sure quiet around here lately...........

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Now with this all being SAID by all folks!

You will now understand why I use my TURBO truck rather than my NA gas jobber to drive to Revy.
More power at all times driving through the mountains.

Absolutely nothing to do with only having a sled deck on my half ton.

It is simply just the decrease in manifold pressure.

BWHAA.
You heard it first now on Snow and Mud. It is true and should be taken as gospel.

Only haul your sleds with a TURBO'ed truck.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if you have a sled sitting at sea level not running - the pressure in the manifold would be 14.7 right? So it just so happens you start your snowmobile - at what pressure point does vacuum start in the manifold ? Hmmm would it be safe to say the starting point for negative pressure would be 14.7? Or am I a completely f*kt troll and whatever else these champions want to call me or take personal stabs at me over these FACTS - I wonder if a boost gauge kinda works the same - I wonder if the gauge sees pressure below 14.7 if it will show vacuum? Hmmm just crazyness - my gauge must be junk if it shows negative 4lbs at 8000ft? I guess my next trip to the mountains I'll have to take a pic of my gauge at elevation

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lmao. Semantics 101, “splitting hairs”.

99.9% of the boosted engines in this world do not use absolute pressure to measure boost.
Same as a tire guage does not, thats why its called “gauge” readings.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats polaris going to release tonight?? Think its a new chassis? Maybe a turbo???

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does the boost gauge have a little square box at zero? And not an exact spot where zero should be? Help me understand - if I lose 4lbs of pressure at 8000ft and to a manifold pressure of 10.7 and I use a turbo to replace that 4lb loss to get 14.7 in the manifold will my boost gauge read 4lbs of boost? //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200302/56979d13d4227262cce85f6f8765da6e.jpg

You just answered your own question dumb ass. Gauge pressure is relative to atmospheric pressure. If you gain elevation and add boost your still adding positive pressure because your above atmospheric pressure for that elevation. The sled is turbo charged and has boost pressure. Man go read a book and stop making up foolishness your completely clueless and you don’t know anything about a tinkle go polish that yellow banana

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Breaking news...Ski-Doo is the first manufacturer to reach this unprecedented goal. They have achieved the unachievable...they have now produced the first turbocharged vehicle that produces absolutely no BOOST. It’s an incredible achievement.

Updates on the 11 o’clock news.

Last edited:

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if you have a sled sitting at sea level not running - the pressure in the manifold would be 14.7 right? So it just so happens you start your snowmobile - at what pressure point does vacuum start in the manifold ? Hmmm would it be safe to say the starting point for negative pressure would be 14.7? Or am I a completely f*kt troll and whatever else these champions want to call me or take personal stabs at me over these FACTS - I wonder if a boost gauge kinda works the same - I wonder if the gauge sees pressure below 14.7 if it will show vacuum? Hmmm just crazyness - my gauge must be junk if it shows negative 4lbs at 8000ft? I guess my next trip to the mountains I'll have to take a pic of my gauge at elevation

Building vacuum is related to the throttle bodies being closed. You have a tiny space in the throttle bodies for air to passes so at low rpm the intake manifold has less pressure then atmosphere. As throttle bodies open atmospheric pressure (Na setup) acts on this and decreases the negative pressure. Wide open throttle manifold pressure is equal to atmospheric pressure. Atmospheric pressure is your BARO which can be at any given elevation.
Turbo charging is forcing of compressed air in that is anything above atmospheric pressure.
Atmospheric pressure may be 14.7 or 10 anything form of adding air pressure above this if forced induction or boost.

Chapter 1 page 1 now good educate your self cuz you look foolish as **** on here even though it was a gold laugh

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does the boost gauge have a little square box at zero? And not an exact spot where zero should be? Help me understand - if I lose 4lbs of pressure at 8000ft and to a manifold pressure of 10.7 and I use a turbo to replace that 4lb loss to get 14.7 in the manifold will my boost gauge read 4lbs of boost? //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200302/56979d13d4227262cce85f6f8765da6e.jpg

You need to figure out the difference in gauge pressure, boost pressure and absolute pressure. MAP and boost pressure is not the same. Boost pressure is above atmosphere map is absolute pressure.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Breaking news...Ski-Doo has been the first manufacturer to reach this unprecedented goal. They have achieved the unachievable...they have now produced the first turbocharged vehicle that produces absolutely no BOOST. It’s an incredible achievement.

Updates on the 11 o’clock news.
I wish I had bottomless pockets - I would buy the $20,000 stock turbo and I would put a boost gauge on it - and mount a GoPro to the bars recording the values of the boost gauge - and show you people how much boost it pushes - if someone has a stock Doo turbo and wants to put a gauge on it - I will donate the gauge

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I had bottomless pockets - I would buy the $20,000 stock turbo and I would put a boost gauge on it - and mount a GoPro to the bars recording the values of the boost gauge - and show you people how much boost it pushes - if someone has a stock Doo turbo and wants to put a gauge on it - I will donate the gauge

Think your a little bit obsessed with this gauge thing...all turbos produce boost above atmospheric pressure. It’s pretty simple.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It would show 3-4 psi boost. The ecu monitors MAP pressure. Boost pressure is not MAP. Boost is pressed above atmospheric pressure.

If you want to get real fancy put a electronic post gauge on it they read true 0 at all elevation that will show you your boost pressure.

Hook up BUDs and monitor PIDs koeo map and baro will be the same. On a NA engine at WOT map and baro will be the same always any elevation. The new skidoo at 6000 feet MAap will be much higher then BARO
That’s called MOTHER ****EN BOOST PRESSURE!!!!

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would show 3-4 psi boost. The ecu monitors MAP pressure. Boost pressure is not MAP. Boost is pressed above atmospheric pressure.

If you want to get real fancy put a electronic post gauge on it they read true 0 at all elevation that will show you your boost pressure.

Hook up BUDs and monitor PIDs koeo map and baro will be the same. On a NA engine at WOT map and baro will be the same always any elevation. The new skidoo at 6000 feet MAap will be much higher then BARO
That’s called MOTHER ****EN BOOST PRESSURE!!!!
All I've been saying from the start is that this stock Doo turbo - on a gawd damn GAUGE - it's gonna read zero - because the gauge will only register and manifold pressure above 14.7 - the boost gauge will be directly fed off of the manifold - the machine only puts out 14.7 to the manifold at all times - that's it - I'm not saying that the turbo is just sitting under the hood not spinning and putting out BOOST - as far as the gauge that would be on the machine - it will read vacuum and zero - that's it - that's all I'm getting at - that's it - simple - so all you Polaris riding flamers can f*k off eat a huge c*ck and somebody pls pit a gauge on one of these machines so you and everyone else can see for themselves - end of story I'm done - I'm over it - I can't deal with you hoors anymore

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
121-gigawatts-62f9cd8111.jpg

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I've been saying from the start is that this stock Doo turbo - on a gawd damn GAUGE - it's gonna read zero - because the gauge will only register and manifold pressure above 14.7 - the boost gauge will be directly fed off of the manifold - the machine only puts out 14.7 to the manifold at all times - that's it - I'm not saying that the turbo is just sitting under the hood not spinning and putting out BOOST - as far as the gauge that would be on the machine - it will read vacuum and zero - that's it - that's all I'm getting at - that's it - simple - so all you Polaris riding flamers can f*k off eat a huge c*ck and somebody pls pit a gauge on one of these machines so you and everyone else can see for themselves - end of story I'm done - I'm over it - I can't deal with you hoors anymore

Wrong again gauge reads boost pressure. A map sensor reads in absolute pressure. The gauge will read 3-4 psi

You don’t understand boost pressure vs absolute pressure is the problem

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gauge pressure shows the difference in pressure between the tap point and the local atmospheric pressure. This shows the differential between the two with the atmospheric pressure variable.

Absolute pressure is the pressure differential between the tap point and 14.7 psi or 1ATM.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I dont think you quite understand how boost is actually measured, quit twisting it around like you are.
All industries use a boost gauge/vacuum gauge combo , manometer etc.
Checking vacuum on a turbocharged engine is just as important as measuring boost.

Forget about the TSS, silber, Boost it systems.
In my career I have never seen a boost pressure gauge sitting at absolute pressure when the engine is down. Wether its a stationary engine with twin turbos and superchargers, or a Diesel engine with a single turbo.

The doo turbo works the same as a BD kit that ranges from 4-8psi depending on altitude. These new kits are HP maintainers. You already agreed with me on this.
Yes I have installed a BD kit on a doo and Yes the factory doo is going to show a boost level. They work the same way in maintaining there base HP setting.
The boost level is going to vary with altitude. That boost level can be anywhere from approximately .5 to 4 psi to the advertised 8000ft.

Top Bottom