Technical Riding competition

rsw84

Reaction score
well put that section at the very beggining to ensure quick elimination of half the riders

oohhh snap ... perhaps we can all put together some vids within the next couple of weeks of how we think it shoudl be done and do some comparo..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya sounds good.

the only issue i see is tracks..

if you have 50 riders attempting the same narrow lines....ovbiously the first riders have the advantage after everyone else has made a mess...

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be awesome to do something judged on your climb up and comin down cause some guys do some nasty crazy stuff coming down. but yes you do need good equipment but more skill is reguired for technical riding. i'd like to see something go down on a hill with a ton of options not just a couple chutes to have to go up some trees to rip between few cliff drops to hit on the way down a basic all mountain comp that you have to climb up and come down for your run

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Modman View Post

unfortunately skill will only get you so far. Also, there needs to be a qualified definition of what "technical" means. Some guys call it a technical climb if they have to avoid the one and only tree on a 10 degree slope, others only call it technical if you can't see through the trees and the slope is more than 30 degrees.

your point is??????

x2 :confused:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya sounds good.

the only issue i see is tracks..

if you have 50 riders attempting the same narrow lines....ovbiously the first riders have the advantage after everyone else has made a mess...

just makes the comp way more interesting watching you have to really ride your sled when it is taking you for a rodeo ride in the trees would be awesome to watch with a few :beer:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time trial type course...

...most def sounds like a blast though, I'd be up for it as well as a number ofother bros I know

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
just makes the comp way more interesting watching you have to really ride your sled when it is taking you for a rodeo ride in the trees would be awesome to watch with a few :beer:

HEY I GOTS THIS ONE GUYS.......

Alcohol is frowned upon on the hill.... save that for until you get back to the hotel....

Just sayin...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya man like up hill turns down hill turns tight little pulls and up through the trees, im sure we could come up with some sort of criteria that would have to be met or you would be DQ'd or penalized....

IMO You'll need a spot where there is a rock face in the middle of the hill (or some other impassable object). Flag off something like a 400 ft wide "course" that riders have to stay within, but can use any of this area. Then you start riders off on one side of the hill, make them cross under the impassable area so they can't just go straight up, and then have the course turn uphill again and see who makes the top. Best line through the trees wins or fastest time etc to "judge" a winner. Maybe could have a downhill turn too, etc etc.

I attached a pic of what I'm describing but this hill doesn't have a cliff in the middle of it and its not even close to steep enough (I climbed this hill on a 440 Everest.....you have to use your imagination to picture a cliff in the middle of it too...:)) and I think the course needs to be wider but I hope you get the idea. The red outlined area is the race course.

Attachments

• Race Course.jpg
    Race Course.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 271

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless it's all done on the same sled it won't mean much.
You can pull some lines on a TM8 etc. that you could never do on a sled with half the track speed.
Got rental??

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couldnt have done it better forsure that would be perfect then have an area if possible for the down hill part throw some tree's in there to make you really to have to work to go up and down! great idea on this comp

rsw84

Reaction score
IMO You'll need a spot where there is a rock face in the middle of the hill (or some other impassable object). Flag off something like a 400 ft wide "course" that riders have to stay within, but can use any of this area. Then you start riders off on one side of the hill, make them cross under the impassable area so they can't just go straight up, and then have the course turn uphill again and see who makes the top. Best line through the trees wins or fastest time etc to "judge" a winner. Maybe could have a downhill turn too, etc etc.

I attached a pic of what I'm describing but this hill doesn't have a cliff in the middle of it and its not even close to steep enough (I climbed this hill on a 440 Everest.....you have to use your imagination to picture a cliff in the middle of it too...:)) and I think the course needs to be wider but I hope you get the idea. The red outlined area is the race course.

Awesome... we are going to have to follow through with this as i think it would be somewhat succesfull, maybe even help to better our stance with the public if we can hold events and not have anyone die ...

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can pull some lines on a TM8 etc. that you could never do on a sled with half the track speed.
Got rental??

oh youd be surprised what the guys on stock M's and xp's can do dont always need a turbo to go high especially on a really technical line were you dont want any turbo lag at all thats what makes the technical comps awesome cause it's not about the raw horsepower it's majority of the rider to whip it through the trees and kick and spur his way up through the trees

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got rental??

the point would be for the course to be technical enough that a tm8 would actually suffer.

rsw84

Reaction score
oh youd be surprised what the guys on stock M's and xp's can do dont always need a turbo to go high especially on a really technical line were you dont want any turbo lag at all thats what makes the technical comps awesome cause it's not about the raw horsepower it's majority of the rider to whip it through the trees and kick and spur his way up through the trees

turbo shmurbo, those hair dryers dont mean ch!t when all you got is 20' till the next manuver...

Top Bottom