Technical Riding competition

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummm, okay. Same course with say someone like Burandt riding. One with his turbo sled, the other with a stocker. Do you really think he wouldn't be faster or able to do harder lines with the turbo sled?

rsw84

Reaction score
well peace out hangers and bangers im headin to the hills, hopefully we can come to some sort of agreement, sounds like Jared and Maxwell will be top contenders ... gonna be cool !!

motomike450r

Reaction score
Maybe some different categories, men, women, under 18, turbo, non turbo, under 151 track length, old school wedge, new school xp.
Let the short tracks go first and level out the playing field a little.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless it's all done on the same sled it won't mean much.
You can pull some lines on a TM8 etc. that you could never do on a sled with half the track speed.
Got rental??

Yeah what the othe guys said, I think the idea is to design it so that most high zoot sleds with double the power wouldn't really show any advantage over a regular stocker. This wouldn't be a "trackspeed" course or a HP thing, more about rider ability to pick a line, stick it and work the sled to get there.

but.....

its easy enough to have separate classes for guys with boost because I do agree, given the right snow or hill, even in the trees a PG turbo could really kick some a$$.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i agree the turbo can go some nasty places but comparing sleds with burandt on one is not a good comparison cause that guy could make an sx700 go anywere in the world. different catefories would be a great idea. See you out in fernie RSW lookin forward to it!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was comparing Burandt on the same two sleds sled.

I'm gonna go see if my 809 will fit in my '70 Alpine, any trees sub 4" will be traction.

Ahhh, who am I kidding. My riding skill is just above "You Suck".

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha no worries so are mine i just wanna see a comp like this to see how people really do it in all honesty! i'm good at the best dismount or best smoked tree lol

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was comparing Burandt on the same two sleds sled.

I'm gonna go see if my 809 will fit in my '70 Alpine, any trees sub 4" will be traction.

Ahhh, who am I kidding. My riding skill is just above "You Suck".

I was kinda thinking your 809 wouldn't do so well since it'll be a higher revver, :D the alpine chassis might be hard to sidehill...... but something like low revving big torque motor with a 174 track and some light weight stuff and NOS would be more what you want....got anything like that in the garage?... :D

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah sounds fun, but to make it fair weight wise, Jared u have to put in at least a 1/2gallon of gas , I know , I know, that would last you at least 90 kms, but c'mon ....be fair. LOL

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahaha do you travel post to post to find me lol I'll make you cat guys a real good deal I'll pack some extra fuel for you guys so at noon you wont have to go back to the trucks and you can stay have fun with us doo guys lol keep finding me on here and cracking shots at me It makes my day go by faster and makes me smile thanks LENNYR :beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah sounds fun, but to make it fair weight wise, Jared u have to put in at least a 1/2gallon of gas , I know , I know, that would last you at least 90 kms, but c'mon ....be fair. LOL

LOL

i dont think this type of competition should be anything about fair.

mod your sled all you want. use what ever track you want, whatever turbos you want.

its a mix between skill and equipment that will conquer the course.

maybe a 154 could do it with a skilled rider.

maybe i need a 163 for my fat azz

the course should be designed so that buddy on a 30,000$ sled cant even make it as far as someone else on a etec 154.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds good and all but there would be some major obstacles to overcome to actually make this a doable, legit competition. If u guys can figure out all the logistics i'd be in and know a few others thatd prob come to compete.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forsure would be awesome if we could get it figured out and make it a go ahead I know of a few people who would love to come out for this type of comp

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds good and all but there would be some major obstacles to overcome to actually make this a doable, legit competition. If u guys can figure out all the logistics i'd be in and know a few others thatd prob come to compete.

Yeah, its good on the screen but getting it moving is something else. I think its a great idea but will probably never get off the ground...;) I say you don't call it a competition, you call it something else like "ride in the forest" and then some guys show up for a ride in the forest. It its just some guys getting together for a ride then no need for insurance etc. You need to take a lesson from the Big Iron and Big Dawg Shootouts, there is a reason those boys had to get insurance etc because as the "organizers", they were personally liable, not something you want to be.

Just get some guys together for a ride in the forest......Let the beer can jockey's stay at home, don't need the asshats there to fawk things up, just get some real riders that want to ride in the forest.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its good on the screen but getting it moving is something else. I think its a great idea but will probably never get off the ground...;) I say you don't call it a competition, you call it something else like "ride in the forest" and then some guys show up for a ride in the forest. It its just some guys getting together for a ride then no need for insurance etc. You need to take a lesson from the Big Iron and Big Dawg Shootouts, there is a reason those boys had to get insurance etc because as the "organizers", they were personally liable, not something you want to be.

Just get some guys together for a ride in the forest......Let the beer can jockey's stay at home, don't need the asshats there to fawk things up, just get some real riders that want to ride in the forest.

ya that sounds a whole lot more reasonable, almost sounds like what i do on a weekly basis ;)

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So..... when and where??

sounds like alot of interest.

the location should be some spot someone has been scouting for a while but has never got to the bowl/end. This way it is mystery terrain for everyone and truely about skills. If you pic a common spot, well its not as challenging.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very true oler and modman a ride in the forest is more like it forsure any good ideas on some spots that have been getting scouted I have one in crowsnest area buts pretty far for some to go.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Great idea by the way! Just a few points for consideration.....

For insurance purposes it has to be done by a Club(waiver's, entries, rules).
IMHO, there needs to be classes. (just like the Drag races 600's, 700's, 800's Turbo's etc.)

To me technical riding is in the trees and the tight bush trails into the basins. That way there is no avi danger to worry about.

I can think of two places right off the top on my head;
1. a circuit through the Rolling Hills/pipeline/ Marten Creek starting at Fernie.
2. using the Crossing Creek trail in Elkford going into Smith Basin and through the trees at Koko Claims and into Mear Lake and back down the trail.

I'm sure there are more venues...just need to doo some brain storming and come up with some concrete ideas......keep it going, fs

Top Bottom