sure quiet around here lately...........

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant you just get one from Elka? Help keeps the ski's down at full turbo I heard.
Might get a custom Titanium one built so I can get the right pounds of pressure per square inch - reliability for sure - that's what it's all about right - I wish I still had warranty tho too that would make it soooo good

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who needs warranty when you got shellbourne ! haha Jk whats the answer you were looking for? 0lbs spring for stock horse power?

Learn us some stuff please :beer:

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who needs warranty when you got shellbourne ! haha Jk whats the answer you were looking for? 0lbs spring for stock horse power?

Learn us some stuff please
Everyone on here seems to think I'm stupid - because I have no big diplomas - I need some of these smart people that think I'm so stupid to help me out with what lb spring should I put in my wastegate? Or my buddy's silber 850 doo - I just want stock HP - is zero lb spring the answer? I dunno - ask the wicked smart people in this thread that have said I'm wrong and dumb and won't let it go - do they make a zero lb spring for a wastegate?

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone on here seems to think I'm stupid - because I have no big diplomas - I need some of these smart people that think I'm so stupid to help me out with what lb spring should I put in my wastegate? Or my buddy's silber 850 doo - I just want stock HP

Just giving you a hard time bud, I think ur smart. I told you my answer though. no spring. Am I right or not, you're the engine builder expert. I just ride the things.....

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just giving you a hard time bud, I think ur smart. I told you my answer though. no spring. Am I right or not, you're the engine builder expert. I just ride the things.....
No spring - wouldn't work because the wastegate would just fall open - especially on my kit - my wastegate is on the bottom of the expansion chamber - I need a spring - or maybe those wicked smart people that think I'm dumb think I need Electronic boost control to maintain stock HP? I dunno

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No spring - wouldn't work because the wastegate would just fall open - especially on my kit - my wastegate is on the bottom of the expansion chamber - I need a spring - or maybe those wicked smart people that think I'm dumb think I need Electronic boost control to maintain stock HP? I dunno

Maybe a 1 pound spring then. I thought you liked running 20lbs boost anyways? If you want stock horse power, Id say get a stock sled.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a 1 pound spring then. I thought you liked running 20lbs boost anyways? If you want stock horse power, Id say get a stock sled.
A stock sled is no good - there's only one stock sled that can maintain hp - I'm not paying $20,000 for one - I've already got a Doo with a turbo - I just need to make this one that I got maintain the stock HP all the way to 8000ft - I'm hoping one of the champs from up above that were giving me a hard time - chime in here and educate me on what size spring I should run in my wastegate - I've only run 12lbs not 20 - let's not blow it out of proportion - that's my wife's job

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Everyone on here seems to think I'm stupid - because I have no big diplomas - I need some of these smart people that think I'm so stupid to help me out with what lb spring should I put in my wastegate? Or my buddy's silber 850 doo - I just want stock HP - is zero lb spring the answer? I dunno - ask the wicked smart people in this thread that have said I'm wrong and dumb and won't let it go - do they make a zero lb spring for a wastegate?

You're not dumb.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A stock sled is no good - there's only one stock sled that can maintain hp - I'm not paying $20,000 for one - I've already got a Doo with a turbo - I just need to make this one that I got maintain the stock HP all the way to 8000ft - I'm hoping one of the champs from up above that were giving me a hard time - chime in here and educate me on what size spring I should run in my wastegate - I've only run 12lbs not 20 - let's not blow it out of proportion - that's my wife's job

So you figure the one pound spring isnt going to work then?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you figure the one pound spring isnt going to work then?
So is that what the stock 850 Doo turbo is pushing? 1lb all the time to maintain stock HP - 1lb boost all the way from sea level to 800ft?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It add 0-4lbs pressure depending on altitude. Thats not boost in your world though. we know you told us 50 ****ing times, you must think we are dumb :rolleyes:
At what pressure does vacuum start? Above zero to 4lbs is considered boost for sure - in my world that is actual as F*k actual boost - but everyone thinks I'm dumb and think I need a bunch courses in absolute manifold pressure and boost and pressure and the difference between gauge readings and barometric pressure etc etc etc apparently

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking about the Doo's turbo, cause you asked.

If im at 8000 ft and air pressure is 10.9psia. how would I increase the manifold pressure to 14.7psi?

Could I do that without the spinny thing?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in a small town in Alberta Canada with an altitude of 2015ft above sea level - with an atmospheric pressure of 13.66psi - sea level is 14.7psi - I have an electronic boost gauge - the koso x2 - if I power on the gauge without the motor running it reads negative 0.5 - because my altitude pressure is just shy 1lb - it only reads in point 5's - so I guess that would mean at my house I'm at almost a lb of vacuum - no? Has anything I said above a false statement?
5cf6448c71e3c8a53130f2ce0135bb5c.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You answer the question first before I answer any more of your chit

8000feet air pressure 10.9psia , I want 14.7psi in the manifold, do I need the spinny thing yes or no?

Top Bottom