Temp Storage Shelter

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Found one on Kijiji, From a company in Vancouver, 20 x 32 x 16 $ 3399 plus $200 for shipping, double trussed galvanized tube, front and back roll up doors. It will take about 50 days to get here but I would take that long to get in to Uncle Weiners and there pretty much exactly the same and there $4695. I have lots of time to make the base which I will be using recycled asphalt with the ties set in to the ground and pinned. I cant go much bigger as this is 100 sf more that what's allowed by parkland county. It will be mostly hid in the bush so they can.....

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the one we got from ClubBid and paid 2500 for it. If anyone is around next weekend, I’d be happy to feed and water you for a day :D
8ad389a3e2a2da4a0dfb4d345f6f6c2c.jpg

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I haven't checked out the bylaws lately,but is there different regs for these tent buildings than for a permanent shop? I was sure I could build a 40x60 here,but that was a few years ago and they change bylaws all the time.
Found one on Kijiji, From a company in Vancouver, 20 x 32 x 16 $ 3399 plus $200 for shipping, double trussed galvanized tube, front and back roll up doors. It will take about 50 days to get here but I would take that long to get in to Uncle Weiners and there pretty much exactly the same and there $4695. I have lots of time to make the base which I will be using recycled asphalt with the ties set in to the ground and pinned. I cant go much bigger as this is 100 sf more that what's allowed by parkland county. It will be mostly hid in the bush so they can.....

View attachment 225220

View attachment 225221

View attachment 225222

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I haven't checked out the bylaws lately,but is there different regs for these tent buildings than for a permanent shop? I was sure I could build a 40x60 here,but that was a few years ago and they change bylaws all the time.

Parkland county bylaws state 500 sf maximum, if its any bigger you require a development permit and a building permit and will require engineered drawings including the foundation, so I rolled the dice since its 600 sf and im putting it up. Cant see much of it anyway unless your being nosy.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parkland tax assessment usually stops in every year too adjust land taxes. At least they do out my way. They will be the nosy ones.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Parkland county bylaws state 500 sf maximum, if its any bigger you require a development permit and a building permit and will require engineered drawings including the foundation, so I rolled the dice since its 600 sf and im putting it up. Cant see much of it anyway unless your being nosy.
That's nuts!!! City of Calgary, told me anything over 807 sq ft requires a development permit and all the other stuff you mentioned

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 10' x 20' tent came down this winter with the snow load and broke the windshield on my boat. It was 2' of heavy wet snow while I was out of the country. Nelson BC requires something a bit more sturdy but my boat gets parked under the power lines where nothing permanent can be built. I had East Lake Welding in Airdrie custom build me a steel structure that I could bolt together and they even powder coated all the metal. The pic shows the install after I put the 2 x 6's on the top to accept metal roofing. (will install this weekend). I will tarp in the sides to keep it light and will be able to drag it with my truck if the power company needs to have access to the lines. The bottom of the legs are all tied together with steel girders to make this easy.

Attachments

• shed.jpg
    shed.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 81
Top Bottom