Swan Hills 2011/2012 Season

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just don't ever stay at the welcome inn............. Because it's anything, but welcome..... Checked into the Welcome Inn at about 10:30am, and filled out all the paper work, and took my credit card, then gave me keys, and said the room won't be ready til about 3pm, and I said okay, cuz we're heading sledding...... after sledding and then wrenching on Catprides sled til about 8ish went to the hotel to bbq and crash, and the guy at the desk says sorry, but the room is gone..........................wtf!!! they got us a room in a different hotel, and never helped with any of the cost for being put out of the way so much.............................. I'll be slamming that place every chance I get.................... Wally is not a very good "manager" for customer service!!!!!

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just don't ever stay at the welcome inn............. Because it's anything, but welcome..... Checked into the Welcome Inn at about 10:30am, and filled out all the paper work, and took my credit card, then gave me keys, and said the room won't be ready til about 3pm, and I said okay, cuz we're heading sledding...... after sledding and then wrenching on Catprides sled til about 8ish went to the hotel to bbq and crash, and the guy at the desk says sorry, but the room is gone..........................wtf!!! they got us a room in a different hotel, and never helped with any of the cost for being put out of the way so much.............................. I'll be slamming that place every chance I get.................... Wally is not a very good "manager" for customer service!!!!!

Sorry to hear Rick. Me and wendy had a good experience staying there. Room was OK warm,dry and was ready for us. To bad your was not. Why did your room get given away if you payed for it already??? Seems odd.

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will be there all weekend again back to my secret spots lol got love when u actually need a shovel....woot woot

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
sorry to hear rick. Me and wendy had a good experience staying there. Room was ok warm,dry and was ready for us. To bad your was not. Why did your room get given away if you payed for it already??? Seems odd.
i asked them that, glen......... The manager, wally, said "oh well, we overbooked"...........apparently not the first time this has happened there. Sure wrecked an otherwise awesome weekend in Swan Hills.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Swan Hills/Goose Tower area tomorrow. CYA all out there.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i asked them that, glen......... The manager, wally, said "oh well, we overbooked"...........apparently not the first time this has happened there. Sure wrecked an otherwise awesome weekend in Swan Hills.
They can get away with that chit there. Busy town with not very many rooms.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Swan Hills/Goose Tower. WOW !!! That snow was DEEP. Every muscle on me ACHES. 3 real good stucks. Was a fun trip, until the drive out. Road was slippery, and was snowing pretty good around 7:15pm. Rounded a corner and slid off into the weeds. Truck & trailer burried. Next truck in our group, was able to miss us, but the next truck and trailer (enclosed 25ft) couldn't miss so he took the weeds to avoid hitting us. Took another 45mins. to get us out. Unbelievable trip. Just glad no one was hurt from the crash and no damage to either truck/trailer. Glad to be home. :D

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 186
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 189

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a wicked day .... Even thou my brother broke his sled before we left the parking lots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke the base off the shock

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331497997.794497.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331497997.794497.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 287

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a wicked day .... Even thou my brother broke his sled before we left the parking lots

You guys are dangerous on the load /unload. Good thing there wasn't a bale fork in the parking lot.

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we unloaded at the 6km on the road to goose tower....he wasn't even huckin it that far maybe 10th at most into fresh snow.... Three guys ended up hooking up with us half of saterday and all day sunday....

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few more pictures of Saturdays ride. Took these from the videos we took. :D

Attachments

• Guy 2.jpg
    Guy 2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 225
  • Guy 3.jpg
    Guy 3.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Guy 5.jpg
    Guy 5.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 225
  • Me 4.jpg
    Me 4.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 223
  • Me 2.jpg
    Me 2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 223
  • Me 3.jpg
    Me 3.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 224
  • Me 7.jpg
    Me 7.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

Black08Brute

Reaction score
Lots of snow up there close to 10" on the weekend close to 4 in places yesterday best sledding of the year going on now. Another 3.5 by 2 pm and was still coming down hard. Not hard to find 3.5-4' of untouched now

Last edited:

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of snow up there close to 10" on the weekend close to 4 in places yesterday best sledding of the year going on now. Another 3.5 by 2 pm and was still coming down hard. Not hard to find 3.5-4' of untouched now

Still snowing........had about 4 inches last night...........should be a great weekend on the trails.........still a few untouched cutlines for all you pow hungry ppl.
Ride safe.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of us are riding the triangle on Saturday. Maybe we will run into you. Like you said, great snow right now!!

Top Bottom