Technical Riding competition

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe average the time of a couple runs per rider to take out some of the variables the course might throw at ya?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say factor all the times as per ow many riders across the course.

for example rider 50 may be riding 10x harder line than rider 5 due to the use.

curtis didnt you have some ideas for something like this

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its good on the screen but getting it moving is something else. I think its a great idea but will probably never get off the ground...;) I say you don't call it a competition, you call it something else like "ride in the forest" and then some guys show up for a ride in the forest. It its just some guys getting together for a ride then no need for insurance etc. You need to take a lesson from the Big Iron and Big Dawg Shootouts, there is a reason those boys had to get insurance etc because as the "organizers", they were personally liable, not something you want to be.

Just get some guys together for a ride in the forest......Let the beer can jockey's stay at home, don't need the asshats there to fawk things up, just get some real riders that want to ride in the forest.

The best way to make this actually happen is to keep it simple !
The " Hillclimb Time Trials Run " " really only needs a couple of things in place for it to be achievable.
1. A list of participants
2. A location that is central to a majority of the participants.
3. A clearly marked course.
4. A Date that allows majority of participants to participate.

As mentioned earlier. no one wants the liability of being an Organizer. Treat it the same way you challenge all the riders in your everyday groups would when one of you does a sick line and you spend the rest of the day trying to one-up that ride.
just my .02

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To me this is gettin complicated. Yes having waviers and club organization is a good idea, but why not just a group of ppl get together and just do this. There is only a smaller number of us (bout what 10-15 that have interest). If it would be much more than that number i would agree. Why not just pm each other some cooridainates for everyone to google earth up, see if its possible and we go out and crack the trail. Lets face it, this is a good opportunity to get a good skill set of riders together and find some new spots. This is not a hillclimb comp. Where first one to the top is gonna win, gonna take a couple rides to figure that out no?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At first u could even make it an invitational just to get the bugs worked out and keep the rider numbers down. Then if it seems to work and more riders wanna take part u could set up more than one course and have the top riders from the previous runs go on a fresh untouched course to see who the top dog is

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% agreed find some place no one or not many have been and try and break into it not a hill climb comp is rite just a good group of guys starting something new I'm in I love the idea and can think of a few amazing areas that would be great

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of the old Allen creek Hill climbs. in 98 they moved into the trees to the right side of the hill climb hill. We watched the show. We still call it the how to write off your 98 700 RMK course. Pure Carnarge. I know a lot has changed since then but it was quite the show.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To me this is gettin complicated. Yes having waviers and club organization is a good idea, but why not just a group of ppl get together and just do this. There is only a smaller number of us (bout what 10-15 that have interest). If it would be much more than that number i would agree. Why not just pm each other some cooridainates for everyone to google earth up, see if its possible and we go out and crack the trail. Lets face it, this is a good opportunity to get a good skill set of riders together and find some new spots. This is not a hillclimb comp. Where first one to the top is gonna win, gonna take a couple rides to figure that out no?

Oler's got it. You get a club or anything involved it gets too complicated. This whole idea of making it like drags or anything will kill it. Too many classes and it'll die, there might only be 2 guys riding 600 cc sleds....

One person does not need to be the "organizer". Just a bunch of guys getting together for a ride in the forest. There's enough guys on this thread already IMO, get a PM list going to get some email addresses and pick a spot, send out some co-ordinates and a date, whoever shows up can. After that, you pick another spot on another weekend and maybe some others show up.

Keep it low key and it'll work for ya, let it turn into a sh!tshow like the BIS and it will be killed very quick. It doesn't need 500 people and their kids sitting at the bottom of the course with a flat of beer, acting like fawk-wads, because those are the people that cause issues. Pretty easy to screen people for it, if you bring 20 of your beer drinking buddies and trash the place because you came to screw around and not to ride, you don't make the email list next time.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of the old Allen creek Hill climbs. in 98 they moved into the trees to the right side of the hill climb hill. We watched the show. We still call it the how to write off your 98 700 RMK course. Pure Carnarge. I know a lot has changed since then but it was quite the show.

you mean this line beside hillclimb LOL?

its only tight at the bottom but the problem is its extremely steep and sometimes fairly deep snow so you are forced to pick a line otherwise..well...byebye sled. notice in the video any time you see the front of my sled it means catwalk. it gets some wicked drifts in there too that you cant see unless its sunny. i only went about 7/8 the way up

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq-RpXnamzo[/YT]

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like a nice line forsure nice pull! probably the best areas are gonna be that revy,vale,mcbride type of areas seen some amazing spots up the lake from revy I know you can follow that road north or revy to mica creek there is some sweet areas up there I drove it in the summer and looks like some super sick country

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok i will get this started, pm me your e-mail address and from there i will get a contact list gooing. From there we will exchange areas and get things worked out and dates, who ever shows, shows. Note this is for technical riding ppl, not beer swelling fools i gatta dig out all day. And i wouldnt look at this like a guy is going to loose a "secret spot", there are few of us doin this and probably less gonna hit that same area more than once a year. Ie i'll goto valemont for something like this but its not my regular riding area.

Ps maxwell you better bring more game than that hahaha :)

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm totally in for this!

make it happen! get the cameras out there!

.... i have "game". yup. just bought it actually. the "old game" wouldn't cut it.

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like I posted before iam the dismount king! with this whole thing here lets not get to carried away on the whole none drinking or anything like that I personnally enjoy to have a mickey of butter ripple through out the day but I do not go out there and get liquored to the point were my riding is impaired lets make this fun but not a drunkin gong show! looking forward to this forsure!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, there needs to be a qualified definition of what "technical" means. Some guys call it a technical climb if they have to avoid the one and only tree on a 10 degree slope, others only call it technical if you can't see through the trees and the slope is more than 30 degrees.

Your supposed to aviod the tree? Since when?:p:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm totally in for this!

make it happen! get the cameras out there!

.... i have "game". yup. just bought it actually. the "old game" wouldn't cut it.

leave the cameras at home IMO. not much footage to be had in the trees and don't need the exposure.

like I posted before iam the dismount king! with this whole thing here lets not get to carried away on the whole none drinking or anything like that I personnally enjoy to have a mickey of butter ripple through out the day but I do not go out there and get liquored to the point were my riding is impaired lets make this fun but not a drunkin gong show! looking forward to this forsure!

I hear what you're saying Jared, and that's fine with me, my comments relate to that subject but I don't think its the be-all, end-all of it. If you wanna take a nip that's fine with me, no issues here. Getting fall down drunk is different but let's not beat a dead horse. I'm just saying we want riders, not a bunch of ass clowns sitting at the bottom of the hill leaving garbage all over the place, chopping down live trees to start big fires and leaving big holes in the snow for people to ride into, etc. Whether they are drinking or not, those type of people do not need to be there. There is a certain type of person that goes to any event and has to act like a fawk-wad, just because they have an audience.

I remember we used to stop for lunch and one guy who would start off 100 ft away from the group and wheelie past everyone at WFO once they shut their sleds off, just so he had everyone's full attention. Thought it would be funny and did it to another group one time sitting in a meadow and almost ran over a kid. The Dad chased him on his sled. Only rode with that guy twice, but he was always doing something for attention. Inevitably someone stupid will do something stupid. Its a law of nature.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agree with ya modman have a nip here and there dont get stupid drunk like some do letsjust make it fun with a good group of guys sounds like a blast to me

Top Bottom