Technical tree riding

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does Technical Riding in the Parking Lot Count.........and or Technical Beer Drinking...........asking for a friend!o_O

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People dangle through the trees with 4s Yammys? They must have Popeyes arms. Lol
There was definitely a knack to riding a big boost turbo 4S. I was one of the guys who had it mastered. I could bush ride the ch!t out of those things. Drink Jager all night and do it again next day lol then my elbows got old.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was definitely a knack to riding a big boost turbo 4S. I was one of the guys who had it mastered. I could bush ride the ch!t out of those things. Drink Jager all night and do it again next day lol then my elbows got old.
It was easier 10 + years ago from a body standpoint for me as well

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am definitely the worst rider in our group, I am always told "just don't look at the trees", well I've been trying not to look at the trees for a number of years and it isn't working, lol, I am absolutely amazed at some friends and their ability to technically ride through the trees. I am just a meadow muncher at heart!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am definitely the worst rider in our group, I am always told "just don't look at the trees", well I've been trying not to look at the trees for a number of years and it isn't working, lol, I am absolutely amazed at some friends and their ability to technically ride through the trees. I am just a meadow muncher at heart!

welcome to the club. Its pretty exclusive

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That’s my issue these days, elbows and arms in general gave out, no more 4s turbos and take it easy these days, arms have taken a chit kicking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't long ago guys were talking about how easy it was to ride those big power yamacats.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve found that looking at the trees while staying in the meadows and on the open hills works really well to avoid hitting them.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've certainly turned some meadow rides into technical situations. I try not to pack that much beer anymore.
Oh boy , stephen

Skis and trees ride
0461ff180c2268ec59a47fa03097db05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled brand/model and setup can make a huge difference in confidence and when you feel confident you just go harder and do things you couldn't do before. Labeling yourself as the worst rider is giving up. You should at lease aim for "most improved" through this season as that can be obtainable. The label I chose for myself is the guy who has the most fun. I am thrilled when I get to ride, even on bad snow days.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled brand/model and setup can make a huge difference in confidence and when you feel confident you just go harder and do things you couldn't do before. Labeling yourself as the worst rider is giving up. You should at lease aim for "most improved" through this season as that can be obtainable. The label I chose for myself is the guy who has the most fun. I am thrilled when I get to ride, even on bad snow days.
Power to positive thinking... I agree with the mental positive attitude is a huge confidence booster and I do improve; I'm not giving up yet, I have the willingness, drive and effort, I just lack talent / ability, I ride with some incredible riders that just make it look so easy, I over think it and probably hesitate, when you do that, you are done, can't turn off the brain is my down fall, I will keep trying, I am very lucky my circle of friends are always encouraging and provide a ton of advice and are very patient with me, I think I provide them with a lot of entertainment in return, I am getting older and have noticed that I can't ride long days, I get tired and then the Shite show starts, my nickname is 2 o'clock Rye, as soon as 2 pm hits, I'm ready to start heading back. I am by far the worst rider in our few groups that I ride in, but I am okay with that, at least I still get out.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"I provide them with a lot of entertainment in return" << This is true, but you are not the worst. That guy on the 4S struggles.....

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The turbo yamys made us good tree riders. Coz if u stop u will be there for a while. Thus u get really good at picking lines and staying in the boost.
Just don't follow too close to the turbo coz damn they could roost!

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, if you knew how to ride those boosted Yamaha’s, the low end power and torque was your friend, or enemy.

Top Bottom