the issue you may have is not enough throttle and lots of carbon build up from putting around ;))

If you ever need an Old guy testrider to get the Turbo broke in I am available

birdie

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Generally "Girly" type Riders like you should have no problems with the cylinders lol:cool:

I think the issue you may have is not enough throttle and lots of carbon build up from putting around ;))

If you ever need an Old guy testrider to get the Turbo broke in I am available

birdie

Yeah I'm almost never full throttle, as I heard that that's bad for them... lol

also why would you even want to go that fast?

Hmmm test rider huh? how much do you charge for that service?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm almost never full throttle, as I heard that that's bad for them... lol

also why would you even want to go that fast?

Hmmm test rider huh? how much do you charge for that service?

Sarcasm on the full throttle part I hope? It's a two stroke it's meant to be screaming! It's good for them.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You putting in any kind of special piston and reed? Or just stock ones?

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
I think the Etec Rebuild kit comes with these, no?

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm taking my mono block to Mot's Machining once apart to hopefully get it re honed. If its in that good of shape. But given how its currently running I dont see how that will be an issue.
Huh, I used to work with Tom 24 yrs ago at Riverside. He's had some major health issues this last while. Didn't know he was still up and running with the shop. Good to hear. Tom has always been of a high quality character.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You putting in any kind of special piston and reed? Or just stock ones?

Stock Pistons. They have worked awesome so far, why change? unless someone can recommend a better product? Has to be single ring though. I am just replacing my stock reeds with the ones that have been designed and tested by TSS, I would replace with stock but TSS is having great success with theirs and stocks are ridiculously expensive.

Sarcasm on the full throttle part I hope? It's a two stroke it's meant to be screaming! It's good for them.

Lol yes complete sarcasm. I Ride with birdie so he knows how I ride, I dont exactly baby my sled... Its either preboost or straight to the bar, I dont do mid throttle :) If you ride with me all you hear is my waste gate because rather than holding the throttle I'd rather go full boar and let off when i have to, or just to hear it... because after all; dat waste gate :D

Huh, I used to work with Tom 24 yrs ago at Riverside. He's had some major health issues this last while. Didn't know he was still up and running with the shop. Good to hear. Tom has always been of a high quality character.

that's really good to hear, If its the same guy I talked to on the phone, he sounds like a real nice guy who knows his stuff!

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well since you are asking ;):cool:

1 weekend a month sled usage
I will put my own Oil & Gas in it
So kind of me Eh!!!

It will be ok, I am an OLD Guy

birdie

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well since you are asking ;):cool:

1 weekend a month sled usage
I will put my own Oil & Gas in it
So kind of me Eh!!!

It will be ok, I am an OLD Guy

birdie

very temping offer, I don't know if my sled will be able to handle all the start/stops for pee breaks though LOL :D :D :D

Team Hold It over and out lol

Top Bottom